Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyraelis)
    Has anyone gotten an offer from the Biology department? I know they select students by departments, and I haven't heard anything. Maybe the bio department waits a while? Anxious!
    I got an unconditional offer for molecular biology a couple weeks ago, but I'm an international applicant, and I know they tend to let international applicants know much sooner than UK applicants. Good luck though, I hope you hear from them soon!

ReputationRep:
    So...anyone recently received interviews for medicine? I haven't heard from St Andrews at all...

ReputationRep:
    I recieved one for international medicine foundation (cifp)

ReputationRep:
    I have received a taught master offer from St. Andrews.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any offers for psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woahjvck)
    Congrats!! What college did you apply to?
    College? I didn't think there were colleges at St Andrews? Sorry if I'm being a tad stupid but I'm confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SejongtheGreat)
    Yeah, I received an offer for psychology on the 15th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamhscarlett)
    Yeah, I received an offer for psychology on the 15th
    Congrats! How long did it take you to get a result?

ReputationRep:
    College? I didn't think there were colleges at St Andrews? Sorry if I'm being a tad stupid but I'm confused
    thought this was the durham thread!! keep getting notifications from both

ReputationRep:
    thought this was the durham thread!! keep getting notifications from both
    Technically St Andrews does have colleges, but not in the same way as Durham or Oxbridge. All undergrads are formally members of United College, and postgrads of St Leonard's College. There's also St Mary's College, which is the Faculty of Divinity.

Congrats on your offers!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! How long did it take you to get a result?
    I applied on the 7th of October so a solid couple of months waiting. :P Still, I was surprised because I thought they only started giving out offers after the January deadline. c:

ReputationRep:
    It's a conditional offer for AAA. I wasn't told much after the initial email and I'm a UK student too
    Ah brilliant thanks for this. Well done

ReputationRep:
    What courses do St Andrew's give unconditionals for? I didn't know that they gave them at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for International Relations and Russian. Anyone with anything in either department heard anything back?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classicslily)
    What courses do St Andrew's give unconditionals for? I didn't know that they gave them at all
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely they've already completed their A-levels. As by having the grades, they've met the conditions. I seriously doubt whether you'd see St Andrews dolling out unconditionals in any other circumstances. Are you hoping for one?

Hope that's cleared things up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flaubertshowbear)
    Most likely they've already completed their A-levels. As by having the grades, they've met the conditions. I seriously doubt whether you'd see St Andrews dolling out unconditionals in any other circumstances. Are you hoping for one?

Hope that's cleared things up
    I certainly wouldn't turn one down 😂 thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by classicslily)
    I certainly wouldn't turn one down 😂 thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scottish students can get unconditional offers based on their Highers

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer on December 15th

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Spanish, Russian and International Relations! Still waiting on an offer though...

ReputationRep:
    Good evening to all you potential St Andreans,

Please do not stress if you have not yet received an offer. Typically, St Andrews give out offers after the passing of the UCAS deadline. Last year I applied prior to the Oxbridge deadline and did not hear from St Andrews until the end of January. Even then, a few acquaintances of mine were waiting until mid-March before they received offers.

Because it is a small town and an exceptional university, there are a lot more qualified students than places hence departments read personal statements which is not a two minute job.

If you have any general questions feel free to ask - I'm a student ambassador so I can help or direct you to the relevant department or office.

Best of luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 21, 2017
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.