Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doll Parts)
    Is everyone else getting their emails from people on the Individuals & Small Business Compliance team (ISBC) or a different business area?

(Sorry - those that are actually getting any correspondence!)
    Hey Doll Parts! Can I be nosey and ask what emails you're getting from ISBC? I've not had any emails. #paranoid look on my face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW19!)
    Hey Doll Parts! Can I be nosey and ask what emails you're getting from ISBC? I've not had any emails. #paranoid look on my face.
    One was in response to my request for part time hours (& a question I asked about transferring service from the Home Office) and the other one was an email sending me a health declaration.

I've applied for Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    For those who have been contacted/had discussions around start dates, have you been given any idea what the training will involve? Did you have any input on when you are due to start?

I'm pretty sure a lot of folk will have holidays booked, which will no doubt clash with summer start dates/training.

ReputationRep:
    One was in response to my request for part time hours (& a question I asked about transferring service from the Home Office) and the other one was an email sending me a health declaration.

Cheers! Hopefully formal offers will be going out soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GNH)
    I've emailed them but they said they can't tell me because of the complexities of the campaign. Very frustrating!

I also got an email today asking if I would be interested in any of a list of other locations. Did you get this? I am on the reserve list for Belfast.
    I got this email today. I am on the reserve list for Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW19!)
    Cheers! Hopefully formal offers will be going out soon.
    I hope so; can't wait to hand my notice in! I'm on a 10 week course with some HMRC staff at the moment and they are all lovely and positive about the work. Not so much about the Employer though

ReputationRep:

What hours did you request? as I wanted to work part time but not heard anything back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FAZZX)
    What hours did you request? as I wanted to work part time but not heard anything back.
    32 hours a week; haven't had confirmation yet. They said they've passed it to the business area for consideration and will be in touch soon.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have accepted a provisional offer for Birmingham. I accepted on 9th May. I haven't heard anything since!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuSuT)
    Hi. I have accepted a provisional offer for Birmingham. I accepted on 9th May. I haven't heard anything since!!!!!
    You and me both!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW19!)
    I would also be keen to know about this! This is apparently where I have been placed as well (Belfast)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sineadmm)
    I would also be keen to know about this! This is apparently where I have been placed as well (Belfast)
    I have got provisional offer on 18th May for Belfast but havn't heard anything since how long til you hear full offer to you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liverpool75)
    I have got provisional offer on 18th May for Belfast but havn't heard anything since how long til you hear full offer to you think
    it said it could take up to 20 working days to process checks... i recieved my offer on the 12th which would make the 20th day the 9th of June. I contacted the DBS the other day and they have recieved no application for a check on me!!! At this rate I dont think start dates will be until August. I have applied for the new HO posts so hopefully that will start this time next year!!!

ReputationRep:
    I received DBS in the post on Wednesday of last week and then an email on the Friday informing that pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed - Newcastle office. Vacancy holder to get in touch shortly to agree a start date - no idea what shortly means in HMRC speak...

***provisional offer received 9th May '16***

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard anything back after provisional offers?
    They said it takes 4-6 weeks for pre employment checks, I am now on week 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King86)
    anyone heard anything back after provisional offers?
    They said it takes 4-6 weeks for pre employment checks, I am now on week 5
    I emailed just to see what was happening and this is the response I got: Your pre-employment checks are still ongoing. Due to the large numbers being carried out the process is taking slightly longer than usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    I emailed just to see what was happening and this is the response I got: Your pre-employment checks are still ongoing. Due to the large numbers being carried out the process is taking slightly longer than usual.

That's good to know. The last few weeks of silence have been dragging. I had my provisional offer for HO in Liverpool on 13 May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayho)
    That's good to know. The last few weeks of silence have been dragging. I had my provisional offer for HO in Liverpool on 13 May.
    Haven't they just!!!! I wanted to give them the 4 weeks and then check. At least I know they know who I am!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sljca)
    Haven't they just!!!! I wanted to give them the 4 weeks and then check. At least I know they know who I am!!!
    no doubt there will be formal offers going out soon. i have a holiday booked for 1st week in august, not sure how that will be accommodated.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for the new campaign? I'm currenty a AO in DWP and whilst really interested, think I'd struggle to come up with HEO/HO level examples. So frustrating.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.