Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hw1221)
    If I got a B this year, do you think it would be stupid to resit next year in order to get an A?
    I don't think it would be stupid - it depends on your targets. I got a B and I am resitting unit 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokémontrainer)
    I don't think it would be stupid - it depends on your targets. I got a B and I am resitting unit 1.
    Ok, do you have any tips to avoid getting a B?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, do you have any tips to avoid getting a B?
    Well I got an A in unit 2 and a C in unit 1. So I'd say don't underestimate how hard unit 1 actually is - I got caught up on timing.

ReputationRep:
    Well I got an A in unit 2 and a C in unit 1. So I'd say don't underestimate how hard unit 1 actually is - I got caught up on timing.
    wow you did well for unit 2...

how much revision did you do and any tips? My exam is in 7 days and i am not confident

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    wow you did well for unit 2...

how much revision did you do and any tips? My exam is in 7 days and i am not confident
    For unit 2 I did revision for about two evenings before the exam. For unit 1 I started a week before my exam, but that didn't go well... Timing, timing and timing. That's the key.

ReputationRep:
    For unit 2 I did revision for about two evenings before the exam. For unit 1 I started a week before my exam, but that didn't go well... Timing, timing and timing. That's the key.
    what topics did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, I have already experienced running out of time in an exam this year so I being very careful from now on 😂

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know where to find examples for this unit *especially pressure groups and political parties* xx thanks in advance xo

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, I have already experienced running out of time in an exam this year so I being very careful from now on 😂
    you seem like your struggling a little

do u want my definition 5 marker word document?

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a lot of people predicting there to be a question on referendums, do you think thats likely? it did come up in 2014 and a bit in 2012

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrygrox)

Please, yes please. Please yes.

ReputationRep:
    I second that too please
    (Original post by Sarpedon)
    Please, yes please. Please yes.
    For 5 markers should we give one example or not? Because in the examiners report they're always saying how students underestimate how much knowledge you need an end up under writing. Or they waffle far too much and over write. A lot of people don't achieve balance. ANy tips on that? its only 5 marks but it could change grades if you got all of them in the bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    Wow going to revise that lol
    I'm sure you'll be fine good luck in the exam!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrygrox)

What made you think that? and yeah that would be great if you dont mind

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to get full marks in the 10 markers?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, just wondering if anyone is planning on doing the political parties question? If so, if they ask about current party policies, I'm wondering how current 'current' is, like for Labour would that be Jeremy Corbyn plans or the 2015 manifesto plans?

ReputationRep:
    Guys we have 2 days and 5 hours I am incredibly scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sylavela)
    Guys we have 2 days and 5 hours I am incredibly scared
    Im terrified 😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    Looks like its time to start revision. New to the thread so was wondering if there are any revision documents floating around?? Any help is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stepholmes)
    Hiya, just wondering if anyone is planning on doing the political parties question? If so, if they ask about current party policies, I'm wondering how current 'current' is, like for Labour would that be Jeremy Corbyn plans or the 2015 manifesto plans?
    You should definitely talk about Jeremy Corbyn's ideologies/policy proposals- shows the examiner you keep up with current affairs!

(Original post by namjoonu)
    Hey does anyone know where to find examples for this unit *especially pressure groups and political parties* xx thanks in advance xo
    For political parties (sorry i'm not doing pressure groups), just look at what cameron and corbyn both want in each policy area, e.g. in education, economy, defence, etc. Keep up to date with the news, the examiners really like that apparently.

Edit: Actually, for pressure groups, I remember my teacher telling us to look up relevant pressure groups- so for example, find particular pressure groups and research them, e.g. were they successful in proposing new legislation- which you could use in a "success of pressure groups" essay, or something.

hope I helped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.