The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) C4 Friday 24th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by artbreaker
I ran out of time on the last part of the last question. Do you think I'll get a mark for separating the variables? So annoyed cos I could've done it easily if my time management wasn't so poor!

Separating the variables is usually the first mark you get, I think their might have been something before that but almost certainly no more than 2 imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 301
For some reason I used 2ln6 in my calculation instead of 4ln6 even though i had written it down in my workings out (dont ask why), how many marks do you think I will lose?
Unless I made any huge errors which I'm failing to notice, I'm now thinking I scored around 66 in C3 and 57 in C4. C3 was a resit and I have 87 UMS already, if it comes down to that. Sorry to be a pain and ask another grade boundary question, but do you think this will be enough to scrape an A*?
What would 63 marks be in terms of ums?
Original post by drandy76
Separating the variables is usually the first mark you get, I think their might have been something before that but almost certainly no more than 2 imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I thought I'd probably get a mark for it cos I thought markschemes usually gave one. Seperating the variables was I think the first part of the last part of the question (if that makes sense) and the first part was to split it into partial fractions
Original post by felecita
Unless I made any huge errors which I'm failing to notice, I'm now thinking I scored around 66 in C3 and 57 in C4. C3 was a resit and I have 87 UMS already, if it comes down to that. Sorry to be a pain and ask another grade boundary question, but do you think this will be enough to scrape an A*?

60-63 on core 4 and 62 on core3
Reply 306
Original post by daniellon
What would 63 marks be in terms of ums?

low 90's
For the last question I got something like 144e^3 :smile: it took me a while to realise what to do; I kept it in log form, had C and 3 and then when I had lny=lnsomething + 3 I moved the lnsomething to the lny and then made a single log, then anti-logged it,to get e^3 =y/144 or something, then just moved the 144 to the other side....
I actually found the paper overall quite good. I made a mistake on the parametric differentiation, couldn't figure it out, ran out of time. Loved the integration by parts and the integration at the end. Not too bad though!
With 64 marks in C3 and 60 marks in C4. Is it likely ill get an A* or an A?
how did the parametric have 3 stat. points when it was a cubic though, that didn't make sense to me.
what was the first polynomial division question
Original post by anonymous_veg
how did the parametric have 3 stat. points when it was a cubic though, that didn't make sense to me.

In terms of the parametric there are 3 times y=0 when t =0 then t =pi/2 thus sin2t = 0 or when t=pi, thus Sint =0, which yields points 0,0 1,0 2,0

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was c ?
Original post by drandy76
In terms of the parametric there are 3 times y=0 when t =0 then t =pi/2 thus sin2t = 0 or when t=pi, thus Sint =0, which yields points 0,0 1,0 2,0

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many marks would u think i would lose just for getting 0,0 and 1,0? I stupidly forgot about 2,0 even though I drew it in my sketch.
Original post by medic23432432
How many marks would u think i would lose just for getting 0,0 and 1,0? I stupidly forgot about 2,0 even though I drew it in my sketch.

Maybe 1 mark dropped in the question and the sketch, can't remember the marks for each question though

Posted from TSR Mobile
what was the first polynomial division question
What was the value of c in the last question ?
Original post by Khadijahk

For the +c I got 3??
Original post by Khadijahk

The answer to the last question was: 1/144 e^2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending