The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 87Mack
nah it was 6H20

I got 6 too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol had to wait 20 minutes for invigilators to find data sheets
Reply 302
Original post by therealbatman365
I got Br2 to make a dibromo haloalkane and then NaOH(aq) to make the diol???

yeahhh boiii i got the same
Ohh lorraine
Original post by Harryg123456
3.3 i got

Also got that
Original post by 2kk2
for the last question were you meant to add Hbr to the alkene so you get a haloalkane which formed the secondary alcohol - what were the regeants and how many marks would you lsoe if you missed out the regeants

Pretty that the reagent for turning the the alkene into the blank product (C4H8Br2) was Br2. Then, to turn that into a diol, you could use NaOH.
Reply 306
Original post by Harryg123456
3.3 i got

yes mate
Original post by Clintbarton
It would be halogenation - just Br2 because you can't create -OH from the the H-C formed in nucleophilic addition. The reagents were Br2 and H2O as steam for the second part?

Posted from TSR Mobile

H2O I believe is a weak nucleophile so normally reagents like NaOH are used BUT I don't think you'll lose a mark
Original post by SGHD26716
I used 100 as they mixed the two solutions together

I did this too

Original post by A Sajid
100% sure it was CrCl3.8H20

If you assume the salt was only CrCl3 (no hydrogen or oxygen) then you should get 6H2O, if you've done the empirical formula correctly
What did people get when it asked for the equilibrium concentration of SO3 in the question asking about yield, I got something like square root of 30 after rearranging the equation and simplified, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong?
Reply 310
did anybody get 0.768 for conc of so3?
What did y'all put for q15 about the non-polar e/z isomers on MCQ?
What was the % error? My answer was something like 1.7%. And I've said that to decrease the error you have to add a bigger mass of hydrated salt so that more water would be lost which will decrease the (error / mass) fraction.
Original post by ukgjyhtrhv
best chemistry exam ive hever done 😃😃 absolutely buzzing but i think grade boundaries will be high around 90%

oi are you serious i flopped that so bad
Original post by Jitesh
H2O I believe is a weak nucleophile so normally reagents like NaOH are used BUT I don't think you'll lose a mark

Ah yes but I seem to recall them saying something about the fastest route of synthesis? Oh well.
Reply 315
Original post by A Sajid
No. For that question they gave conc and vol. So you can work out the moles from that. And then using the moles, you can work out mass by doing moles x mr. That would given you the mass in g which is what you need to do q=mct

They said to assume the mass of the solutions was the same as water
Original post by 87Mack
did anybody get 0.768 for conc of so3?

Yeh I got something like that
C.png
Attachment not found

Similar to one of the questions but I used 100cm3 as the student added an extra 50cm3 of something
Reply 318
Original post by therealbatman365
What did y'all put for q15 about the non-polar e/z isomers on MCQ?

i put B
Reply 319
Original post by 87Mack
nah it was 6H20

So pissed with myself. I clearly didnt read the question. I wrote CrCl3H12O6 and didnt realise is was water of crystalisation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending