Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LovepreetDhillon)
    Believe it or not people do have lives and they have to put families in front of a Model House Of Commons. Yes there has been some inactivity from some members but you get that from every party.

Conservatives MPs I havent seen a lot of:
    meenu89
    tengentoppa
    Krollo
    Helfus

I was shocked to see these people as MPs as I have never heard of.

Also on your point about the inactivity of cabinet members. I am the new transport secretary and I have already asked the Government about their stance on HS2. However, I dont think this Government wants it to go ahead, so I wont post a bill on it. Just because you dont see members on the main forum dosent mean they arent working behind the scenes.
    The greens are biggest culprit for inactivity
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    So I should vote based on whether I have confidence in a Green minority government?
    That's not an option given that the smallest possible is the 14 seats of Labour

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Of the likely ones:

ConKip
    LibConKip
    LabLibGrn
    LabLibSoc
    LabCon.

The top is most likely.
    I can only see three of those as particularly likely...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Of the likely ones:

ConKip
    LibConKip
    LabLibGrn
    LabLibSoc
    LabCon.

The top is most likely.
    LabCon?!?!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I can only see three of those as particularly likely...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree. They are listed in degree of plausibility.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I agree. They are listed in degree of plausibility.
    I think you're going mad again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Camoron)
    The TSR government has lost the plot. What does it take to call another election?
    Please expand. In what way have they 'lost the plot'. Because, as far as I'm concerned, the government is working very well.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I think you're going mad again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which 3 would you choose then?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Possible coalitions
    Con/Kip
    Con/Lib ?
    Con/Lab ( doubt it )
    Lab/Kip
    Lab/green/soc
    Lib/kip/green ( Please not again )
    Lib/ukip/soc
    Lab/ukip/soc
    Lab/lib/green
    Lab/lib/soc
    Con/green/soc ?
    Con/ukip/green ?
    Con/Lib/green
    Lib/green/soc
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Possible coalitions
    Con/Kip
    Con/Lib ?
    Con/Lab ( doubt it )
    Lab/Kip
    Lab/green/soc
    Lib/ukip/soc
    Lab/ukip/soc
    Lab/lib/green
    Lab/lib/soc
    Con/green/soc ?
    Con/ukip/green ?
    Con/Lib/green
    Lib/green/soc
    Were you around for it?

I mean....it was damn awful and I'm sure both Nigel Farage MEP and Andy98 would both rule out another LUG (I certainly am )
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Possible coalitions
    Con/Kip
    Con/Lib ?
    Con/Lab ( doubt it )
    Lab/Kip
    Lab/green/soc
    Lib/ukip/soc

Lab/ukip/soc
    Lab/lib/green
    Lab/lib/soc
    Con/green/soc ?
    Con/ukip/green ?
    Con/Lib/green
    Lib/green/soc
    I think that ConKip would be the bar or what other coalitions could reach so I've crossed out the impossible ones.

Bolded won't happen.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Were you around for it?

I mean....it was damn awful and I'm sure both Nigel Farage MEP and Andy98 would both rule out another LUG (I certainly am )
    Returning from a holiday to be in a coalition with a Prime Minister that disappears, a Liberal leader that disappears, a Chancellor that disappears, a Liberal chairman that was afraid to make decisions, a Green deputy leader who appeared to be kept out of coalition negotiations, MPs who did not do anything, a large parts of all parties that did not want to be in a coalition will likely have disastrous results. I am sure your intelligence is high enough to realise a coalition where the parties are more closely aligned, leaders present, MPs who vote, and communication that works is a lot more likely to be successful.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Returning from a holiday to be in a coalition with a Prime Minister that disappears, a Liberal leader that disappears, a Chancellor that disappears, a Liberal chairman that was afraid to make decisions, a Green deputy leader who appeared to be kept out of coalition negotiations, MPs who did not do anything, a large parts of all parties that did not want to be in a coalition will likely have disastrous results. I am sure your intelligence is high enough to realise a coalition where the parties are more closely aligned, leaders present, MPs who vote, and communication that works is a lot more likley to be successful.
    When you put it like that....

The fact is, I didn't have the authority to make any decisions then. You must realise the position I was put in. I could not win whatever I did - My only regret is not appointing Jarred Acting Chancellor.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I think that ConKip would be the bar or what other coalitions could reach so I've crossed out the impossible ones.

Bolded won't happen.
    Lab/green/soc ? Whys that's impossible?? That's a left wingers heaven!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Smaller than con kip

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It's 20 seats and ConKip is 21
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    When you put it like that....

The fact is, I didn't have the authority to make any decisions then. You must realise the position I was put in. I could not win whatever I did - My only regret is not appointing Jarred Acting Chancellor.
    When the most senior person in a party is its chairman because the other leaders are away, I expect the chairman to start making decisions, or call VoNCs against the leaders who are away when the leaders have been away for more than three days. I admire your aim to not upset anyone but this is politics, in politics people need to make cut-throat decisions or things do not get done.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    When the most senior person in a party is its chairman because the other leaders are away, I expect the chairman to start making decisions, or call VoNCs against the leaders who are away when the leaders have been away for more than three days. I admire your aim to not upset anyone but this is politics, in politics people need to make cut-throat decisions or things do not get done.
    Admittedly, I did learn from that experience and that's probably why I'm Leader of my Party now. One should always try to be diplomatic and peaceful first though. Internally at the very least, I've shown I can and will make cut-throat decisions when necessary. However, at the time everything was happening at once - me appointing an Acting Chancellor sooner would not have saved the coalition. I doubt that it would have even prolonged it.

ReputationRep:
    That's not an option given that the smallest possible is the 14 seats of Labour

Posted from TSR Mobile
    These are not helping your case. If I'm convinced to have no confidence in Labour or the Liberals, and if I have to consider also all the possibilities of all the Labour/Liberal-involved coalitions, there's just no way I can logically vote aye.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Returning from a holiday to be in a coalition with a Prime Minister that disappears, a Liberal leader that disappears, a Chancellor that disappears, a Liberal chairman that was afraid to make decisions, a Green deputy leader who appeared to be kept out of coalition negotiations, MPs who did not do anything, a large parts of all parties that did not want to be in a coalition will likely have disastrous results. I am sure your intelligence is high enough to realise a coalition where the parties are more closely aligned, leaders present, MPs who vote, and communication that works is a lot more likely to be successful.
    No offence mate but there are very few parties who would want to go into a coalition with you.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.