Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I sent off my UCAS application a couple of days ago and applied to MMU, Leeds Beckett, BCU, De Montfort and East Anglia.

Very nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview from Sheffield? I got one today for the 8th December!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eskimok1)
    Anyone got an interview from Sheffield? I got one today for the 8th December!!!
    Ah congrats!!
    Hopefully that means everyone else will hear soon as well! How long ago did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Got a questionnaire from Reading Uni today! Really hope I get through this stage because its my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InDreams)
    Got a questionnaire from Reading Uni today! Really hope I get through this stage because its my first choice.
    Reading is my first choice too ,good luck with the questionnaire! !!

ReputationRep:
    Exciting to see interviews etc coming through - good luck you guys!

You will be amazed how much you come to depend on this thread in the coming months ...

ReputationRep:
    Meeep! My shadowing has been delayed till next week, dont know if I should submit my personal statement asap because I want an interview at BCU too =P

I have tutored English for years, worked as a Healthcare Assistant in a paediatric surgical ward, been on a SLT as a career course, volunteer for an aphasia charity and have done lots of reading and watching videos etc. But I kind of wanted the shadowing to be on there too.. but I guess if I get through I could use it later?

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for Sheffiled yay! Dunno how I'm gonna get all this time of work tho

ReputationRep:
    Just got my first update on track, a straight up no from Manchester Met! Starting to worry I should have sent off my application earlier as it seems unis may have handed out all their interview spots?? What do you guys think? Do they have an interview limit or some kind of deadline for applications I didn't know about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HowayGuapa)
    Just got my first update on track, a straight up no from Manchester Met! Starting to worry I should have sent off my application earlier as it seems unis may have handed out all their interview spots?? What do you guys think? Do they have an interview limit or some kind of deadline for applications I didn't know about?
    The timing of your application won't be the issue - only applications made after the Jan deadline run that risk - have you met all the essential criteria as stated on the website? You could ask the uni why they have declined you - think there were some glitches earlier when people were declined by mistake.

Sorry its bad news but good luck with your other choices.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview for Manchester met yet? What's it's like? I just got mine through so I'm dreading it! Anyone got any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahBennett97)
    Has anyone had an interview for Manchester met yet? What's it's like? I just got mine through so I'm dreading it! Anyone got any tips?
    Just research the role of an SLT and you will be fine - its a good afternoon - starts with a talk then a tour and then the written test part - well if it follows the same pattern as last year anyway! It's all quite relaxed and friendly so don't worry.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Just research the role of an SLT and you will be fine - its a good afternoon - starts with a talk then a tour and then the written test part - well if it follows the same pattern as last year anyway! It's all quite relaxed and friendly so don't worry.

Good luck
    Great thank you! Are the questions more about yourself or about the role?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cej1997)
    Ah congrats!!
    Hopefully that means everyone else will hear soon as well! How long ago did you apply?
    Thank you, hopefully yeah!!! I sent mine off on 27th October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahBennett97)
    Great thank you! Are the questions more about yourself or about the role?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We cant really reveal specifics about the questions - just don't worry they are not trying to trip you up. Honestly last year most unis were very friendly and relaxed on the interviews. You will be fine - easy to say now its over lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    The timing of your application won't be the issue - only applications made after the Jan deadline run that risk - have you met all the essential criteria as stated on the website? You could ask the uni why they have declined you - think there were some glitches earlier when people were declined by mistake.

Sorry its bad news but good luck with your other choices.
    Where did you hear about accidental declines? I don't really want to email them assuming they have made a mistake haha! I'll have to hope for better luck for the others. Still waiting to hear back about postgrad though which is my number one choice. *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HowayGuapa)
    Where did you hear about accidental declines? I don't really want to email them assuming they have made a mistake haha! I'll have to hope for better luck for the others. Still waiting to hear back about postgrad though which is my number one choice. *fingers crossed*
    On this thread a few pages back - happened to two applicants I think. Good luck with your other applications. Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Nope! I don't think they are interviewing this year though

ReputationRep:
    Massive congratulations to everyone getting interviews! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk1995)
    has anyone here applied to cardiff-met?
    I have - have you heard anything from them?? x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.