Gr8banterm9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by subject1)
Tell your teachers NOW. See if they have any spares, if they don't I think you can get away with having a print out of it, or just won't have access to it during the exam.
Lol I'm ****ed
subject1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gr8banterm9)
Lol I'm ****ed
In my school teachers just don't hand out the AIB. They just print off a spare one for us to annotate on. Common sense
beth09g
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bunny2014)
How would you answer this:

Discuss the issues that the physical and social geography of Kenya present for health care provision 12 marks

Teacher reckons this would be the 12 marker which would come up xxx
- most densely populated areas are around Kisumu, Mt Kenya and Nairobi. These areas are also the areas with the highest relief in the area. This could cause problems in the delivery of the health provision and health supplies. Vehicles can not travel up rough mountain terrain, narrow/steep pathways that do not allow vehicles to travel up. Most provision would have to be done by foot which could mean that it may take a very long time to get to the people who need it the most.

-the relief of the land surrounding Mombasa is under 200m (below sea level?) this area is also densely populated, they are more prone to flooding disasters as they live on the coast- flooding can prevent health provision getting to this area

-percipitation linked with the areas of high relief and therefore more densely populated. Rain may make the terrain muddy and slippery- harder for health care to reach these areas. Increased flooding in these areas due to urbanisation?

-poverty is most abundant in densely populated areas- there is increased demand for health care as the poorest people usually have the least level of health- hard to deal with high numbers of patients

Cant think of anyone else. Can anyone tell me if this seems right? and perhaps add to this? I think this is a very probable question too
bethabbott
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JulietR)
What sort of things could you put for how successful the riders programme has been? Got some positive arguments with statistics but not sure how I could balance this with some negative points
use the maps for item 1 where it shows where riders is located - they havent expanded very far so could say this shows it hasnt been as successful for the whole of kenya, hence why MDGs werent met?
Jonny Tizzer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lewispaulfrank)
I was just trying to think of a positive and thought maybe that they know the need to improve then talk about the ideas like getting students from abroad to come in?
Yeah its called the rolling expat program whjich is being done
katherinem2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think they could ask successes of the MDG's and Riders? I can't work out why they wouldn't... so yes very similar to advantages and disadvantages
(Original post by shannonmills97)
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has the GEOG4B paper yet and what your ideas on it are? I think advantages and disadvantages will come up of riders for health however I'm not sure. What is everyones predictions so far?
lewispaulfrank
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol I'm ****ed
Do your teachers not give you a clean copy in the exam? Thats what happens at my sixth form
JulietR
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bethabbott)
use the maps for item 1 where it shows where riders is located - they havent expanded very far so could say this shows it hasnt been as successful for the whole of kenya, hence why MDGs werent met?
Okay thanks! So I could say how it appears they are based close to the most populated areas so people who live very far away may still not receive adequate healthcare
lucy2311
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know any advantages and disadvantages of the rolling expat programme in item 3 and question 33 in the zig zag booklet? The only advantages I can think of is that it provides experience for students training medicine and it is cheaper than paying actual doctors (I don't know if this is actually true though? I might have made this up haha ). The only disadvantage I can think of is that this people are not fully trained so may not be as reliable.
coronatheatre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you they could ask the advantages of riders not just in Kenya but in Africa in general??
lewispaulfrank
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lucy2311)
Does anyone know any advantages and disadvantages of the rolling expat programme in item 3 and question 33 in the zig zag booklet? The only advantages I can think of is that it provides experience for students training medicine and it is cheaper than paying actual doctors (I don't know if this is actually true though? I might have made this up haha ). The only disadvantage I can think of is that this people are not fully trained so may not be as reliable.
The fact the people don't stay for long term possible means they don't understand people's circumstances
Gr8banterm9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lucy2311)
Allows greater area of Kenya to be covered by doctors, so the ratio of patients to doctor decreases in urban/rural areas
ab2468
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Okay help, I have been highlighting my AIB and then realised that it says on the front - "Must be kept unmarked" - What should I do?
You will probably be given a clean copy in the exam, thats what we have so that we can write on it when researching. Check with your teacher, i am sure they have spares if they aren't giving you a fresh one in the exam
Chipchase
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by coronatheatre)
Do you they could ask the advantages of riders not just in Kenya but in Africa in general??
I'd say a slim chance
beth09g
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know where I can get hold of this zigzag booklet? Or would someone be kind enough to take pictures of it and send it to me? I havent been given this booklet and It seems to be very helpful!
bethabbott
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JulietR)
Okay thanks! So I could say how it appears they are based close to the most populated areas so people who live very far away may still not receive adequate healthcare
yes and you could say that areas such as mombosa are coastal cities with higher population densitys but the poverty levels are quite high, so adequate healthcare is needed here as much as it is in the west. its just a thought though, could say that the healthcare would be more private in this area or just inadequate healthcare
Chipchase
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by beth09g)
Does anyone know where I can get hold of this zigzag booklet? Or would someone be kind enough to take pictures of it and send it to me? I havent been given this booklet and It seems to be very helpful!
just type 'geog4b zigzag booklet biz' in the google and i think its the one which says teachers introduction
Ultracrepidarian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by subject1)
Tell your teachers NOW. See if they have any spares, if they don't I think you can get away with having a print out of it, or just won't have access to it during the exam.
do you not get a spare one for yourself to annotate and a fresh unmarked copy for the exam.
beth09g
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chipchase)
just type 'geog4b zigzag booklet biz' in the google and i think its the one which says teachers introduction
Got it! Thank you so much
lucy2311
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know when the Kenya Vision 2030 was written/produced?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads