Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

I have applied to HKUST's business school (BBA Management) and the folks at HKUST sent me an interview request approximately 2 weeks ago. It has been exactly two weeks since I finished the kiratalent based interview and I haven't heard from HKUST. Is anyone in this situation?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mega.white)
    oh wow, then when r u going back to the uk?
    no la cuhk said they sometimes give offers really late, if u didnt get a 'no' from them, it means it means u may still be getting a 'yes'
    my u6 frd last year got hku mbbs offer in august after oday LOL (after midaugust)
    so no one knows what will happen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Leaving on the 29th dec. The air ticket will be very expensive if i leave on the 2/3 jan:/ I am kinda nervous for the interview because my cantonese isnt really that good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazymousty96)
    Leaving on the 29th dec. The air ticket will be very expensive if i leave on the 2/3 jan:/ I am kinda nervous for the interview because my cantonese isnt really that good.
    ohh wait r u a chinese?
    or r u a bbc british born chinese haha
    i think the interview will be entirely in english so its completely fine
    like my cuhk interview was in english

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesmallman)
    Thank you!!! I think I remember you too from the lse thread, what are you applying for??
    bsc management currently on the 6th week of the 8 weeks! Hope to see you on LSE campus in the near future!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanidhyaSoni)
    Hello everyone!

I have applied to HKUST's business school (BBA Management) and the folks at HKUST sent me an interview request approximately 2 weeks ago. It has been exactly two weeks since I finished the kiratalent based interview and I haven't heard from HKUST. Is anyone in this situation?

Thanks
    Chillllll man, I'm in the exact same situation as you and I think they only send out offers ON the 31st of December as it is stated in their official website.

ReputationRep:
    ohh wait r u a chinese?
    or r u a bbc british born chinese haha
    i think the interview will be entirely in english so its completely fine
    like my cuhk interview was in english

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully.Because we are suppose to be able to speak Cantonese base on their requirement. I speak Cantonese at home but i never really stayed in hong kong much before.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully.Because we are suppose to be able to speak Cantonese base on their requirement. I speak Cantonese at home but i never really stayed in hong kong much before.
    oic… i think as long as u can speak cantonese to other hk ppl eg daily conversations, u will be fine
    my chinese is awful too, and my eng is not even that good so im worse than u hahaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oic… i think as long as u can speak cantonese to other hk ppl eg daily conversations, u will be fine
    my chinese is awful too, and my eng is not even that good so im worse than u hahaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wonder what they will ask during the interview . I hope it will be those standard interview questions and not those behavior or practical based questions

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what they will ask during the interview . I hope it will be those standard interview questions and not those behavior or practical based questions
    i think it may be a mixture of both goodluck to both of us! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddymok123)
    bsc management currently on the 6th week of the 8 weeks! Hope to see you on LSE campus in the near future!!
    Good luck, hope you get a decision before christmas! (Offer of course )

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a reply/offer from either of CUHK, HKUST or HKU?

I have applied for

Government and Public Administration for CUHK
    Global Business at HKUST Business School
    Government and Law at HKU.

I have given interview for all three unis and still waiting for replies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjeongsub)

I have applied for

Conditional offer (condition: AAB) for CUHK IBBA with scholarship about a week ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjeongsub)

I have applied for

Here are your likely conditionals
    CUHK - AAB - offer will come in jan
    UST - A*A*A - offer will come in april
    HKU - A* A* A* - 95% needed at least in best 3 - anywhere between jan to april

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    The HKU degree does not help your career in Australia in this case so I don't see why you'd like to take a detour.

Whether Melbourne is Top 10 in law does not matter. In reality, no-one in the job market cares about subject league tables. Melbourne is prestigious on its own in Australia but most Australians told me university prestige does not matter in Australia. They said people don't care about which university you attended, but I had one architect telling me it would matter if it's Oxbridge, I also had university lecturer telling me a module he wrote was taken over by someone who read at a Group of Eight university (he didn't). But many people specifically said QUT against UQ does not have a disadvantage in the job market even though they are like 200 places apart.

I don't know the Australian market specifically to give good enough advice but I would think like in anywhere, connections would be the things that matter.

For what it's worth, this is an education profile I have of one of my friends at an Australian ibank:
    BSc Electrical engineering - University of Zagreb
    MSc Energy Technology - Nuclear Reactor Safety - same
    Then I think he did a two-year thing at UNSW in business, but it's not a degree.
    Is it worthwhile to do an LLB from CityU? I messed up my last year in school. I was a really competent student , even CUHK and UST sent me offers. I had a predicted of 2 A*s and 1 A. But I got A*AB. My only hope is CityU, is it worth giving a shot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fedorahat88)
    But I applied for fast track for all three unis and I dont do A levels. I do IB Diploma course. So Im not too sure how much those A level likely conditions would be in IB points. Thanks though

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer (condition: AAB) for CUHK IBBA with scholarship about a week ago.
    Oh congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    wtf is wrong with HKU???????? Its conditions are insane but its rankings and stuff aren't that good(At least not worth these grades)!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Is it worthwhile to do an LLB from CityU? I messed up my last year in school. I was a really competent student , even CUHK and UST sent me offers. I had a predicted of 2 A*s and 1 A. But I got A*AB. My only hope is CityU, is it worth giving a shot?
    I know a could of City LLBs doing BCL at Oxford, but I wouldn't know if the City LLB would be good enough without the Oxford BCL.

ReputationRep:
    wtf is wrong with HKU???????? Its conditions are insane but its rankings and stuff aren't that good(At least not worth these grades)!!!!!
    I know! But these are just predicted conditional offers so let's hope that it will be less than these.

ReputationRep:
    GUYS I GOT CUHK PHARMACY OFFER
    A*AA A* in chemistry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.