University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread Watch

laratomkins12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ela Pari Huws)
I've had a conditional offer from Edinburgh o study Social Anthropology, is there anyone else here who wants to study Social Anth? I'm trying to decide between Edinburgh, Durham and St Andrews!

i am desperate to study social anthropology at edinburgh!! i got 3As 2Bs in my highers, sadly as I've not heard back!! how did you do in your exams?

well done!! what were your conditions?
Ela Pari Huws
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rovensie)
Hi! I've got an offer for sociology and social anthropology and I believe there's another two offer holders in anthropology as well. I've also got an offer from Durham, but Edinburgh city attracts me more. Also Edinburgh seems to be more famous internationally. However Durham has the college system... I can't really decide as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah nice! Well I loved Durham when i visited and the college system seems to make it a lot easier to settle in and feel at home! But I really love Edinburgh so I don't know! Apparently in Scotland the first year is easier and isn't as heavy, which seems better, but I don't relly understand the differences aha!
bri_bda
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an offer in Social Policy and Sociology and definitely leaning towards Edinburgh as my firm
Ela Pari Huws
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by laratomkinys12345)
i am desperate to study social anthropology at edinburgh!! i got 3As 2Bs in my highers, sadly as I've not heard back!! how did you do in your exams?

well done!! what were your conditions?
Thank you, I had 3A's in my AS levels but they've offered me 3B's which I'm really suprised about, I didn't even expect an offer!
And don't worry I'm sure you'll hear from them soon!
Where else have you applied for?
bmorollon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've had a conditional offer from Edinburgh o study Social Anthropology, is there anyone else here who wants to study Social Anth? I'm trying to decide between Edinburgh, Durham and St Andrews!
Hi i'm doing maths and physics but have the same issue!! I can't decide between Edinburgh and St. Andrews
Aqua_Diamond
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone gotten any offers for Japanese or Japanese & Linguistics yet? - I haven't heard anything back and I'm getting quite anxious now.
Cutie Xx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cora06140)
No one can help? First year entry in St Andrews or second year entry in Edinburgh.... This is so tough, how one earth do you chose? They are both great unis, the course is great at both, liked both campuses/towns when visiting, accommodation cost is roughly the same (bit higher in Edinburgh perhaps but it's only 3 years), help!!
I can't offer much insight into the courses.. But being from Edinburgh, it's a bigger city, more going on, more students. If that's what you're in to! A great mix of nationalities too. As you say, they're both great unis

Posted from TSR Mobile
cumberlordie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aqua_Diamond)
Has anyone gotten any offers for Japanese or Japanese & Linguistics yet? - I haven't heard anything back and I'm getting quite anxious now.
I'm a linguistics applicant and still waiting! Hope they'll start answering soon!
Ela Pari Huws
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bmorollon)
Hi i'm doing maths and physics but have the same issue!! I can't decide between Edinburgh and St. Andrews
Yeah it's so hard to choose! Have you visited both unis?
Rovensie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah nice! Well I loved Durham when i visited and the college system seems to make it a lot easier to settle in and feel at home! But I really love Edinburgh so I don't know! Apparently in Scotland the first year is easier and isn't as heavy, which seems better, but I don't relly understand the differences aha!
But the course is a year longer... really can't decide...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ela Pari Huws
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But the course is a year longer... really can't decide...

Posted from TSR Mobile
My course is 4 years at Durham aswell at it's an MA so it doesn't help my decision unfortunately!:')
Rovensie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My course is 4 years at Durham aswell at it's an MA so it doesn't help my decision unfortunately!:')
But an Edinburgh MA is not the same as a Durham MA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ela Pari Huws
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But an Edinburgh MA is not the same as a Durham MA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope I know, In Durham I have to study 3 years of anthropology + 1 year on the social aspect, where in St Andrews most courses is an MA anyway I think
esrioasaoirse
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anybody heard from joint English Lit yet? Or modern languages?
I'm losing the plot thinking about it
olivervick
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by esrioasaoirse)
Has anybody heard from joint English Lit yet? Or modern languages?
I'm losing the plot thinking about it
My friend got a Joint French and English Literature offer about 3 weeks ago - BBB A levels
esrioasaoirse
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh my god that's the one I applied for, now I really am panicked! Congratulations to your friend though
I hope they're not finished with offers for that yet!
olivervick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh my god that's the one I applied for, now I really am panicked! Congratulations to your friend though
I hope they're not finished with offers for that yet!
Edinburgh are notorious for taking forever! I applied for Pharmacology as my 5th choice way back at the October deadline and only heard last month about the offer!
esrioasaoirse
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by olivervick)
Edinburgh are notorious for taking forever! I applied for Pharmacology as my 5th choice way back at the October deadline and only heard last month about the offer!
Congrats on the offer! Yeah everyone I've spoken to has warned that Edinburgh are one of the slowest, I'm not used to the UK uni system though, is it normal for offers to go out for the same course weeks apart? Or would they all go out in one block?
olivervick
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congrats on the offer! Yeah everyone I've spoken to has warned that Edinburgh are one of the slowest, I'm not used to the UK uni system though, is it normal for offers to go out for the same course weeks apart? Or would they all go out in one block?
Thanks Yeah they're notorious. I know people who got offers for the same course weeks apart so it's normal for Edinburgh, the one exception I know of is medicine when they sent out all the offers at 8pm one night haha
esrioasaoirse
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by olivervick)
Thanks Yeah they're notorious. I know people who got offers for the same course weeks apart so it's normal for Edinburgh, the one exception I know of is medicine when they sent out all the offers at 8pm one night haha
Will you be firming it? Oh ok that makes me feel better at least, here I was thinking that was my chances out the window! Hahaha at least everyone in Medicine knew at once! Kind of wish they did the same for the other courses, at least the wait wouldn't be as torturous!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads