Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was thinking methods used as the last time that came up was a while ago, maybe themes as that hasn't come up before as you said, hoping there might be a character one but probably unlikely as they've come up over the last couple of years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paigeloc)
    last year it was on characters and the ending of the book, themes hasn't come up before
    Themes came up in 2011 "Analysez le developpement de deux themes differents dans le livre que vous aves etudie. A votre avis leque est le plus important?

The only areas that haven't come up are messages and influences on the author.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher was saying a couple of weeks back that fracking has never come up in a french exam and it's quite topical atm so maybe familiarise yourself with some of the vocab on it. It came up in the spanish exam so it's possible... this video is quite useful, it is a news report but it's quite easy to understand and they don't speak too quickly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbwjOYQifUA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1997)
    Themes came up in 2011 "Analysez le developpement de deux themes differents dans le livre que vous aves etudie. A votre avis leque est le plus important?

oh okay i didnt see that cos its not on the AQA website, damn it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsfanatic123)
    Just realised that aha, i was thinking june 2013. Are you doing a book?
    I'm doing Le Petit Prince, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    oh okay i didnt see that cos its not on the AQA website, damn it!
    If i were to guess i would say themes/messages and techniques should come up for at least one question.

ReputationRep:

I would love those questions!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Le Petit Prince, what about you?
    Un sac de billes

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard about the theft of the AQA papers? apparently AQA have had to re-write some exams but I don't know which subjects...scares me a little cos our predictions could be way off now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toby912)
    Thanks so much!!, there are some things I did differently
    (1) I said ''voulait dire'' qu'il y avait..
    (2) fournissent ''une grande partie''
    (3) I said ''Au premiere d'abord''.. and used ''personne n'a voulé''
    (4) Dépuis les années récentes''.. and d'immigrés ''perims en France''..
    (5) I used ''les bienfaits sociaux''...
    (6) à l'inverse à la croyance,..
    (9) ''certains des gens fancaise mettent la faute sur...'' and ''pour l'augmentation au chomage et la criminalité''
    (10) End line I used ''est la seul facon d'avancer''...
    Also in all cases for to live I used vivre instead of habiter

If you can tell me if these are acceptable thanks a lot!!
    1) 1) that’s fine as far as I know voulait dire wouldbe accepted2) 2) fine too3) 3) Au premiere d’abord doesn’t actually make sense(sorry!) there are a few alternatives to ‘au début’ – you could say ‘d’abord/au départ’ but au début fits best in this context
    4) Depuis (without an accent on the e by the way)les années recentes would probably get accepted and ‘permis en France’ wouldalso be fine J5) 5) That’sfine6) 6) You could say ‘à l’inverse’ or ‘contrairement’ àla croyence but you’d need ‘générale’ following it in any case7)
    7) (which you’ve marked as 9 haha) in this form youwould have to say – Certains francais- the expression ‘french people’ in Englishis always translated to ‘les francais’ or I guess at a push ‘les personnesfrancaises’ but ‘mettent la faute sur’ is fine I think – for the next bit you’dneed to say ‘pour l’augmentation DU chomage et DE la criminalité8) 8) (you’ve put as 10) That’s fine There is quite a difference between vivre and habiter and imnot sure how lenient they are when marking but it’s maybe worth googling goodexplanations of the difference between the two incase they are marking itharshly !

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard about the theft of the AQA papers? apparently AQA have had to re-write some exams but I don't know which subjects...scares me a little cos our predictions could be way off now
    wait really?!

ReputationRep:
    wait really?!
    a list got leaked on twitter and french wasnt on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatBrownBac)
    hahahah i can imagine the panicked examiners

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatBrownBac)
    oh thank god! thanks haha

ReputationRep:

My teacher said influences is too much of a focus on author and AQA are trying to not do those questions as they want focus on the book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han24)
    My teacher said influences is too much of a focus on author and AQA are trying to not do those questions as they want focus on the book
    I though it would be what influences your main character

ReputationRep:
    I though it would be what influences your main character
    thats so hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han24)
    thats so hard!
    depends on the book, for un sac de billes i'd just talk about the war and the antisemitism, but I personally don't want that question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boods8897)
    Anyone else got another exam tomorrow? I've got French in the morning and Chem 5 in the afternoon - my two hardest exams! Gonna be fun....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg me too! I am dying to know which one to prioritize I did mostly Chem now on French..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bossun)
    Omg me too! I am dying to know which one to prioritize I did mostly Chem now on French..
    i'm yet to start french because theres so much chem 5...only started revising last night...good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.