Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rid)
    It's fineeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok, well good luck with your other choices! What marks were you referring to which meant you got a rejection?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here doing IB? And if so, what are your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurofune)
    I'm sorry about that There are other universities that are also great though)))))))))

I also applied around mid-October-does UCL's portico say you're on Application Received?
    Yeah!

(Original post by Rid)
    Thanks guys
    It's okay, I expected it anyway!

Best of luck to the rest of y'all👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What were your marks if you don't mind me asking? Sorry, I'm just feeling self conscious about just getting the entry requirements!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maestori)
    No warning, just changed.

(Original post by Rid)
    Nope. As a result I'm checking both the portico and track about every 5 minutes😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, thanks for letting me know.

ReputationRep:
    Guys do you think that a degree in PPE is good for people who want to work in the economic field? (Eg investement banks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibac)
    Guys do you think that a degree in PPE is good for people who want to work in the economic field? (Eg investement banks)
    Definitely! It combines the necessity for a future banker - economics - with two closely related disciplines, which are always useful. As it's such a broad course, there's no surprise PPEist are respected and, you know - on demand At Oxford students have their economics lectures together with people from a regular economic course - or so I've been told.
    Moreover, you can always drop one subject and stick for example to politics and economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zuzannag)
    Is anyone here doing IB? And if so, what are your predicted grades?
    I did it, I got 42, what are your pgs?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! It combines the necessity for a future banker - economics - with two closely related disciplines, which are always useful. As it's such a broad course, there's no surprise PPEist are respected and, you know - on demand At Oxford students have their economics lectures together with people from a regular economic course - or so I've been told.
    Moreover, you can always drop one subject and stick for example to politics and economics.
    Do you think that I could enter with a degree in PPE, not just at Oxford, in Mckinsey/JpMorgan/MorganStanley....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xenia95)
    I did it, I got 42, what are your pgs?
    43, 777.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibac)
    Do you think that I could enter with a degree in PPE, not just at Oxford, in Mckinsey/JpMorgan/MorganStanley....?
    Well, I have no idea - I'm not even a student yet c: but with enough effort nothing is impossible, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have no idea - I'm not even a student yet c: but with enough effort nothing is impossible, I guess.
    what are u going to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibac)
    what are u going to apply for?
    I've already applied for PPE

ReputationRep:
    So has anyone received offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dprince)
    Yeah!

What were your marks if you don't mind me asking? Sorry, I'm just feeling self conscious about just getting the entry requirements!:rolleyes:
    Of course you can ask! It's slightly complicated though. So I do the Indian board and basically universities have different conversions for A*AA. On an average it's about 88%, including Oxford asks for that much. But UCL decided to ask us for a 95% and my predicted was only 91%. I figured they're setting the bar way too high because they're the only university in the world that asked us for so much, so I decided to take that risk and apply anyway. That's why I'm not really bummed about it because I always expected it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rid)
    Of course you can ask! It's slightly complicated though. So I do the Indian board and basically universities have different conversions for A*AA. On an average it's about 88%, including Oxford asks for that much. But UCL decided to ask us for a 95% and my predicted was only 91%. I figured they're setting the bar way too high because they're the only university in the world that asked us for so much, so I decided to take that risk and apply anyway. That's why I'm not really bummed about it because I always expected it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gosh! I should expect a rejection soon then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    Ok, well good luck with your other choices! What marks were you referring to which meant you got a rejection?
    I missed this, I explained it in another post! Thanks you too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dprince)
    Gosh! I should expect a rejection soon then!
    Don't be so pessimistic!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether they send out the first emails asking about which stream you want to do randomly choosing people, or based on the quality of their application?

I'm confused because I applied on the 21st of September and I haven't heard anything, so I doubt it's chronological. However, I do meet the entry requirements for both streams.

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rid)
    Don't be so pessimistic!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by inclop4.5)
    Does anyone know whether they send out the first emails asking about which stream you want to do randomly choosing people, or based on the quality of their application?

I'm confused because I applied on the 21st of September and I haven't heard anything, so I doubt it's chronological. However, I do meet the entry requirements for both streams.

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seems to be cyclical! I applied pre-Oxford too, haven't got an email. I'm only eligible for just the one stream though. Got a friend who's more than eligible for both and has heard nothing

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thanks! Calms my nerves a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.