Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by KingPanda)
    If I'm called for an interview at imperial what are my chances of getting an offer?
    And how long does it take for an offer to come through?
    Im just a little nervous but excited to right now
    They don't release official statistics on how likely you are to get a place given that you have an interview but my guess is 50-60%. At least for me (this may have changed) the offer was sent as a letter and I received it the Wednesday after the interview. UCAS still hasn't updated though.

ReputationRep:
    Just received an Unconditional from Leicester
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Jords13)
    Just received an Unconditional from Leicester
    Well done! Do you like Leicester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    Well done! Do you like Leicester?
    It's alright but not my top choice ofcourse. I'm just happy to get an unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jords13)
    It's alright but not my top choice ofcourse. I'm just happy to get an unconditional.
    What are your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Citipati)
    What are your predicted grades?
    AAA

ReputationRep:
    What do people think about living in London as a student? If i get an offer and the grades for Imperial, is it stupid not to take that opportunity and go elsewhere? It sounds like the most prestigious course and highest employability (alongside Cambridge), but I'm just wondering if I would actually enjoy my time as a student in London, being so expensive and such a big place.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by jbrown2)
    What do people think about living in London as a student? If i get an offer and the grades for Imperial, is it stupid not to take that opportunity and go elsewhere? It sounds like the most prestigious course and highest employability (alongside Cambridge), but I'm just wondering if I would actually enjoy my time as a student in London, being so expensive and such a big place.
    Completely depends on what you want from your student experience. I want to get out of London as soon as possible (and the cost of Imperial makes me dizzy) but not everyone will have that attitude.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from UCL. (Without an interview!) offer for AAB
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I got an offer from UCL. (Without an interview!) offer for AAB
    Well done. Is that Geology or Geophysics? Or Earth Sciences?

ReputationRep:
    Well done. Is that Geology or Geophysics? Or Earth Sciences?
    Msci Earth Sciences.

I have to attend the applicants day. Did you attend it, or are you going to attend it?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Msci Earth Sciences.

I have to attend the applicants day. Did you attend it, or are you going to attend it?
    I'm attending. When's your day? I'm on the 10th December.

ReputationRep:
    I'm attending. When's your day? I'm on the 10th December.
    I haven't received the letter yet- but I persume is tenth too, as they just have two dates.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I haven't received the letter yet- but I persume is tenth too, as they just have two dates.
    They've definitely got more than two dates, I got a list from the head of admissions!

ReputationRep:
    They've definitely got more than two dates, I got a list from the head of admissions!
    Well it must've been just me (when I was looking at their site there was one in December and april).
    The odd thing is- on their portal it is written "In Admission", even when they claim we get an offer first on their sire, then get one in UCAS. I hope there will be no complications.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Well it must've been just me (when I was looking at their site there was one in December and april).
    The odd thing is- on their portal it is written "In Admission", even when they claim we get an offer first on their sire, then get one in UCAS. I hope there will be no complications.
    Well the admissions day is compulsory, as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    Well the admissions day is compulsory, as far as I know.
    Yep- the condition said exact thing. I am looking forward it. (Albeit, two six hour journeys seem dizzying now).
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yep- the condition said exact thing. I am looking forward it. (Albeit, two six hour journeys seem dizzying now).
    Wow, a 12 hour journey? You poor thing - did you go to the open day? Because apparently it's basically the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, a 12 hour journey? You poor thing - did you go to the open day? Because apparently it's basically the same thing.
    (one journey to Royal Holloway, 4 hours one way, another 4 hour return)(same goes for UCL)(so basically- 16 hours in a car during a span of a month). No I've never been- but walked past Gower Street on my previous visit in London.
    So- quite lucky for me- (my sister is happy too, she has a chance of going to Madame Tussaud's again). For Royal Holloway, I've already been on open day but have to attend the interview which is set during the applicants day; there's also Manchester, but it is an one-bus distance from my home.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (one journey to Royal Holloway, 4 hours one way, another 4 hour return)(same goes for UCL)(so basically- 16 hours in a car during a span of a month). No I've never been- but walked past Gower Street on my previous visit in London.
    So- quite lucky for me- (my sister is happy too, she has a chance of going to Madame Tussaud's again). For Royal Holloway, I've already been on open day but have to attend the interview which is set during the applicants day; there's also Manchester, but it is an one-bus distance from my home.
    I like the area where UCL is. It's London but it doesn't feel quite as bustley as South Kensington.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.