Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do your parents feel about you dating outside of your race? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm black. I've been attracted to white guys for as long as I can remember, some black guys too...but lean towards the former. My dad would never accept it, being that he's very straight laced and traditional. Mum's kinda the same. So I've always avoided introducing any guy to my parents.

Yeah, it sucks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They don't say anything considering my father married a white woman and had two mixed children. If they turned arond and said I can't date/marry a certain race/religion I'd be like ''Lor' luv a duck! What did yew just say?''

ReputationRep:
    Its more about my culture. They prefer them to be christian and anglo.

Although preferbly white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eur0peanGenocide)
    Do White people realise there will be no White's left because you're too busy having mixed race babies?Do you understand what the multicultural MELTING pot is and who created it? Why White countries are being flooded with mass-immigration that's destroying and replacing the White population? For anyone who says love is all that matters, think about the statistics of interracial dating and it's genocidal effect. All you see is White women with half black babies, but rarely ever a father. Why do you think that is? Get some self respect and stop killing your own people. One true love is a load of crap, you may fall in love with someone out your race but you'll end up single with a mixed race baby like the rest of them.
    Your ignorance is astonishing, if you could perhaps take you backwards, racist and frankly unintelligent views somewhere else, that would be fab!

From a friend to many, many, MANY mixed race people with happily married interracial parents

ReputationRep:
    Same religion preferably. Race isn't a problem unless there would be a significant culture clash.

ReputationRep:
    If I dated outside of my race, they probably wouldn't say anything, but I'd know that they're silently judging me. I'm only attracted to my race though.

ReputationRep:
    Well...Considering I am mixed race anyway, they'd be pretty stupid to be annoyed by it haha. I doubt they'd have an issue with it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm half Indian and half South American so I doubt my dad could say anything about it. But I have really conservative grandparents who would give me a very long lecture about dating if they found out I was dating a white guy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My mum hates the idea but it's my life and my choice

So much racism in this thread lol. Alot of Islamaphobic views to especially from Indian Hindus, but I wonder if that only extends to Pakistani muslims and not lets say muslims who aren't asian+ alot of Indians still follow the caste system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstraction)
    Doesn't matter if you're part black, you're still thinking like a racist. To think an entire group of people are not worth your attention merely because of skin colour is racist, 'preference' is not a good enough cover-up. Hitler also 'preferred' a Jewless world. White supremacists and nationalists simply 'prefer' a world without non-whites. If you discriminate in some way based on colour, you're racist. It's that simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if that skin colour doesnt give you a boner? Thst wont be a healthy relationship
    • Welcome Squad

My parents don't mind ahaha, I'm open to all races tbh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.