The Student Room Group

The Grime Society I

Scroll to see replies

AJ Tracey >>>>

[video="youtube;Mv-zoMxXy1s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv-zoMxXy1s[/video]
Think I'm starting to lose interest in grime, it's a young persons genre.

Only a few MCs have actual substance in their lyrics, the rest just have gimmicks.
Original post by zKlown
Think I'm starting to lose interest in grime, it's a young persons genre.

Only a few MCs have actual substance in their lyrics, the rest just have gimmicks.

Exactly, it's too juvenile. Surprised it's taken you so long though, you seem about my age (20s).

I got sick of all the 'I'll do this, I'll do that, look at me then look at you' rubbish a long time ago. Most of it is very badly produced as well.

Most Grime records are like secondary school blazing matches over beats that sound like you're hitting a saucepan with a wooden spoon.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Exactly, it's too juvenile. Surprised it's taken you so long though, you seem about my age (20s).

I got sick of all the 'I'll do this, I'll do that, look at me then look at you' rubbish a long time ago. Most of it is very badly produced as well.

Most Grime records are like secondary school blazing matches over beats that sound like you're hitting a saucepan with a wooden spoon.

Nah I haven't followed it properly for about 2 years now, I'm 24

I do still like some of the stuff, I will always like Dizzee, Wiley and Dot Rotten. They are heads and shoulders above everyone else.
Reply 304
Thoughts on Konnichiwa?

Not a fan on the Pharrell tune but the rest is pretty hard.
Ahh, the grime society.
Aka, kids from Surrey who's parents own a 5 bedroom house and think they're "road"
Reply 306
Original post by Shannon.SS
Ahh, the grime society.
Aka, kids from Surrey who's parents own a 5 bedroom house and think they're "road"

4 bedroom house in east & always keen for a sports direct bargain thx
Original post by shannon.ss
ahh, the grime society.
Aka, kids from surrey who's parents own a 5 bedroom house and think they're "road"

2 bedroom flat in South London don't hate

but yeah your comment is the way Grime has headed
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rugrets
Thoughts on Konnichiwa?

Not a fan on the Pharrell tune but the rest is pretty hard.

It's a solid album tbh

Loving Corn on the Curb
Ahh, the grime society.

I'm 24, my parents are divorced and I live in rented accomadation.

However I understand the demographic your shots are fired at.

Top 3 producers of all time: Maniac, Nocturnal, Dot Rotten.

Lowkey >>> any grime artist

Thoughts @Wilfred Little
Reply 310
Original post by Castro Saint
It's a solid album tbh

Loving Corn on the Curb

crime riddim and konnichiwa are my favs
Original post by zKlown
Top 3 producers of all time: Maniac

ye

Nocturnal, Dot Rotten.

Dizzee + Rapid. Better representation of the sound as well. I don't think people give Dizzee enough credit for pretty much self producing his debut at the age of 16/17 and then the majority of Showtime. Dot Rotten is too hit & miss for me and has made too much Hip-Hop.

I'd put Skepta before those two as well. And Terror Danjah.

Lowkey >>> any grime artist

Thoughts @Wilfred Little

no, if we're not being pedantic about Slick Rick & MF Doom then Dizzee is the best Hip-Hop or Grime artist ever from this country.

Ahh, the grime society.

It sounds like you are the one from Surrey and you only know these types of Grime fans.
ye

Dizzee + Rapid. Better representation of the sound as well. I don't think people give Dizzee enough credit for pretty much self producing his debut at the age of 16/17 and then the majority of Showtime. Dot Rotten is too hit & miss for me and has made too much Hip-Hop.

I'd put Skepta before those two as well. And Terror Danjah.

no, if we're not being pedantic about Slick Rick & MF Doom then Dizzee is the best Hip-Hop or Grime artist ever from this country.

It sounds like you are the one from Surrey and you only know these types of Grime fans.

Boy in the Corner is a grime album I will happily recommend a non-grime follower to listen to.

That and Home Sweet Home I think.
Original post by zKlown
Boy in the Corner is a grime album I will happily recommend a non-grime follower to listen to.

That and Home Sweet Home I think.

yeh I get asked a lot about Grime as most of the music my friends listen to isn't Grime so they ask me for recs and that. BIDC is the one that genuinely stands up to great albums of any genre, they all love it and are surprised how good it is. They like JME a lot as well lol.

What did you make of Kano's new album? I still need to peep that. I loved This Is England, track is ****ing hard.
yeh I get asked a lot about Grime as most of the music my friends listen to isn't Grime so they ask me for recs and that. BIDC is the one that genuinely stands up to great albums of any genre, they all love it and are surprised how good it is. They like JME a lot as well lol.

What did you make of Kano's new album? I still need to peep that. I loved This Is England, track is ****ing hard.

I have it but still haven't listened lol.

Yeah most people I know top 3 are Jme, Skepta and Stormzy.

Same people who call it "the shut up instrumental"
Konnichiwa is good, not 10/10 but still some fire tunes.
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;LtzVqtGCq0Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtzVqtGCq0Q[/video]
I don't know how to feel about this 😂😂

[video="youtube;MsiCguejeMM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsiCguejeMM[/video]
[video="youtube;iX19M3cO0ZY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX19M3cO0ZY[/video]
Original post by Castro Saint
[video="youtube;iX19M3cO0ZY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX19M3cO0ZY[/video]

Him and AJ are the best right now.

Quick Reply

Latest