Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brodingoson)
    Not tryna scare people but it's very likely that the exam on Thursday is going to be very difficult...OCR need to prove in this new spec that only the most capable get the A's, not the people who learn it all without a good understanding.
    OCR are moving away from just simply writing down theory answers; they're are going to want you to apply your knowledge to hard situations involving complex practicals.

I'm really annoyed too that they have not given any good resources at all....just 2 papers really?? and the 2 secret ones...
    Ultimately they will want the same proportions of students achieving each grade, so those who would previously get an A should still achieve one.

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for the exam ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synonym)
    any predictions for the exam ?
    Hmmmmm, just think of all the practicals you've done in the past year and think about the theory behind it.....it's hard to predict bc OCR could literally put anything in......

ReputationRep:
    Question: When looking in a critical value table, do we always go to 0.05 as the p value in ocr bio, or do we look at other p values too- because in psychology we were taught to only look at 0.05?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synonym)
    ahh i havent even finished revision ..im still going over module 3 and module 4 ..
    Same, me too

ReputationRep:
    Not looking forward to this exam at all its on my birthday too just my luck. Also, anyone have any suspicions to what is going to come up? I'm revising all the modules at the moment, just hoping it goes in.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna revise bio till 12pm, then do English lit till 6am and then at10:30-1 do more bio. Hopefully I can pull it off

is there anywhere i can get a list of all definitions for bio :/

ReputationRep:
    What does the standard error and t test show?? Like what's it for? Anyone can explain for a dummy? PLEASe!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    Gonna revise bio till 12pm, then do English lit till 6am and then at10:30-1 do more bio. Hopefully I can pull it off
    dude that's hardcore, have you already been through biology properly and going again for checking or..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plower)
    dude that's hardcore, have you already been through biology properly and going again for checking or..?
    no I haven't gone through it properly so I gotta beast it out and hope for the best

ReputationRep:
    no I haven't gone through it properly so I gotta beast it out and hope for the best
    Dude, literally the same. I've got English tomorrow as well . Good luck

ReputationRep:
    How does pH effect enzymes ?

ReputationRep:
    Guys! Can someone help me please? For the symplast pathway, why does the cytoplasm have gaps perforated between each plant cells? Is that how plant cells link witb each other?

ReputationRep:
    Ph above or below optimum = enzyme denatured
    Ionic and hydrogen bonds broken - not disulphide though, tertiary structure changes - alter active site - substrate not fit

(Original post by Dharaa)
    Guys! Can someone help me please? For the symplast pathway, why does the cytoplasm have gaps perforated between each plant cells? Is that how plant cells link witb each other?
    Ya the plasmodesmata connects cytoplasm of plant cells, this way water moves through

Now can anyone answer my question up there in the post!!

ReputationRep:
    If pH is slightly above or below the optimal pH the enzyme will change shape and not function properly, however if placed back into original pH then it will work again fine. If the pH is way over or below then it will cause it to denature and can't e changed back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    Question: When looking in a critical value table, do we always go to 0.05 as the p value in ocr bio, or do we look at other p values too- because in psychology we were taught to only look at 0.05?
    Thanks.
    Yup pretty much, cos that's the accepted level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plower)
    What does the standard error and t test show?? Like what's it for? Anyone can explain for a dummy? PLEASe!!
    have you found an answer for this? coz i really have no clue what this is about

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Can any one help me in part b please.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    if anyone has the secret papers and mark scheme for ocr could they please put it on here

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.