Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's just crazy when we call a guy unelectable because he wants to convince people of his point of view rather than try and get elected on the same principles as the Conservative party like Liz Kendall would have. Surely the best politicians should be able to persuade people to see their point of view rather than sell out and maintain a status quo which is personally unacceptable to them and quite apparently a not insignificant proportion of the electorate.

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn:

ReputationRep:
    I voted for him and I became a full member today.
    It's gonna be messy though, with people leaving the party but with the huge amount of people joining labour since he was elected, I think it'll go well.
    Unless he gets assassinated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyKoRn)
    I think it'll go well.

That deserves the Captain Edward Smith prize for unsinkability

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyKoRn)
    I voted for him and I became a full member today.
    It's gonna be messy though, with people leaving the party but with the huge amount of people joining labour since he was elected, I think it'll go well.
    Unless he gets assassinated.
    one thing i am certain is that this will either go horribly wrong or quiet well for labour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    one thing i am certain is that this will either go horribly wrong or quiet well for labour
    Yes, it will certainly either go very badly, somewhat badly, indifferently, quite well, or very well for labour.

ReputationRep:
    With so many Corbyn threads (i did'nt want to make yet another) i was'nt sure where to put the polling on him but i'll use this thread as the largest.

Polling is from Survation with regards to his win..

Jeremy Corbyn has just been elected as the new leader of the Labour Party. Of the two options below, who do you think would make the best Prime Minister?
    27% Jeremy Corbyn
    44% David Cameron
    29% DK

---

Do you agree or disagree with the following statements?

Jeremy Corbyn is fit to be Prime Minister
    24% Agree
    27% Neither agree nor disagree
    34% Disagree
    15% DK

Jeremy Corbyn will still be Labour leader at the time of the next general election
    33% Agree
    26% Neither agree nor disagree
    21% Disagree
    20% DK

---

Has the election of Jeremy Corbyn as Labour leader made you more or less likely to vote for Labour, or has it made no difference to your vote?
    18% More likely
    24% Less Likely
    57% Makes no difference

6% of Tory 2015 say Corbyn makes them more likely to vote Labour but...
    15% of Labour 2015 say Corbyn makes them less likely to vote Labour

For did not vote in 2015, 17% say Corbyn makes them more likely to vote Labour while 11% say less likely.

---

Which of the following statements is closest to your opinion?

39% "The election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party means Labour IS likely to be out of power for more than one future general election"
    22% "The election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party means Labour is NOT likely to be out of power for more than one future general election"
    39% Don't know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    With so many Corbyn threads (i did'nt want to make yet another) i was'nt sure where to put the polling on him but i'll use this thread as the largest.

Polling is from Survation with regards to his win..

Jeremy Corbyn has just been elected as the new leader of the Labour Party. Of the two options below, who do you think would make the best Prime Minister?
    27% Jeremy Corbyn
    44% David Cameron
    29% DK

---

Do you agree or disagree with the following statements?

Jeremy Corbyn is fit to be Prime Minister
    24% Agree
    27% Neither agree nor disagree
    34% Disagree
    15% DK

Jeremy Corbyn will still be Labour leader at the time of the next general election
    33% Agree
    26% Neither agree nor disagree
    21% Disagree
    20% DK

---

Has the election of Jeremy Corbyn as Labour leader made you more or less likely to vote for Labour, or has it made no difference to your vote?
    18% More likely
    24% Less Likely
    57% Makes no difference

6% of Tory 2015 say Corbyn makes them more likely to vote Labour but...
    15% of Labour 2015 say Corbyn makes them less likely to vote Labour

For did not vote in 2015, 17% say Corbyn makes them more likely to vote Labour while 11% say less likely.

---

Which of the following statements is closest to your opinion?

39% "The election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party means Labour IS likely to be out of power for more than one future general election"
    22% "The election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party means Labour is NOT likely to be out of power for more than one future general election"
    39% Don't know
    Not half as bad as I expected.
    The huge amount of 'don't knows' effectively makes this meaningless now though.
    It's all to play for.

ReputationRep:
    Can we take a moment to appreciate Corbyn's response to criticism for not appointing women to top posts by inventing a meaningless token title for Angela Eagle?

A new kind of politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Can we take a moment to appreciate Corbyn's response to criticism for not appointing women to top posts by inventing a meaningless token title for Angela Eagle?

A new kind of politics.
    Yes education, health and business are a doss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Yes education, health and business are a doss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol I'm not the one who thinks there's something wrong here. What's so funny about this is that the labour party has managed to have an in-fight on something they basically seem to agree on, when there's so much they don't agree on to fight about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Not half as bad as I expected.
    The huge amount of 'don't knows' effectively makes this meaningless now though.
    It's all to play for.
    There is nothing to play for.

Labours will remain in opposition, talking meaningless BS to the voters, tearing itself apart, until Corbyn is removed (whenever that is).

He will never become Prime Minister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate hottie)
    There is nothing to play for.

Labours will remain in opposition, talking meaningless BS to the voters, tearing itself apart, until Corbyn is removed (whenever that is).

He will never become Prime Minister.
    Cool.

ReputationRep:

A new kind of politics.
    If you look at the past holders of the office of First Secretary of State, I think it is clear that her ego is inadequate for the role.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Secretary_of_State

A First Secretary of State has to have vanity of an order of magnitude greater than that of ordinary politicians and a shadow First Secretary of State has to be ready fully preened and with a suitably inflated sense of their own importance to be equipped to assume the demanding obligations of the office at the drop of an appropriately ostentatious hat.

My view is that she simply doesn't cut the mustard.

Joan Collins is a Tory and Millie Cyrus is an American but Naomi, Baroness Campbell of Streatham would have been a thought.

ReputationRep:

A new kind of politics.
    This is pathetic. Women have a cabinet majority. First Secretary of State is a pre-established title that Eagle doesn't even deserve, previous holders have been Prescott, Hague and Heseltine.

McDonell had to be chancellor because he's hard-left Corbynomics.

Benn had to be Foreign Secretary because he's hawkish and it will balance out Corbyn's awful foreign policy views to some happy medium.

Burnham had to be Home Secretary because he's the only person who ran for leadership last time that didn't swear to walk out if Jez won. Not because he likes Jez, but because he's a slimy opportunistic wretch.

Posted from the TSR app - no updates since 2013!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Cool.
    I think it is!

Do you know what is ironic though? If he ever (thanks to some unimaginable disaster) got into Downing Street no-one would be more disappointed in what then happened than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate hottie)
    I think it is!

Do you know what is ironic though? If he ever (thanks to some unimaginable disaster) got into Downing Street no-one would be more disappointed in what then happened than you.
    Nah. If he got into Downing Street Every country in the war would at once declare war on us and we'd all die so I wouldn't have time to be disappointed.

Remember, he's a threat to national security, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    the medias managed to put me off corbyn, eveytime i see his face now i just think that he's the type of guy thats going to legalise incest. i think I'm going to stop reading the dailymail for a few days.

ReputationRep:
    Just been glancing through the Mail headlines. Reading their stuff about Corbyn, it would be easy to imagine they really care about the future success of the Labour Party and are only concerned because they care so much. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Just been glancing through the Mail headlines. Reading their stuff about Corbyn, it would be easy to imagine they really care about the future success of the Labour Party and are only concerned because they care so much. :lol:
    In a sense they do because all this strengthens Cameron and Osborne's grip on the Conservative Party and a lot of their columnists would prefer the party led by Fox or Patterson.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.