?
Report 3 years ago
Gov and eco student here!
AdmiralAckbar15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Out of interest, which halls has the most Uk students ans which has more international students? What halls are best for Uk students?
pupil2354
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I did iGCSEs and got 4 A*s, 4 As and 2 Bs. Is there any point applying to LSE for Geography with Economics with those grades? I am hoping to get 4 As at AS level and then 3 for A level.
Thanks!
JWJW
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, I am taking Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Government & Politics and planning to apply for ECONOMICS in LSE.

Do you think there would be any disadvantages for me to take G & P or would it be fine??
DarkPeople
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by pupil2354)
Hi, I did iGCSEs and got 4 A*s, 4 As and 2 Bs. Is there any point applying to LSE for Geography with Economics with those grades? I am hoping to get 4 As at AS level and then 3 for A level.
Thanks!
Looks like you have all the ingredients to build a strong application. Go for it! However, make sure you are eligible to apply: ''A*AA (to include A* in Maths) plus a pass in a fourth subject for those with 4 or more A2s or A*AA plus an A grade in Further Maths AS for those offering AS Further Maths only''.
DarkPeople
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JWJW)
Hello, I am taking Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Government & Politics and planning to apply for ECONOMICS in LSE.

Do you think there would be any disadvantages for me to take G & P or would it be fine??
You should read the FAQs under admissions for BSc Economics on the website. That combination of subjects looks like a typical selection taken by successful Econ applicants. Note that it says ''In addition to Maths, the selectors prefer to see subject combinations which indicate that you possess both analytical and writing abilities. Subjects which appear as common post-16 choices are Economics (although not a required subject); Physics; History; Chemistry; English and Government and Politics'' + further maths to a good level. Good luck.
pupil2354
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DarkPeople)
Looks like you have all the ingredients to build a strong application. Go for it! However, make sure you are eligible to apply: ''A*AA (to include A* in Maths) plus a pass in a fourth subject for those with 4 or more A2s or A*AA plus an A grade in Further Maths AS for those offering AS Further Maths only''.
Thank you! i though geography and economics was AAA, has it changed from what you are saying to A*AA?
Many thanks
DarkPeople
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by pupil2354)
Thank you! i though geography and economics was AAA, has it changed from what you are saying to A*AA?
Many thanks
Sorry. I must have misread it as a pure Econ degree! You're right - it is AAA with an A in Mathematics.
JavaScriptMaster
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Aj_16)
As the title states, I'm a current LSE student. The process can be quite long and I found when applying last year that there are numerous questions I needed the answer to which I couldn't find answers for. I have been at LSE for 2 months so far and I'm loving my experience. I hope to answer any queries you people may have... fire away
How much is your rent?
Nazrin <3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What if your GCSE grades are mainly Bs? I wasnt quite the A* student at GCSE do I still have a chance of getting in?
HarryDavis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do all applicants have the same chance of receiving an offer for a certain subject? For example, if a student took Sociology, Art and Maths at A Level and were wanting to apply for the Social Policy degree, would they have the same chance of receiving an offer as someone who took Government & Politics, Sociology and Psychology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
raimah
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got 6A* and 2 A in GCSE. My AS predicted grades are maths A*, physics A, chemistry B.
I have really strong extra curricular activities including sports and art. I plan on getting work experience over this summer.
what are my chances of getting admitted into BSc accounting and finance?
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello! I will also be studying at LSE next year. I received an email concerning the programme timeline for next year and I realised that Christmas vacation last for almost 1 month. As I am an international student I plan on visiting my parents that period. Do you know if I have to be in London or if I can leave during the whole Christmas vacation?
DarkPeople
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 1206)
Hello! I will also be studying at LSE next year. I received an email concerning the programme timeline for next year and I realised that Christmas vacation last for almost 1 month. As I am an international student I plan on visiting my parents that period. Do you know if I have to be in London or if I can leave during the whole Christmas vacation?
You can leave for the vacation. Obviously if you have January exams, you would probably benefit coming back to London a bit earlier to resettle etc.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DarkPeople)
You can leave for the vacation. Obviously if you have January exams, you would probably benefit coming back to London a bit earlier to resettle etc.
Οk, thank you very much. Having studied my undergraduate degree in Greece, I am not used to so many days in Christmas vacation!
sadaf.m
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, Please can you tell me the best halls for a politics and international relations student. I want the cheapest one and one which is close to the school . Also I want my own bathroom ..thanks
F11AK
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Aj_16)
As the title states, I'm a current LSE student. The process can be quite long and I found when applying last year that there are numerous questions I needed the answer to which I couldn't find answers for. I have been at LSE for 2 months so far and I'm loving my experience. I hope to answer any queries you people may have... fire away
Are there any gulf Arab students (Saudi, Qatari, Kuwaiti etc.)?
john787
Badges: 1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by F11AK)
Are there any gulf Arab students (Saudi, Qatari, Kuwaiti etc.)?
2015/2016 stats
Saudi 13
Qatar 10
Kuwait 8
Oman 4
Yemen 0

Source LSE website
http://www.lse.ac.uk/intranet/LSESer...nStudents.aspx
Persian ninja
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is it true you can get extra time in exams, and if so, how ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aj_16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Persian ninja)
Is it true you can get extra time in exams, and if so, how ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Persian Ninja (cool name !),

Extra time is permitted only if a student has a disability. Medical proof is needed for this disability and then extra time is given in exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.61%
No - but I will (56)
7.19%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (374)
48.01%

Watched Threads