any better?
Original post by TeeEm
any better?

Yes, much better.. thanks
Original post by TeeEm
any better?

TeeEm please help me out.

how does edexcel marking work?

For a Q, it said find the speed of (3i-4j).

What i did was found the correct speed (5m/s), but then went of a tangent and did some SUVAT equation to get another answer. Do they marks ONCE theyve seen the answer?

Please help in crying
Reply 305
Original post by Presque là
TeeEm please help me out.

how does edexcel marking work?

For a Q, it said find the speed of (3i-4j).

What i did was found the correct speed (5m/s), but then went of a tangent and did some SUVAT equation to get another answer. Do they marks ONCE theyve seen the answer?

Please help in crying

I will but after 22.00
I am teaching now

Are you trying to become the next Arsey?
Reply 308
Original post by MrBowcat
Are you trying to become the next Arsey?

do not insult me ...
how dare you ...
Reply 309
Didn't even know this thread existed, I've been living on my one :holmes:
If I put a dotted line instead of a solid line on the argand diagram would I loose a mark?
Original post by whatupchuck
If I put a dotted line instead of a solid line on the argand diagram would I loose a mark?

Yes. A dotted line implies the circle is not included, so you would lose the mark.
Original post by Alex:
Yes. A dotted line implies the circle is not included, so you would lose the mark.

Ok... I can't remember was that a two marker?
Reply 313
I integrated tanx instead of 1/tanx for Q3, does this mean I lose all the marks for that question? :frown:
Apologies if there have already been some preliminary boundaries put up somewhere but if anyone could hazard a guess at what ums 69/75 would be that would be great...
Apologies if there have already been some preliminary boundaries put up somewhere but if anyone could hazard a guess at what ums 69/75 would be that would be great...

Just below the A* i guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

It always scales halfway inbetween the 100 UMS and 80 UMS (A) boundary, and usually rounded up if it's a decimal. I'd say A is 64/75, so A* would be 69 or 70/75. So you'll probably get 88 ish, or exactly 90.

EDIT: Does anyone know if they penalise if you don't leave the answer in its simplest form (e.g. saying it's the 4th root of 64 instead of 2 root 2) or do they accept that as the 'or equivalent' mark? I didn't recognise that in the exam and my calculator gave 2.828 (should've knew this was 2x 1.414 which is root 2...)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 317
Original post by TeeEm
do not insult me ...
how dare you ...

I thought you were teaching?
please help
Reply 319
Original post by Presque là
I thought you were teaching?
please help

just finished