University of Essex 2015 Applicants Watch

kikess_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it seems like everyones at south courts for accommodation, anyone pick the houses? its the campus accommodation.But i put south courts as my second option so wouldnt mind that
19lou95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by elegantbubbles)
Has anybody applied for North Towers?
Hi I did and I am in Keynes tower?
JohnLarkin2011
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Marilyn Denice)
Hiya!
Anyone have any idea what the moving in dates are? x
I asssumed it was late September? Like 27th?
PG7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey is it correct that I can only apply for accommodations if Essex is my firm?
FionaMG
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PG7)
Hey is it correct that I can only apply for accommodations if Essex is my firm?
Yes, that's correct. Full details here: http://essex.ac.uk/accommodation/apply/default.aspx
PG7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by FionaMG)
Yes, that's correct. Full details here: http://essex.ac.uk/accommodation/apply/default.aspx
Thank you so much
elegantbubbles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 19lou95)
Hi I did and I am in Keynes tower?
I haven't been told which tower I'm going to be in yet and I applied about six weeks ago :/ How long did it take for them to offer you a place for accommodation? And do you have a conditional or unconditional offer?
JohnLarkin2011
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven't been told which tower I'm going to be in yet and I applied about six weeks ago :/ How long did it take for them to offer you a place for accommodation? And do you have a conditional or unconditional offer?
I think if you have applied then you wait till results day. Obviously, they cant guarantee you accommodation if you havent got a definite place on the course. Think it is mid to late August?
SassQueen13
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys! I'm a first year studying English Lit at Essex...feel free to ask me any questions about the course or uni in general
angelfox
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SassQueen13)
Hi guys! I'm a first year studying English Lit at Essex...feel free to ask me any questions about the course or uni in general
What accommodation are you staying in?
SassQueen13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by angelfox)
What accommodation are you staying in?
South Towers ^_^
kikess_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
whats Colchester as a town really like? like any shopping malls, how far are they from the actual uni?
angelfox
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How easy is it to make friends? I'm really shy and that's what I'm most nervous about.
kikess_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by angelfox)
How easy is it to make friends? I'm really shy and that's what I'm most nervous about.
Im more worried about having rubbish housemates than anything looool
JohnLarkin2011
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kikess_)
^ second that
Z4HL
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kikess_)
What would be your worst nightmare of a housemate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
19lou95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it only took them about 2 weeks for me, I'm sorry yours is taking so long :/ I have an unconditonal offer. maybe if you don't they won't tell you until August? I hope you get told soon!
lewif002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
27th Sept .
How long did it take for you to receive confirmation of Accomodation? I want to stay in one of the towers for sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile
elegantbubbles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 19lou95)
it only took them about 2 weeks for me, I'm sorry yours is taking so long :/ I have an unconditonal offer. maybe if you don't they won't tell you until August? I hope you get told soon!
Ahh that must be why then, I only have a conditional offer, I really hope I get put in North Towers
elegantbubbles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JohnLarkin2011)
I think if you have applied then you wait till results day. Obviously, they cant guarantee you accommodation if you havent got a definite place on the course. Think it is mid to late August?
Yeahh that makes sense now, I was just getting worried since quite a few people on here have already been confirmed accommodation, so they must all have unconditional offers...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads