Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC watch

ReputationRep:
    Slim has come up before in June 2013

ReputationRep:
    I read somewhere that Chapter 5 and 6 has not come up. Curleys Wife and Lennies death is the only thing that happens there.

Edit: I've seen a question from my teacher say describe what methods stb uses to show the reaction of diff characters on Curleys Wifes death.
    Maybe there could be one like that on Lennies death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjude)
    Does anyone have any good in-depth quotes for how Steinbeck represents Slim?
    "Prince of the ranch"
    "ageless"
    "majesty"
    "all talk stopped when he spoke"
    "word was taken on any subject whether it be politics or love"

Hope this helped!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turquoisecat)
    "Prince of the ranch"
    "ageless"
    "majesty"
    "all talk stopped when he spoke"
    "word was taken on any subject whether it be politics or love"

Hope this helped!!!

yup thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Slim has come up and not the direct ending. But nvm then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameiskeith)
    Anyone else got RS and this English lit exam on the same day? -.-
    Yup- I'm so annoyed that they put two heavy essay papers on the same day. They should have put RS on the same day as a science instead or something...

ReputationRep:
    I would LOVE Candy or Curley to come up,and hoping that they do as I don't think they have come up before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjude)
    I would LOVE Candy or Curley to come up,and hoping that they do as I don't think they have come up before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She was in June 2012

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixieSprinkle)
    Yup- I'm so annoyed that they put two heavy essay papers on the same day. They should have put RS on the same day as a science instead or something...
    Yeah it's ridiculous, my hand hurt so much after the other RS exam I had the other day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameiskeith)
    Yeah it's ridiculous, my hand hurt so much after the other RS exam I had the other day
    Oh my God yeah same here! My writing was almost illegible by the end of the exam- am panicking that the examiners won't be able to read some of it

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me on how to revise I have so many notes and have done loads of revision but I don't know how to break It down into crucial points? Any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0799NCB)
    Can anyone help me on how to revise I have so many notes and have done loads of revision but I don't know how to break It down into crucial points? Any help would be appreciated
    I'm having the exact same problem! Anyone have any tips??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LenniesRabbit)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My friend and I make up random exam-style questions, such as ow does the author use the setting in 'Anil' to reflect the key themes in the story? etc, and take it in turns to suggest a point you could make. I also look at past paper questions and make little mindmaps about how I could answer the question (like key quotes, ideas etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiyongtoki)
    in part a you should talk about the character or theme displayed in the passage you get, for example if its a passage from when Curley's wife is at the doorway, you would talk about her personally so her heavily made up face being a mask, her promiscuity, theme of loneliness if you can bring it in etc. and then in part b talk about how Steinbeck uses her to display how women in society were judged on their face, clothes and how this could be the reason behind her effort to attract attention and then talk about the whole novel from start to end, so you could include something about how even in death, she is called a '*****' and a 'tramp' and this displays men's attitudes to her, so in part b you can bring in more themes such as the minority group of women and their treatment from men and get quotes from when the workers discuss her.
    did this make sense? I hope it helped!
    Thanks a lot! Yes it did help. I always get confused with what to write in part a) and part b), but this confirmed what I need to do. I just hope that I can remember this under exam conditions, ahh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LenniesRabbit)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    YOUTUBE-----MR BRUFF AND DOMINIC SALLES they're great help and they both have many videos focusing on aqa OMAM and AIC....good luck

ReputationRep:
    Any good quotes + analysis on Gerald Croft in An Inspector Calls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixieSprinkle)
    Oh my God yeah same here! My writing was almost illegible by the end of the exam- am panicking that the examiners won't be able to read some of it
    How did you find it? I found it pretty tough not gonna lie, I was aiming for A* but I think I'll settle for an A now

ReputationRep:
    How do you answer the of mice and men question a in the section B part?
    my school is messed up and has not gone through the exam techniques so I have no idea how to answer it.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify... Who hasn't come up yet in OMAM

ReputationRep:
    How to structure.

1) 5 mins plan at the start-- pick out 5 points, quotes and small explanations.
    2) Use Point, Evidence, Explain, Link Method.-- P.E.E.L
    Point= answering the question with a basic point.
    Evidence= A quote from the text to back up your point.
    Explain= Explain how the quote shows you are right, build up on the quote, back up your evidence.
    Pick out key words, language features and tone in the quote and show how it may impact the reader.
    Link= ALWAYS link the text back to your question and ALWAYS explain why the author has used this quote and what he wanted to achieve.Always include context. (e.g 1930's America was an extremely racist period to have grew up in.)

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.