Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

German Hunter pays £39,000 to kill largest elephant in living memory watch

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's the thrill of the hunt gents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Bull****. They'd die anyway even if THEY were not to eat meat. Completely different to actively killing something yourself.
    it was the suffering of the animal he was referring to I think...actually dying is the easy part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.SMART)
    Beautiful creatures. What these people get out of killing them I have no idea. Nobody is impressed.
    I'm impressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    The pretentious nature of your posts are annoying. You don't see me moaning about that. Keep your personal comments to yourself in future please. It is not nice being called annoying.
    Irony alert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    That's also based on an arbitrary ethical stand point. You place environmental concerns on a macro level over individual well being of the animals human's rear.
    Of course. It seems illogical to me to place the life of a few cows above that of the entire planet, but I accept that is pureley my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    And yet people like him have conserved a million and more animals than you ever will...ironic isn't it?

By eating meat you're probably doing more harm to elephants, and African wildlife on the whole, than he ever will. Africa is the continent predicted to see the highest increase in temperature under climate change. Meat, especially sheep and cows, contribute a huge amount of emissions.
    The guy likes killing for fun and I would bet my life that he also eats meat (probably a lot more than I do). I'm not sure why you're defending him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Leftism is not an ideology of rationality - it is an ideology of emotions. Ultimately, every leftist, when refuted by scientific rationalism, will fall back on "But, I believe in equality."
    Leftism is rational because evidence clearly shows a link between wealth equality and happiness across all income brackets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    The rich tend to be split, as others are, between the more liberal and the more reactionary. I tend to notice liberal rich people more maybe (or take more interest in what they have to say) and I agree that there are loads of 'don't give a damn' rich out there. Also liberal rich people can be quite tied to over consumption and dirty consumption and justify it to themselves. I think that's kind of the case with most of us who live in developed countries as well, in relation to the poor, the developing world and the environment.

I was just trying not to be too, too depressed about it. People tend to flake out on the environment issue because they feel despair. It's important to notice where there is progress, good attention on the issue, or a desire to change.
    You say that but 99% of right wing MPs don't support any sort of environmental cause beyond nimbyism, which doesn't count and if anything is counter environmental.

People flake out on the environment because it goes against the prevailing economic theory let's be honest here.

ReputationRep:
    People with different views are seen as annoying, unprofessional and show disregard for scientific practice because their own views don't line up with yours. Interesting...
    No it's just promatologists are well known for that among the scientific community? They believe their study species to be above all others, even changing the definitions of words to suit their purposes and proove their point.

In short, monkeys suck.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of fakes meats. I encourage you to try veggie chicken and veggie mutton. My friends who are meat eaters have told me it tastes just like real meat, and there is the benefit of not having the animal cruelty to worry about. next time you are out and about try go to a vegetarian/chinese restaurant and see if you can find something with tofu and see what you think of it
    Don't perpetrate this myth!!!

They don't even come close folks. If you're going to be veggie/vegan stick to vegetables. Fake veggie meat is in the main gross. Except Linda,McCartney sausages <3

Tofus good if cooked right. Totally gross if done wrong.

ReputationRep:

They don't even come close folks. If you're going to be veggie/vegan stick to vegetables. Fake veggie meat is in the main gross. Except Linda,McCartney sausages <3

what do you reckon about this

http://impossiblefoods.com/

Also, when raw, these burgers bleed just like real meat

ReputationRep:
    Irony alert.
    ^.^

ReputationRep:

I'm still a carnivore unfortunately, the only way I seem to be able to cut own on my meat intake is to replace it with quorn in meals where sauce provides the taste, like curry. I'm having to con myself.

You say that but 99% of right wing MPs don't support any sort of environmental cause beyond nimbyism, which doesn't count and if anything is counter environmental.

People flake out on the environment because it goes against the prevailing economic theory let's be honest here.
    Which all the self styled moderate sensible labourites support! That's part and parcel of being a centrist, they support prevailing orthodoxies. God give me strength...

ReputationRep:
    So what this is just natural selection. If you can't adapt to the new environment you won't survive to reproduce

ReputationRep:

I agree that's the motive of the organised forces who mobilise for corporate profits against our wellbeing and our future good life on Earth and the Tory Party are part of that reactionary hate/greed movement. However, that doesn't mean that at a local level, the reason why people don't mobilise against such obviously disgusting and inhuman policies is to do with greed. Often it's simply misinformation from the above, confusion, despondency and feelings that nothing can be done. That's what I'm talking about. I'm not ignoring the big forces, but the ordinary pressures matter a great deal too.

Cameron can only ignore the environment and roll back the climate change agenda because propagandists for the corporations have been pouring out lies in the mass media about it for decades. We also need to take control of the mass media and put an end to the power of offshore oligarchs controlling the national thought processes.

ReputationRep:
    Cry me a ****ing river seriously.

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't make sense. How can a vegan be a militant? You class me as a militant because I am vocal about animal rights. If anyone is a militant here it's you animal abusers, killers and eaters. Vegans are by their very nature anti-militant, because they don't like to see harm come to animals. It is because they care about animal so much that they choose not to eat them or wear any animal products. That's more than can be said about meat-eaters who participate in an industry that murders and tortures animals just so people like you can eat them. Did you know that an estimated 59 billion animals are killed every year so people like you and others on this thread can eat them and use their products? If that isn't being a militancy on epic proportions I don't know what is. Just to put that into context. That is over 160million animals a day that are killed so you can have your beef burgers, chicken wingers, drink your milk, eat your cheese.

I argue that since you are actively engaged in such a dreadful industry, it is you and most of society that are the militants, not me.

Look in the mirror and think about about what you are doing to the planet and other sentient beings. Killing animals is wrong.
    Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian
    :facepalm: No he wasn't. Read this:

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/hitler.html

He was a meat-eater. Guess that makes all meat-eaters genocidal maniacs by your logic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    what do you reckon about this

http://impossiblefoods.com/

Also, when raw, these burgers bleed just like real meat
    I'd have to taste it before I passed judgement! Looks good though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I'm still a carnivore unfortunately, the only way I seem to be able to cut own on my meat intake is to replace it with quorn in meals where sauce provides the taste, like curry. I'm having to con myself.

Which all the self styled moderate sensible labourites support! That's part and parcel of being a centrist, they support prevailing orthodoxies. God give me strength...

I can give you some good veggie recipes if you like! My veggie lasagna is amazing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.