Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

*MEGATHREAD* Interview discussion thread '15-'16 watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Have you received any interview invitations yet + where?
    University of Bristol
    16.28%
    Cardiff University
    22.09%
    University of Southampton
    8.14%
    University of Nottingham
    18.60%
    University of Birmingham
    34.88%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Medic Portal)
    Hi there,

As far as we know, the largest difference occurs for undergraduate, and graduate entry applicants. Often universities go through one set (either undergrad OR grad entry) of applicants first, then process the second one afterwards.

If you are an undergraduate applicant, many other undergrad applicants will be in their final year of school, so lots of students will be 17 still.

We'd recommend you try giving the admissions offices of the medical schools you applied to a call, to double check.

We hope this helps, and good luck!

The Medic Portal
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant ! Table is sooooo helpful ! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Kings interview Now need to think about what the MMI will be like

ReputationRep:
    GUYS, has anyone applied to both Oxford and King's and just got a King's interview?
    I'm freaking out bc I don't know what to do?!?!

King's want a response in one week, even though the interview reply deadline is 8/12/15???
    But do you think they will reschedule for a possible Oxford interview?? Will it lower my chances? King's is an absolute dream and I'd love to go, but I don't want to risk Oxford?? :/ (after the BMAT an interview seems highly unlikely, but still)

Oxford give out dates on 2nd/ 3rd Dec for either 13-14th Dec or 14-15th, and you can't reschedule theirs.

But my King's interview is 15th Dec morning? And I really don't want it rescheduled for mock time, or like March or something. Or even worse, NOT RESCHEDULED AT ALL, which is possible apparently?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by genevievelaw)
    The idea is terrifying. I wish it was panel :angelblush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by genevievelaw)
    Did you get a King's interview?! Oh no It has begun!

ReputationRep:
    BMAT results are not out til the 25th I think. So don't expect anything from Oxford. Don't stress yourself out about that. Go for that first one, like how they test first come, first serve basis. Then wait till u hear from
    Oxford.
    (Original post by Beenieeee)
    GUYS, has anyone applied to both Oxford and King's and just got a King's interview?
    I'm freaking out bc I don't know what to do?!?!

King's want a response in one week, even though the interview reply deadline is 8/12/15???
    But do you think they will reschedule for a possible Oxford interview?? Will it lower my chances? King's is an absolute dream and I'd love to go, but I don't want to risk Oxford?? :/ (after the BMAT an interview seems highly unlikely, but still)

Oxford give out dates on 2nd/ 3rd Dec for either 13-14th Dec or 14-15th, and you can't reschedule theirs.

But my King's interview is 15th Dec morning? And I really don't want it rescheduled for mock time, or like March or something. Or even worse, NOT RESCHEDULED AT ALL, which is possible apparently?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beenieeee)
    The idea is terrifying. I wish it was panel :angelblush:
    Yeah I really don't know what to expect oh well more practice and hopefully we'll be ok

ReputationRep:
    King's whoop. Only problem is that all my interviews are in December :/
    Birmingham- 2nd of December
    King's- 14th of December
    Nottingham- 18th of December
    (and if I get Oxford it will be between 13-15th of December)

That seems like too many interviews in such a short space of time, what should I do? :/

ReputationRep:
    Hello TMP!
    If you could update HYMS, because they have started sending out invitations today... Thank you!
    (Original post by Anni_)
    Do you know whether it will take longer for under 18s to hear about interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    King's- 14th of December

That seems like too many interviews in such a short space of time, what should I do? :/
    So many interviews well done!! :goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    So many interviews well done!! :goodluck:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    King's- 14th of December

Wow well done! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffeelover345)
    Wow well done! Good luck!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview form King's College London on the 15th of December (My 18th Birthday haha)! So happy, it's my first interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kdizzle97)
    Just got an interview form King's College London on the 15th of December (My 18th Birthday haha)! So happy, it's my first interview
    !!!! Whooooop, well done

ReputationRep:
    !!!! Whooooop, well done
    Thank you!! Congratulations for your interviews!! Decembers going to be really busy for you. Fingers crossed for Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kdizzle97)
    Thank you!! Congratulations for your interviews!! Decembers going to be really busy for you. Fingers crossed for Oxford
    Thanks dude yeah, December is going to be insaneeeee XD Literally praying for Oxford right now, please please please :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dude yeah, December is going to be insaneeeee XD Literally praying for Oxford right now, please please please :lol:
    you'll get it, if you don't, who else will?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I have two simple interview questions regarding empathy.

Firstly, how important is empathy in doctor-patient interaction?

Secondly, how should empathy best acquired?

Thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.