Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaf)
    Yep Durham is my top choice. R u applying for Eng lit too?
    I am! When did you hear back and which college? Sorry, I've just not seen many offer holders for this subject and I'm excited and curious. Also, what are your stats? I don't know if I'm decided between Warwick or Durham even if Durham does make me an offer.

ReputationRep:
    I heard back on the 8th Jan (applied 12th Oct). I chose St Mary's college but still waiting to see where I'm allocated!
    No problem...I know, there are hardly any Englishers around :P

My stats are: GCSEs = 10A*s, 1A
    AS levels: 4 As - English lit, History, Latin, Theology (98.6 UMS over top three)
    and A* in my EPQ. Predicted 3A*s *no pressure* haha

I thought of applying to Warwick but it sort of slipped off the radar Hope you hear back soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgias98)
    I applied to do Geography (BA) and really didn't expect to get an offer back so I didnt put a college down! I got my offer on the 7th of January and applied in October! The entry requirements are A*AA, but they've lowered them for me to AAA or A*AB. So happy!

Also, does anybody know how long it takes for college allocation/ how they do it if you didn't put a preference down? Good luck guys
    when did you apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurnettA3)
    Hi all, I applied for two courses at Durham, got both offers back in December, but haven't really seen any other Classics/Archaeology posts on here but one!

Offers: Both AAB
    Courses: Archaeology BSc; Archaeology and Ancient Civilisations
    Current A-levels: Biology, Classical Civilisations and Early Modern History

I've also got an offer for Bioarchaeology from York, and am waiting on hearing from Warwick and St. Andrews - has anyone here got an offer from the latter yet? I've heard absolutely nothing from them...
    Hi 😀 I've applied for the same courses as you but I'm still waiting for a reply from Durham.. But at least your not alone! I'm just so impatient as its the last uni I'm waiting for a decision from.

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer for law from Durham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobkata)
    Just received an offer for law from Durham

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picklescamp)
    Just got an offer for combined honours in social sciences
    Congrats that's great news! What subjects are you doing if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprior1408)
    Congrats that's great news! What subjects are you doing if you don't mind me asking?
    Probably Politics, Philosophy, Social anthropology & Geography. What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer from Durham to read History!! Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here doing Archaeology? Got My offer a few months back! Best off luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabby_h)
    I applied to St Cuths! You?
    I applied to St Chad's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaeolin)
    Just received an offer from Durham to read History!! Anyone else?
    What were your predicted/AS grades if you don't mind me asking? Really want an offer, feel like I've been waiting forever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OConnor789)
    What were your predicted/AS grades if you don't mind me asking? Really want an offer, feel like I've been waiting forever!
    Sure! I graduated when I was 17, and am currently finishing a program called CPGE (some kind of excellence program in France), with a focus on History, so that definitely played an important part I think... . I got a French baccalaureate with an overall score of 18,6 / 20, which is an equivalent of A*. Got A in history, 8 A* (humanities subjects), 4 A and 1 B (sports); I was in the top 10% of high school graduates of my country in my speciality (Humanities).
    Not sure my case is very representative though...But yeah, don't stress out too much about it, they apparently got a weird timing, got my offer at 9pm...Don't freak out because they haven't responded yet, it'll come ! Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    English Lit and Business Studies

ReputationRep:
    Hello all and congrats for you offers!!! I received mine yesterday for Law (so excited!!!) Anyone else with a Law offer? Durham is my first choice btw! Applied with no preference for college although regretting it a bit, wondering if I could say that I have a preference in the end!

ReputationRep:
    Offer to read Law. IB 38 HL666 Conditional. Applied to Castle. :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginahjk)
    Hello all and congrats for you offers!!! I received mine yesterday for Law (so excited!!!) Anyone else with a Law offer? Durham is my first choice btw! Applied with no preference for college although regretting it a bit, wondering if I could say that I have a preference in the end!
    I received an offer for law and applied with no preference too I hope they will "randomly" find me a good college You can read about the college allocation process on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EsAnd)
    Offer for anthropology on 6th January (applied 9th December) and applied for Hatfield! Anyone else..?!
    I have an offer for Anthropology and Sociology and I applied to St Chad's (neighbours to Hatfield)!

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Chemistry
    Offer: AAB
    College applied to: Josephine Butler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannon_bernie)
    Subject: Chemistry
    Offer: AAB
    College applied to: Josephine Butler
    Well done!

I have applied for MChem (Industrial) which course have you applied for?

I've also applied for Josephine Butler, my offer is A*AA though

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.