Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yay just got my college allocation! I've been allocated St Chads for Biological Sciences which I'm really happy about (even though my preference was Hatfield, but I'm just excited to be on the Bailey!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanTaylor)
    I'm reading Chemistry (MChem) and have been allocated to my preferred choice, Chads!

I've not heard of anybody who has applied to another college and been reallocated to Chads. Could that be because it's already so over subscribed?

Also, has anyone set up a Facebook group yet for others allocated to Chads? I feel it would be great to get to know other people before we go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/934288263261771 I'm not in it but I saw that on the Durham firmers group!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh and this is the St. John's one is anyone is interested!😊 https://m.facebook.com/groups/361413...rid=1368235033

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francesca2602)
    Has anyone who's booked onto a residential open day been able to find out what time we'd have to arrive in Durham on the night we're staying there? I'm considering booking onto my co
    llege's (Van Mildert) residential open day but I live in the South East so I'd like to find out when I'd have to be there to sort out my transport arrangements.

Alternatively, if no one knows, is there a way of potentially finding out? Thanks!
    Ive booked for van mildert residential the guide said to get there between 12 and 5 so I booked a train in for 2:30. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmamorris55)
    Ive booked for van mildert residential the guide said to get there between 12 and 5 so I booked a train in for 2:30. Hope that helps
    Oooh awesome! What day are you going and what subject have you got an offer for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winter97)
    Are you going to the open day? I'm so excited, now we have been allocated our colleges!! Was St Cuthbert's your first choice?
    I recommend this thread for info on CUTH's
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2621156

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Castle and just found out I've been accepted! :bl:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh awesome! What day are you going and what subject have you got an offer for?
    The second one and Nat sci (maths and psychology) what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rust&stardust)
    Got St Chads, so happy!! Can't wait for the open day!
    Me too! I'm totally amazed I got in because it's so oversubscribed! What subject do you have an offer for? Which open day are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazar)
    I applied to Castle and just found out I've been accepted! :bl:
    I found out today I've been accepted by Castle as well what subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Can you book it without having to stay over in the college, and still be able to look round the college etc.

also if you can do this do you book the monday date in order to go to the talks on the tuesday?
    Yes, you can book to go to the dinner and stuff on the night you arrive and the department talks on the next day but not stay over night in the college. It is supposed to be better to stay in the college to get the full experience though. Did you want to stay in a hotel with your parents or something? Yes, the Monday date is for college activities on the Monday night and department talks on the Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siobhan_mcateer)
    I'll be flying from Ireland but my dad is looking to come to have a look around too, would it be possible for him to come with me (I'm flying over and back on the Tuesday so I won't be staying at the college)
    Yes, he can come with you! The colleges run tours for parents during the day and I think parents sometimes come to the department talks too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polar2)
    Are college allocations set in stone?
    I applied for Josephine Butler and got allocated Van Mildert. :/ After reading about it, it seems like a pretty cool college but I really don't want to be fully catered.
    Is there any way of asking to have my college changed or being self catered at Van Mildert? Cause it could be a bit of a deal breaker for me
    Not unless you have a medical reason for wanting self catered unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helenaf)
    Is anyone else with an unconditional offer still waiting for college allocation? I received my offer before the first of Feb...Starting to feel really anxious!
    Have you checked the booking form on the Durham website? If you log into that it should tell you your college.

ReputationRep:
    The second one and Nat sci (maths and psychology) what about you?
    I'm not sure which one yet but my subject is Politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire321)
    Have you checked the booking form on the Durham website? If you log into that it should tell you your college.
    Thanks I hadn't thought of that! It's okay now, I had a letter in the post today telling me I have a place at Castle

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure which one yet but my subject is Politics
    Ah okay. Are you thinking of firming durham?

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay. Are you thinking of firming durham?
    Definitely! And you?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! And you?
    Yep! Already done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire321)
    Yes, you can book to go to the dinner and stuff on the night you arrive and the department talks on the next day but not stay over night in the college. It is supposed to be better to stay in the college to get the full experience though. Did you want to stay in a hotel with your parents or something? Yes, the Monday date is for college activities on the Monday night and department talks on the Tuesday.
    Thanks, booked for the day

Nah we were just going to go up on the day!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.