Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone doing for Easter?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    What's everyone doing for Easter?
    Don't think I can make it to church at all for Holy Week :cry: So will probably barricade myself indoors on Easter Sunday and just watch the Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Don't think I can make it to church at all for Holy Week :cry: So will probably barricade myself indoors on Easter Sunday and just watch the Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let's place bets on who is going to win :jebus::nooo:

ReputationRep:
    Irony.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    DARK BLUES FTW :hmmm: :ahee: :yeah:

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    Irony.
    No bets allowed :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    The other place will lose

ReputationRep:
    DARK BLUES FTW :hmmm: :ahee: :yeah:

:ninja:
    The Lord will not be happy about this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    Irony.
    What will you be doing this Easter?fellow believer of Christ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    TeeEm ???
    I wish!
    One of his year 13 students.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I go to church. I was even able to find a christian tutor. I'm telling everyone how great the help is I'm getting. You should check out tutoring too. I was sad about studying before, now i understand lots and i know its cos Jesus helped me find my tutor. anyway, I love Jesus. I've never known anyone like Him. Might sound strange, but it's true. I've found it's better to talk to Him (God) about things and stuff. That way, when I go to church, i can see that the lessons I'm learning are not just from a boring book. The Bible is exciting for me. it's powerful too.

ReputationRep:
    Another opportunity tomorrow to go to church tomorrow.

St Lukes in Kentish Town - http://www.slkt.org.uk/join-in/students/

If you live near why not visit.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys have planned for Easter? Any special services at your church?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My parish, as with many other Catholic parishes in the area, has a lot of services during Holy Week. I haven't been to a Holy Week service for years (not even Easter Sunday), due to the illness associated with churches and this time of year

I've been lots better this year during Lent though, so I might try and go to one service and see how things go. I want to go to Good Friday but have been told that's the one service I shouldn't go to. So not too sure what to do

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I will be at the good Friday service at 7 pm. At our church we have a cooked breakfast on Easter Sunday morning( 8.30) followed by the Easter Sunday service (10am). The whole family will be together for a Sunday lunch

ReputationRep:
    My parish, as with many other Catholic parishes in the area, has a lot of services during Holy Week. I haven't been to a Holy Week service for years (not even Easter Sunday), due to the illness associated with churches and this time of year

I've been lots better this year during Lent though, so I might try and go to one service and see how things go. I want to go to Good Friday but have been told that's the one service I shouldn't go to. So not too sure what to do

How about you?
    Ah I'm sorry to hear that :sad: I hope you're able to attend god willing.

TBH,it's been ages since I've been to church regularly. The user 'racoon' has suggested many great churches within the area so I want to visit those this Easter and see what's on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammylou40)
    I will be at the good Friday service at 7 pm. At our church we have a cooked breakfast on Easter Sunday morning( 8.30) followed by the Easter Sunday service (10am). The whole family will be together for a Sunday lunch
    Great family spirit and a cooked breakfast? Lucky you! Do the church goers bring in food?

ReputationRep:
    As a child, I spent the majority of my life in the convent chapel. And after they took my childhood away with their across the board abuse, I would never set foot in a church again. Each to their own, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    As a child, I spent the majority of my life in the convent chapel. And after they took my childhood away with their across the board abuse, I would never set foot in a church again. Each to their own, though.
    Omg I'm sorry to hear about your awful experience.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    Sorry to hear of what you went through Understandable that you would not want to set foot in a church again

Ah I'm sorry to hear that :sad: I hope you're able to attend god willing.

TBH,it's been ages since I've been to church regularly. The user 'racoon' has suggested many great churches within the area so I want to visit those this Easter and see what's on?
    Thanks :hugs: Sounds like a plan about seeing what's on in your local area. Hope you find a nice church to go to

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.