Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe-jessica)
    Took me a good few seconds to figure out what sim equations were, thought I was doomed because I hadn't learnt them :facepalm: Exams are muddling my brain.
    haha sorry im too lazy to type it out ive put a link explaining that in my message if you wanna take a look

(Original post by Super199)
    Jan 11. 7ii a/b

Do you mind helping me with this question. Thanks
    Doing it now, give me five mins

(Original post by Anemone4Life)
    haha sorry im too lazy to type it out ive put a link explaining that in my message if you wanna take a look
    I get what you mean about putting them into simultaneous equations, I was just sat here for a little bit thinking 'what are these mysterious sim equations'? My brain was in suvat mode and I started to panic there were a whole set of similar, 'sim' equations that we hadn't been taught :lol:

ReputationRep:
    In m1 is there ecf, like if on a three part question I get the time wrong for a particilar particle moving. And use that time for the last part of a question, do I loose all the marks in the last part of the question even though the method is all right, or will i just drop 1 or 2 marks?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Attachment 422605

ReputationRep:
    Umm
    (Original post by lauren_2)
    Would someone be able to help me with June 2013 7)iii) please?
    I undersand it all apart from why the friction between P and B now acts up the plane? I assumed it would act down as P is being moved up therefore it would oppose this motion?
    Sorry if this makes little sense, I found it very difficult to express what i mean!
    friction between p and b still moves in direction down plane but friction between b and plane is up plane as the block is wanting to move down the plane

(Original post by Super199)
    Jan 11. 7ii a/b

Do you mind helping me with this question. Thanks
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  491.2 KBAttachment 422655422659

Sorry the first one is sideways again. The top bit is me just working out part (i) to use in (ii). Hopefully it makes some sense to you, let me know if you need anything clarifying. Oh and the first diagram where it says part a, the R used there is the resultant (contact) not the reaction. Sorry if that's confusing, I'm just used to R for resultant
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakzey)
    the questions where theres a particle on top of a box on a surface for example and they are both moving at the same time. for example, June 2013 Q7.
    oh okay thank you! Are there any other past questions involving this?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  491.2 KBAttachment 422655422659

Sorry the first one is sideways again. The top bit is me just working out part (i) to use in (ii). Hopefully it makes some sense to you, let me know if you need anything clarifying. Oh and the first diagram where it says part a, the R used there is the resultant (contact) not the reaction. Sorry if that's confusing, I'm just used to R for resultant
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaG)
    Umm

friction between p and b still moves in direction down plane but friction between b and plane is up plane as the block is wanting to move down the plane
    whhops soz my mistake,I assumed friction between p and B is moving up to find SMALLEST value of M, I think when p is at rest p could want to move down the plane or something? It is such a weird qu got me puzzled

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone help us please?!
    I think 'tractive forces' might be referring to the particle on top of a block type question? Basically, if you think about it in this way, if you put your right hand on top of your left hand and pull right, which direction does your skin move? It should move right aswell. That's the same concept with a particle on a block because if it moves up (like in June 2013 Q) then the force equal to the friction on the block from the particle will also pull the block upwards, causing B to move up (although think it's in equilibrium specifically in this question because the friction between B and the plane is limiting.) Not sure if this was the question you were asking but hope it helps anyway .

ReputationRep:
    can someone please tell me how to work out the SVA equations involving t where you integrate and differentiate, i dont understand how you calculate t? please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cc262626)
    can someone please tell me how to work out the SVA equations involving t where you integrate and differentiate, i dont understand how you calculate t? please
    Find an example and I'll help.

ReputationRep:
    please can someone explain graphs to me? i will be so grateful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlfieH)
    Find an example and I'll help.
    june 2011, question 7 thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I'm pretty scared for this exam - this has always been the worst bit of maths for me!! There's just so much to consider and so many places to make silly errors and mistakes, does anyone else feel the same?? I'll be fine if it's a good paper - any last minute tips?? : )

ReputationRep:
    oh okay thank you! Are there any other past questions involving this?
    hi, sorry for the late reply, yes June 2010 q7(iii) i think

ReputationRep:
    This is probably the easiest maths module; as long as we don't get an awful paper like June14 we'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonnyjimisgod)
    In m1 is there ecf, like if on a three part question I get the time wrong for a particilar particle moving. And use that time for the last part of a question, do I loose all the marks in the last part of the question even though the method is all right, or will i just drop 1 or 2 marks?
    Yeah there is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cc262626)
    june 2011, question 7 thank you!!
    Here we go!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Help TSR.docx (183.4 KB, 81 views)

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.