The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by purple-duck
Can't properly say about meds, I think I've heard similar possibly from people on here on some antidepressants? Though don't know about dosage/particular one. At the same time from what I know that also can be a symptom of depression :s-smilie: :dontknow:
I'd say speak to your GP next week, ask what they think?
and also - hey and welcome to the society! :smile: Hope that GP can fix something up :hugs:

That's good :smile: oh no that sucks :frown: so stupid and unfair of them :mad: Could you ask disability office or something? :s-smilie: :dontknow: Super well done on the results :eek: That's amazing!!! :woo: :smile:
Sorry about flashback :frown: Hope colouring is good - about if chatting would help. :hugs:

:woo: well done! :smile: Need to ask about DSA stuff still... have the form but haven't completed yet.

ooo :eek: Fresh water? Get neon tetra's :teeth: :biggrin: I remember seeing 'em when we considered getting some.

:dontknow: Don't listen to the trolls :nah: - they're trolls! Up to you if you do take some time off, I know it's something I sort of semi-wonder about? Or at least reducing internet time. But don't do it just for some dumbos on the internet :nah:

That's okay! :eek: Yeah I like Begin to Hope a lot too :woo: :redface:

Go for it :hugs: Completely get what you mean about face to face - and if you're still struggling then would be good if you could see someone! :smile: Not wasting their time - you're paying Uni fees, aren't you? They're there to help you when/if you're struggling :smile:

I really need to see someone just to talk to face-to-face, too - been having group therapy the past 2 terms, but then that's a whole group - which is good, but less time to just ramble/splurge a bit at someone :colondollar: but yeah - go for it :hugs: I know that my uni also has a wellbeing "drop-in" session thing, as part of the student support services - just basically a slot anyone can go to and talk to the "wellbeing advisor"/counsellor-y type person :redface:

:frown: :hugs:

---------------------------------------

So exhausted :sad: hate being ill :/ Also well-being drop-in wasn't on for some reason -I think they must have just updated the website late/only changed it last night. Annoying, though :/ but oh well.

Got a test for credit tomorrow, but done no revision yet and haven't a clue :frown: is only 5-10% of this module (which is 10% of the year), but still :s-smilie:

Bleh. Going to have an early night I think either way :colondollar:

Yeah just gonna do fresh water, iv been looking at the neon tetras :biggrin: found someone that has the same size tank that im getting has 6 of them, but gonna go to the fishey shop and see what they suggest!

Someones selling a tank for £25 that new is like £60 :O so going for it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I posted earlier about uni and stuff and I was upset about it I had a cry but now I'm going to make a positive about it, I can't change their minds about their decision and I want to go to uni so another year will be worth it I suppose. At least I didn't get fully rejected from ALL of my choices and I have a chance to go to back to it.

Hope everyone else is okay tonight :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
Blergh, I do not know myself :tongue: Thanks :hugs: Hope you start to feel better soon :yep:
!

:hugs: Thanks :smile: And thank you for helping last night, means lot :colondollar:

Also Pathway, I'm not ignoring you I promise! My PMs have gone all weird for some reason :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
Eeeek, I don't know. Might wait and see a bit longer (I've been saying this since August :ninja:). I had group therapy with camhs and I found it so useful when I was over the worst of my depression. Definitely helped me understand it a lot better.
Hope the test goes well!

Go email/apply to the thing online! :poke: :redface: :hugs:
Ah that's good :smile: Yeah I'm finding it helpful at the moment, mostly just having something I can go to every week is good, plus the other people there are good :smile:
Thanks! Done nothing for it, but oh well :s-smilie:

Original post by PandaWho
Yeah just gonna do fresh water, iv been looking at the neon tetras :biggrin: found someone that has the same size tank that im getting has 6 of them, but gonna go to the fishey shop and see what they suggest!

Awesome :biggrin: oh that's really good! :eek: Yays for fish :smile:

Original post by SweetNothing
I posted earlier about uni and stuff and I was upset about it I had a cry but now I'm going to make a positive about it, I can't change their minds about their decision and I want to go to uni so another year will be worth it I suppose. At least I didn't get fully rejected from ALL of my choices and I have a chance to go to back to it.

Hope everyone else is okay tonight :smile:

Exactly! Glad you're feeling more positive about things :smile: :hugs:

-----------------------------------------------

Going to go get some sleep now I think :s-smilie: eurgh, feel so low and out of it :/
Original post by furryface12
:hugs: Thanks :smile: And thank you for helping last night, means lot :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, anytime :smile:
Ah that's good :smile: Yeah I'm finding it helpful at the moment, mostly just having something I can go to every week is good, plus the other people there are good :smile:

Going to go get some sleep now I think :s-smilie: eurgh, feel so low and out of it :/

You have to go in and book an appointment :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: For some reason April/May is my brain's favourite time for a meltdown so if I'm still not feeling great before then I'll definitely go. The :poke: is awesome, could do with somebody following me and prodding me with a stick :colondollar:

Hope you manage sleep :yep: :hugs:

Thank you! :hugs: I hope you feel better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 306

Not rushing into getting the fish though, going to follow tips and have the tank set up for about a month before getting the fish so its perfect for them :smile:
Proper excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 307
Got to be a human tomorrow :s-smilie:

Food talk...

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay fish! Shame you weren't allowed a cat but fish are a nice alternative. Btw, try not to invest too much emotionally in them - my brother had fish when he was 15 and they kept dying then he'd be really upset and I had to remove the dead bodies. :mmm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 309
Original post by Sabertooth
Yay fish! Shame you weren't allowed a cat but fish are a nice alternative. Btw, try not to invest too much emotionally in them - my brother had fish when he was 15 and they kept dying then he'd be really upset and I had to remove the dead bodies. :mmm:

Id love a cat but apparently not :sadpanda:
Im gonna be a mess when 1 dies :tongue: still doing research on which ones are best, but i wont fully decide until we get to the shop and have a look round! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Id love a cat but apparently not :sadpanda:
Im gonna be a mess when 1 dies :tongue: still doing research on which ones are best, but i wont fully decide until we get to the shop and have a look round! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently fish die very easily :tongue: My brother read all the books etc (and wanted to be a marine biologist) yet even that didn't stop them dying. Although it was a tropical tank so a little harder to look after than fresh water.
why did I stay up till this time :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So sleepy and don't want to go on this course today :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't properly say about meds, I think I've heard similar possibly from people on here on some antidepressants? Though don't know about dosage/particular one. At the same time from what I know that also can be a symptom of depression :s-smilie: :dontknow:
I'd say speak to your GP next week, ask what they think?
and also - hey and welcome to the society! :smile: Hope that GP can fix something up :hugs:

That's good :smile: oh no that sucks :frown: so stupid and unfair of them :mad: Could you ask disability office or something? :s-smilie: :dontknow: Super well done on the results :eek: That's amazing!!! :woo: :smile:
Sorry about flashback :frown: Hope colouring is good - about if chatting would help. :hugs:

:woo: well done! :smile: Need to ask about DSA stuff still... have the form but haven't completed yet.

ooo :eek: Fresh water? Get neon tetra's :teeth: :biggrin: I remember seeing 'em when we considered getting some.

:dontknow: Don't listen to the trolls :nah: - they're trolls! Up to you if you do take some time off, I know it's something I sort of semi-wonder about? Or at least reducing internet time. But don't do it just for some dumbos on the internet :nah:

That's okay! :eek: Yeah I like Begin to Hope a lot too :woo: :redface:

Go for it :hugs: Completely get what you mean about face to face - and if you're still struggling then would be good if you could see someone! :smile: Not wasting their time - you're paying Uni fees, aren't you? They're there to help you when/if you're struggling :smile:

I really need to see someone just to talk to face-to-face, too - been having group therapy the past 2 terms, but then that's a whole group - which is good, but less time to just ramble/splurge a bit at someone :colondollar: but yeah - go for it :hugs: I know that my uni also has a wellbeing "drop-in" session thing, as part of the student support services - just basically a slot anyone can go to and talk to the "wellbeing advisor"/counsellor-y type person :redface:

:frown: :hugs:

---------------------------------------

So exhausted :sad: hate being ill :/ Also well-being drop-in wasn't on for some reason -I think they must have just updated the website late/only changed it last night. Annoying, though :/ but oh well.

Got a test for credit tomorrow, but done no revision yet and haven't a clue :frown: is only 5-10% of this module (which is 10% of the year), but still :s-smilie:

Bleh. Going to have an early night I think either way :colondollar:

Well not just the trolls but i'd rather lose the site as a whole rather than face triggering manipulative pricks every day

I hope you're alright man? Good luck with the tests :smile:
How many people do you all have on your ignore list? I've got 15 now 5 who just dislike me 10 trolls/Redpillers

On a plus note got some Lebanese with an old uni friend yesterday, turns out he is an ex TSR lurker? : O
Slept pretty well I think, feeling exhausted though. Planning on going into the city in a bit and picking up a few things. Thought I'd buy something nice for myself cause of results. Having annoying 'If I'd done X then I could have gotten a 2:1' thoughts which is silly and pointless. blah.
Original post by Anonymous
Slept pretty well I think, feeling exhausted though. Planning on going into the city in a bit and picking up a few things. Thought I'd buy something nice for myself cause of results. Having annoying 'If I'd done X then I could have gotten a 2:1' thoughts which is silly and pointless. blah.

Gah, that was me!
Reply 317
Original post by ScaryScience
Gah, that was me!

Treats sound like a really good plan hun :smile:
You honestly did really well, your ill remember, and IIRC you thought youd failed and you far from failed sweetie! Im proud of you and i know you can do this and graduate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel so alone on campus. I hate it. :frown:
Reply 319
TW abuse

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest