Don't vote Conservative ... We've came to far as human beings. Watch

Appeal to reason
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Real terms growth is
Wages aren't measured against inflation so labour's been talking crap about falling wages for years. Works both ways

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly.

If your wage grew 10% in a year, but inflation was 15%, your money wouldn't go as far as it did the previous year. Your wage would have "contracted".

Labour measures wages against inflation. Wages ARE rising, but when labour says they are falling, they mean they're not rising as fast as inflation, so despite having more money, its not going as far.
LivngForSummer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zippyRN)
because Labour spent all the money and sold the gold in the process of 'abolishing boom and bust'

because it is not clinically sustainable

if you'd go there under you own steam the minor injuries service / urgent care is more than adequate ...

but you had a job ... banning ZHCs will increase unemployment , agency / bank/ zhc is nothing new

as opposed to getting free extra cash before hand ...

an awful lot of the outrage over foodbanks is becasue people are getting supplies rather than free cash ( as the DWP is notoriously poor at actually getting crisis loans back)

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/rame...b_2007552.html
The_Mighty_Bush
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
investment baker
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Huffington is well known for it's utter bias...
Appeal to reason
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, the markets have confidence in our austerity plan and that's why PIMCO the worlds largest bond holder have been warning against buying UK debt.
PIMCO are warning against it in case labour get in power and undo the last 5 years.
megaman70
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by democracyforum)
Actually their aim is to create wealth, by preserving and enhancing the taxpayers and the rich.

The rich pay the most tax and fund most things in society.

People on minimum wage will pay no tax or so little tax that it contribute almost nothing to society.
Not only do they pay tax those on minimum wage provide labor which is necessary for the rich to profit!
The rich literally could not make any money at all without low paid workers so don't even think of suggesting that they contribute almost nothing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads