Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    same goes to Candy ! how the **** am i supposed to write a 20 mark about him, someone help , what are the main things i can say 4 paragraphs

ReputationRep:
    What points could you make about mrs dubose and the setting of maycomb in an essay question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcticNeighbour)
    **** guys, the ****ing ****ty exam board have changed everything, the bloody *******s. Poetry has changed and the amount of ****ing focus that the *******s have put on the ****ing context means you basically miss a whole **** load of marks if you don't ****ing write about it. ****ing *******s means that **** **** *******s are making the whole ****ing exam about 300 ****ing times harder. ****
    How has poetry changed? And is this the thing about them putting a load of focus on the context? :LL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie2267)
    How has poetry changed? And is this the thing about them putting a load of focus on the context? :LL
    I don't know but I saw some ****ing comments on it and now they give you ****ing harder poems so you have ****tier poems to work on and a **** load of less to write about. Well **** me and **** literature.
    F U C K LITERATURE

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone actually doing Lord of the Flies?

What are you predictions about questions that may come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxterry)
    same goes to Candy ! how the **** am i supposed to write a 20 mark about him, someone help , what are the main things i can say 4 paragraphs
    I have no ****ing idea, I am completely ****ing stressing over ****ing Candy and his ****ing severed arm. God damn the old *******, it would've been easier if his whole ****ing body was mauled and he died! At least then we wouldn't have to write **** about the ****er

ReputationRep:
    I am doing the same 3 books (Of Mice and Men, An Inspector Calls and Heroes) with WJEC. I have my first exam tomorrow and I am worried I have not learnt enough OMAM quotes.

How many quotes for Of Mice and Men has everyone learnt?

ReputationRep:
    How does context in of mice and men relate to the character of curley anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georginah2)
    Has anyone done A Christmas Carol and know of any likely essay questions??
    I'm doing this too! Please help haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollahollaholla)
    What points could you make about mrs dubose and the setting of maycomb in an essay question??

Mrs Dubose:
    -how she is a symbol of bravery and she shows maycombs racism
    Her "strands of saliva" can be linked to the fact this is an ugly concept and leads to her physically disheveled appearance which also shows maycombs racism within this as this too is part of their disgusting nature. Her morphine addictions makes her in to the "vicious" women she is but by weaning her off it before her death makes Atticus believe she is the "bravest person I ever knew"

Maycomb:
    this can also be connected to Mrs dubose as her camellias show maycombs usual disease" of racism. This is due to the fact camellias are nice on the outside but have a horrible smell which shows a parallel to maycomb with its lovely exterior but they're racist inside.

Anything anyone else could add would be helpful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle_16)
    I am doing the same 3 books (Of Mice and Men, An Inspector Calls and Heroes) with WJEC. I have my first exam tomorrow and I am worried I have not learnt enough OMAM quotes.

How many quotes for Of Mice and Men has everyone learnt?
    I am ****ing ****ting myself for tomorrow's exam,. I have learnt no quotes, just vague mentionings and **** ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffscuit)
    Is anyone actually doing Lord of the Flies?

What are you predictions about questions that may come up?
    I'm doing it but I have no idea - I'm waiting until I get tomorrow out of the way to focus on it! I know Jack and Piggy have come up in the past three years as essay questions though

i don't get it whats happened to poetry?

ReputationRep:
    **** guys, the ****ing ****ty exam board have changed everything, the bloody *******s. Poetry has changed and the amount of ****ing focus that the *******s have put on the ****ing context means you basically miss a whole **** load of marks if you don't ****ing write about it. ****ing *******s means that **** **** *******s are making the whole ****ing exam about 300 ****ing times harder. ****
    what???? what has changed about poetry?

ReputationRep:
    can it be curley tomorrow for wjec exam ??? chances out of /100?

ReputationRep:
    this may sound really stupid, but can someone tell me like how the paper will be set out? like I'm studying Of Mice And Men, Blood Brothers & Lord Of The Flies - how do i know what books will come up in tomorrows exam? and like how many essay questions will there be? stuff like that & like whats the situation with the unseen poetry like what type of questions will they ask? I'm sorry to sound really stupid but I'm panicking

how has poetry changed?

ReputationRep:
    If Maycomb setting is one, there is so much you could say! The house as a symbol of somewhere Scout and Jem are taught by Atticus morales etc. The school where Scout is needing to be dressed as a "lady", and all the issues at school that come with it, Walter Cunningham etc. Then you've got the courthouse, my favorite quote of which is the one about "ancient Greek revival columns clashed with a 19th century clocktower housing a rusty and unreliable instrument" or something along those lines, you've also got the "all men are created equal" in court quote. Then you can talk contextually about how it is in the deep south and how it was very racist in the 30s etc and how the book was published in the 60s when there was a black power movement going on. If that question comes up then there is so much you can say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebeccaHollins)
    I'm doing this too! Please help haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Praying for a question on the Cratchit's or the Fezziwig's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxterry)
    Some that I have:

- He's pessimistic towards himself as he knows he doesn't have much use on the ranch & is in denial about a lot of things incl. his dog
    - He's influenced easily and is oppressed by the upper members of the hierarchy on the ranch
    - He also represents the theme of loneliness after his dog dies
    - He cares a lot about The American Dream to the point where he will defend it in front of a person he's normally fearful of (Curley's wife)
    - He wants to have control - "He was the master of the situation" - over something in his life as every other decision is decided by society and the members of the ranch (again about the scene with him, Curley's wife and Crooks)
    - He's selfish, though I don't have much to back this up with

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.