Eurovision Song Contest Society 2015 Watch

hpiercey3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 26december)
Very disappointed that Iceland, Czech Republic, Malta and Switzerland didn't qualify.

None the less my final for the top 5 didn't change:
1) Spain
2) Russia
3) Belgium
4) Serbia
5) Armenia

Posted from TSR Mobile
YES Edurne! Interesting about Armenia, it is certainly different? I can't make my mind up what I think about it just yet
hpiercey3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ManicPumpkin)
Very happy that Lithuania, Norway, Cyprus and Azerbaijan qualified. Don't feel Montenegro deserved to qualify. Very sad for Ireland and Portugal, although I knew the latter's chances were slim. Also disappointed Malta didn't qualify.
No Lithuania was really bad imo, whereas Montenegro was actually very catchy! Yes the famous Portugal deny, I hope they qualify one year - based on neighbour voting, they are very limited!
hpiercey3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Genesis2703)
Oh I'm really happy there are a lot of ballads, I'm just sad there isn't really any uptempo of the variety I enjoy. Stuff like Israel just doesn't do it for me.

I agree the presenting is bad, and to be honest I feel that might be what is making it feel weird more so than anything else. There is just no good humour
Ah yes I think as long as the running order tries and encorperates a mix of songs, It will work well. Israel is fun but his vocals is slightly weaker than I was expecting - None the less I am happy they got to qualify.

Exactly, the last few years it seemed to flow well and there was much more enthusiasm. It will be interesting to see how they cope, especially in the interval act presentation. Hopefully no awkward jokes...
Genesis2703
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hpiercey3)
Ah yes I think as long as the running order tries and encorperates a mix of songs, It will work well. Israel is fun but his vocals is slightly weaker than I was expecting - None the less I am happy they got to qualify.

Exactly, the last few years it seemed to flow well and there was much more enthusiasm. It will be interesting to see how they cope, especially in the interval act presentation. Hopefully no awkward jokes...
Not that I liked defending them, but the semi final allocation and halves thing is entirely random, so there are only slots off 8 the producers can order. In a mid-low tempo year it's hard to get the balance right. It could have been handled a little better though.

I don't think the 3 hosts this year did anything together before the contest, they probably werent given sufficient time to bond :/
hpiercey3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not that I liked defending them, but the semi final allocation and halves thing is entirely random, so there are only slots off 8 the producers can order. In a mid-low tempo year it's hard to get the balance right. It could have been handled a little better though.

I don't think the 3 hosts this year did anything together before the contest, they probably weren't given sufficient time to bond :/
Ah yes thats true, so many entries that are similar, there is only so much the productions can do to try and differentiate artists. Indeed that would make sense, I don't see a need for 3 presenters, as they don't seem to 'gel' very well and amongst the excitement of everything else, its all a bit too much. Not to mention the arena isn't that large either.
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
All of the qualified countries have now selected which half of the Grand Final they will be performing in! (Countries in bold qualified from Semi-Final 2)

FIRST HALF
Armenia
Australia
Belgium
Cyprus
Estonia
France
Israel
Lithuania
Norway
Serbia
Slovenia
Sweden
United Kingdom

SECOND HALF
Austria - 14
Albania
Azerbaijan
Georgia
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Italy
Latvia
Montenegro
Poland
Romania
Russia
Spain

It is now up to the Producers to create the running order! We should know this either later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning!
26december
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All of the qualified countries have now selected which half of the Grand Final they will be performing in! (Countries in bold qualified from Semi-Final 2)

FIRST HALF
Armenia
Australia
Belarus
Cyprus
Estonia
France
Israel
Lithuania
Norway
Serbia
Slovenia
Sweden
United Kingdom

SECOND HALF
Austria - 14
Albania
Azerbaijan
Georgia
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Italy
Latvia
Montenegro
Poland
Romania
Russia
Spain

It is now up to the Producers to create the running order! We should know this either later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning!
Belarus didn't qualify... Do you mean Belgium

Posted from TSR Mobile
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by 26december)
Belarus didn't qualify... Do you mean Belgium

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's scary is that no-one picked that up when I posted it yesterday!
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What's scary is that no-one picked that up when I posted it yesterday!
Because we all wanted Belarus to qualify
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Because we all wanted Belarus to qualify
Well I did, anyway

TIME IS LIKE THUNDER HA HAAAAAAAA
26december
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I definitely wanted Belarus (they were in my top 10) to qualify over Romania!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hussnainz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For some reason, I want Cyprus to win. There's something about that song.

Posted from TSR Mobile
iama
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I like Belarus and Israel, personally. So many ballads this year
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Here is the running order for the Grand Final of the 60th Eurovision Song Contest:
  1. Slovenia
  2. France
  3. Israel
  4. Estonia
  5. United Kingdom
  6. Armenia
  7. Lithuania
  8. Serbia
  9. Norway
  10. Sweden
  11. Cyprus
  12. Australia
  13. Belgium
  14. Austria
  15. Greece
  16. Montenegro
  17. Germany
  18. Poland
  19. Latvia
  20. Romania
  21. Spain
  22. Hungary
  23. Georgia
  24. Azerbaijan
  25. Russia
  26. Albania
  27. Italy
hussnainz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sweden has a central position. UK is 4th. Seems ok.
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Last year I had no idea who was going to win, but I guessed it was Sanna vs Conchita. This year though.... dayum I'm clueless.

The running order indicated Sweden/Australia/Belgium are believed to do quite well. Putting Norway before Sweden might indicate Norway didn't do as well as people expected tonight? Russia and italy near the end for obvious reasons but closing with Italy does seem a bit strange....

Imo this is a Sweden vs Russia vs Australia fight. I have a feeling the UK likes Australia more than the rest of Europe, but if this feeling is wrong Australia have a good shot. This could be a very close final like in 2011... wonder how the bookies will react.
midnightice
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Australia in Eurovision?

What is this BTEC Geography nonsense?
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Here is the running order for the Grand Final of the 60th Eurovision Song Contest:
  1. Slovenia
  2. France
  3. Israel
  4. Estonia
  5. United Kingdom
  6. Armenia
  7. Lithuania
  8. Serbia
  9. Norway
  10. Sweden
  11. Cyprus
  12. Australia
  13. Belgium
  14. Austria
  15. Greece
  16. Montenegro
  17. Germany
  18. Poland
  19. Latvia
  20. Romania
  21. Spain
  22. Hungary
  23. Georgia
  24. Azerbaijan
  25. Russia
  26. Albania
  27. Italy
At least we get ours out the way quickly. Total pants.
talentedlobster
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well done to Russia/Italy on winning Eurovision 2015. Organisers profusely deny that the winner was decided by the running order. The Swedes are left wondering what on earth happened, having been at the top of the bookies list for weeks. UK achieves bottom of the scoreboard once again.
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by talentedlobster)
Well done to Russia/Italy on winning Eurovision 2015. Organisers profusely deny that the winner was decided by the running order. The Swedes are left wondering what on earth happened, having been at the top of the bookies list for weeks. UK achieves bottom of the scoreboard once again.
I think Italy is definitely too late in the running order to trouble the top 5 especially in a 27-song contest. Voter fatigue will have set in by that point (similar to the UK last year). I also think Russia is possibly too late in the running order to win as well. However I believe Sweden can definitely win from 10th, Austia won last year from 11th
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise