Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryrevise)
    I have 33

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow! I thought 25 was bad enough! How are you planning on organising your revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humzaawan123)
    ikr... i have my french listening, french reading,biology additional and biology further additional on the same day and it is the first day of exams
    Ah well, we'll work hard and get through it.. I'm just worried about having to cram my revision all at once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine_08)
    Wow! I thought 25 was bad enough! How are you planning on organising your revision?
    Try and get all my revision notes and flashcards done before Christmas so all my resources are ready and start proper revision from about January probably not sure how it's going to work really, it's so many exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All of them, especially maths- I really want a B! I just had a look at the exam timetable and now I'm even more terrified Can't believe we've only got 9 months...
    Where did you get an exam timetable? Or are all the exam timings on the exam board websites already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellenroberts3)
    Hey, do you all have work experience?
    At my school we do work experience in July after we've done all our exams. We started writing our CVs at school near the end of Year 10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imank01)
    Which A-Levels are you deciding to take? Also were you able to balance extra-curricular with revision effectively?
    I've chosen Maths, Psychology, Chemistry and Biology. I think that for myself especially up to April I was perfectly find with my extra curricular but when it came to May I didn't want to jeopardise my exams at all so I put them on hold until exam season was over. I know some people who did much more than myself but still they managed to balance the clubs and come out of the exams successful. With GCSEs you just really need to listen in class and really do ask if you have any questions. If you have any revision guides and you know the teacher would be going over a particular topic in lesson, why not just read that page the day before? Trust me it helps a lot! Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JanitaTwain)
    How did you find it? Do you remember what the six mark question was about?
    I think it was okay, how about you? And i'm not sure what the six mark was, I think it was something to do with comparing two substances or something?

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get an exam timetable? Or are all the exam timings on the exam board websites already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're on the exam board websites, or at least AQA and Edexcel - they're provisional, but they shouldn't change much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DustToDust)
    I think it was okay, how about you? And i'm not sure what the six mark was, I think it was something to do with comparing two substances or something?
    I done C2 and C3 together, just as I finished C2 the invigilators handed out the C3 paper. I personally found C2 waaaayyyyy harder than C3. But all in all it was a decent paper. When are you getting your results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invest)
    Oh nice. What are you hoping to get?

Sweet. What are you hoping to get in statistics? & did this include coursework - what did you get in that also?
    I'm hoping for A* in RS, A/A* in English lit and A in science. However, after the exams i'm thinking my English may be a B.

ReputationRep:
    I done C2 and C3 together, just as I finished C2 the invigilators handed out the C3 paper. I personally found C2 waaaayyyyy harder than C3. But all in all it was a decent paper. When are you getting your results?
    I only did the unit 2's, and compared to the biology I loved chemistry haha! I'm getting them on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    I only did the unit 2's, and compared to the biology I loved chemistry haha! I'm getting them on Thursday.
    Wow, I am dreading biology, I find physic sooooooo much easier to understand. Are you going to get them at the same time as the (old) year 11s?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I am dreading biology, I find physic sooooooo much easier to understand. Are you going to get them at the same time as the (old) year 11s?
    Year 11 go at 9:30 and I can go at 10:30. I'm getting English lit and RS as well

ReputationRep:
    Year 11 go at 9:30 and I can go at 10:30. I'm getting English lit and RS as well
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!
    Thank you, you too!

ReputationRep:
    Try and get all my revision notes and flashcards done before Christmas so all my resources are ready and start proper revision from about January probably not sure how it's going to work really, it's so many exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds like a good plan, now you just have to make sure you stick by it. It will work if you keep your time organised I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, we'll work hard and get through it.. I'm just worried about having to cram my revision all at once.
    yeah, i think in some instances i will have to prioritize revision for some exams, which is really not ideal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humzaawan123)
    yeah, i think in some instances i will have to prioritize revision for some exams, which is really not ideal
    Yeah, I don't want to have to do that. What subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellenroberts3)
    Hey, do you all have work experience?
    Our school gave us 2 weeks off (we came back and had the last week of school before summer) to do ours I went to a local law firm for mine, for both weeks

I know primary schools were common, one of my friends went to an engineering facility, another went to a roller skating rink....it was really varied

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else collecting unit 2 science results?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.