Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at the unofficial mark scheme and thinking got everything wrong.
    Looked at the thread title and saw it was the different exam board, PHEHWWWW

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions?

ReputationRep:
    It would be cool if you would add questions also, raw numbers don't really make much sense.

ReputationRep:
    for the root question i think i put (x+2) is the only root rather than x=-2, how many marks would i lose? i might have stated it at the end, i'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantsmariexx)
    I found the cylinder question quite challenging but the rest of the exam wasn't bad.
    yeah i agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    for the root question i think i put (x+2) is the only root rather than x=-2, how many marks would i lose? i might have stated it at the end, i'm not sure
    if it said state the root, (which I think it did) it means you lost one max

ReputationRep:
    For the area under a curve you got 108/5 for the first part then you had to subtract the area of the trapezium (54) from 108/5 which gave you 162/5.

ReputationRep:
    Personally i thought that the 2014 paper was wayyyy harder than this exam, the exam was still quite challenging though so hoping that the grade boundaries are low. if 62 was an A last year then maybe the same or slightly lower?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the write the new equation for the quadratic after its been transformed? It seems like the only one I got wrong based on peoples answers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kdizzle97)
    How many marks was the write the new equation for the quadratic after its been transformed? It seems like the only one I got wrong based on peoples answers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleTimz)
    Personally i thought that the 2014 paper was wayyyy harder than this exam, the exam was still quite challenging though so hoping that the grade boundaries are low. if 62 was an A last year then maybe the same or slightly lower?
    if you think last year's exam was harder than this year's, wouldn't the grade boundaries go higher this year?

for the record, i found this exam much harder than the june 2014 mock i did, yet i think i lost fewer marks in it

ReputationRep:
    Hate whoever came up with the cylinder question. Haven't looked at cylinders since gcses. It was definitely harder than the June 2013 paper and that had the lowest grade boundaries ive seen.

ReputationRep:
    3 I think
    (Original post by kdizzle97)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heffalump .)
    if it said state the root, (which I think it did) it means you lost one max
    okay, thank you
    i think i did put x=-2 at the end now that i look back tbh, all in all it went well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    okay, thank you
    i think i did put x=-2 at the end now that i look back tbh, all in all it went well
    yeah same, I think I lost 2 marks max... so I'm happy with how it went tbh)

ReputationRep:
    the exam was similar to the january 2011 one if not slightly harder and grade boundaries for an a was 56???

ReputationRep:
    Core 1 is the easiest paper but it's relatively unforgiving when you lose a couple marks as 100UMS us almost always 74/75 which sucks. Even teachers can make errors time to time. Core 2 is more forgiving and not too much harder.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys how many marks would you lose for keeping the minimum distance as root 49 instead of 7 if any. I believe the question was worth 2 marks.

ReputationRep:
    For drawing the graph x^2(x-3) I drew it passing through the origin then touching at three. How many marks will I have dropped out of the three?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1431522613377.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  504.7 KB
    This is what I got for the cylinder question
    (Poor quality as it's in pencil on the back of a wetherspoons breakfast menu)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 27, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.