Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dre most certainly used a ghostwriter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissMay)
    you do know that skill is something that is taught right?
    then u said this

Sure some might naturally have the talent

which one is it? lmao

Dr. Dre couldn't make a banger if he tried
    u know nothin about rap lmao

And yes everybody has a ghost writer.
    u know nothin about the industry

exit the thread man

Granted...they might have natural musical talent aka a good ear and rhythm.
    which makes em capable of making a hit

ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Latin Beauty)

cuz not everybody has skill

dummy
    No. "cuz not everybody" has talent.

Yes, everyone, can develop skill. You can still praise your rappers but you should be happy to know that maybe one day you too can develop the "skill" and become a superstar

ReputationRep:
    then u said this
    which one is it? lmao
    Are you winding people up right now or are you seriously just mentally challenged?

For the last time

skill

is not

talent

I said skill is taught and learned

talent is natural and can't be taught or learned
    I never stepped back on that :confused: and I wish you'd stop using them interchangeably/like they're the same thing. They're not!!!

ReputationRep:
    No. "cuz not everybody" has talent.

Yes, everyone, can develop skill. You can still praise your rappers but you should be happy to know that maybe one day you too can develop the "skill" and become a superstar
    its funny u use googles definition...which gets changed all the time...to define properties in hip hop...somethin that aint never changed

at least use a dictionary that defines stuff according to music

exit stage left buddy

ReputationRep:
    its funny u use googles definition...which gets changed all the time...to define properties in hip hop...somethin that aint never changed

at least use a dictionary that defines stuff according to music

exit stage left buddy
    What!?

:rolleyes:

WoodyMKC hezzlington Let's just step around this fool and continue the thread shall we?!

ReputationRep:
    Are you winding people up right now or are you seriously just mentally challenged?

For the last time

skill

is not

talent

I said skill is taught and learned

talent is natural and can't be taught or learned
    I never stepped back on that :confused: and I wish you'd stop using them interchangeably/like they're the same thing. They're not!!!
    the point is u need skill to make a hit

the boy said no

i said biggie had skill to make juicy

u claim skill is something learned...then u said some have natural talent

so which is it that he has?

lmao goddamn

ReputationRep:
    What!?

:rolleyes:

WoodyMKC hezzlington Let's just step around this fool and continue the thread shall we?!
    proving how slow u are

u use a dictionary of google to understand properties in hip hop

the dictionary is changed all the time but its reliable to u huh lmao proving my point...u have no knowledge of the industry and music itself

instead of using a hip hop dictionary to find out what skill is according to music

u embarrass yaself

ReputationRep:
    The College Dropout is an absolute classic imo! Section.80 is probably my favorite K.dot album, maybe not the best one or most impactful but I enjoy life the most when I have one of those songs going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    I think artists get legendary status slapped on to them a little bit easier when they die, nostalgia and all that. Aaliyah, Kurt Cobain (the latter being totally undeserved), Hendrix, Bob Marley. (Bob Marley is definitely a GOAT in his genre, however)
    What the **** did I just read?

This is utterly insane!

ReputationRep:
    oh yea...dodged every question....still aint tell me whether biggie had skill or natural talent to make the hit

still aint prove everybody has a ghostwriter

i guess nwa - alwayz into somethin aint a banger...dre day...deep cover...lil ghetto boy.....not bangers....

the chronic is considered one of the best albums...who rapped and wrote all those lyrics lmao

according to WoodyMKC LittleMissMay there is no difference between trinidad james and nas....cuz everybodys learned it somewhere and credit goes to the production people

then she uses a white laymans terms dictionary whose definitions change every year to define hip hop LMFAO!!!

lmao british kids born in the 90s tryna school me....the hell outta here

i just showed my homeboy who work in the industry and an old head from the states this....its comedy they tell me i shouldnt even waste my time and i wont

im done
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    oh yea...dodged every question....still aint tell me whether biggie had skill or natural talent to make the hit

still aint prove everybody has a ghostwriter

i guess nwa - alwayz into somethin aint a banger...dre day...deep cover...lil ghetto boy.....not bangers....

the chronic is considered one of the best albums...who rapped and wrote all those lyrics lmao

according to WoodyMKC LittleMissMay there is no difference between trinidad james and nas....cuz everybodys learned it somewhere and credit goes to the production people

then she uses a white laymans terms dictionary whose definitions change every year to define hip hop LMFAO!!!

lmao british kids born in the 90s tryna school me....the hell outta here

i just showed my homeboy who work in the industry and an old head from the states this....its comedy they tell me i shouldnt even waste my time and i wont

im done
    Yeah, you just happened to have two people from the industry on hand :rofl: You're AGAIN taking what I've said out of context. Sure, back in the 90s, rappers like Nas and Biggie were popular, and they also just happened to be good... but if you're telling me that sales = skill, you're deluded for all the reasons I've already pointed out to you several times.

Oh, and ****ing LOL at this part:

"the chronic is considered one of the best albums...who rapped and wrote all those lyrics lmao"

With that, you just showed us all that you know nothing about the history of hip hop. Anyone who does, knows that Dr Dre was never a writer, he had ghost writers on all his albums. Sort of proves my point as well - his first 2 albums are all time classics, but as a rapper everyone agrees that his delivery is sloppy and he doesn't write his own lyrics - proof that you don't need to be a good rapper to sell. Not taking credit away from all the greats like Big, Pac and all the others - they were genuinely some of the most skilled rappers of all time, but again that's not to say that every hip hop album sells because the rapper is any good, a lot of them sell because they have that mainstream sound. ****ing Nelly and Lil Wayne are among the top 10 selling rappers of all time, please don't try and tell me it's because they're as good as the likes of 2Pac or Biggie. Their albums sell for different reasons, because they appeal to an audience who like the sound of their music and don't really care for the depth of their lyricism.

P.S. I wasn't even born in the 90s doe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Yeah, you just happened to have two people from the industry on hand :rofl: You're AGAIN taking what I've said out of context. Sure, back in the 90s, rappers like Nas and Biggie were popular, and they also just happened to be good... but if you're telling me that sales = skill, you're deluded for all the reasons I've already pointed out to you several times.

"the chronic is considered one of the best albums...who rapped and wrote all those lyrics lmao"

With that, you just showed us all that you know nothing about the history of hip hop. Anyone who does, knows that Dr Dre was never a writer, he had ghost writers on all his albums. Sort of proves my point as well - his first 2 albums are all time classics, but as a rapper everyone agrees that his delivery is sloppy and he doesn't write his own lyrics - proof that you don't need to be a good rapper to sell. Not taking credit away from all the greats like Big, Pac and all the others - they were genuinely some of the most skilled rappers of all time, but again that's not to say that every hip hop album sells because the rapper is any good, a lot of them sell because they have that mainstream sound. ****ing Nelly and Lil Wayne are among the top 10 selling rappers of all time, please don't try and tell me it's because they're as good as the likes of 2Pac or Biggie. Their albums sell for different reasons, because they appeal to an audience who like the sound of their music and don't really care for the depth of their lyricism.

yea thats why pac...big...nas..sell a lot and theyre all good

yet trinidad james...royce da 5 9 didnt sell much and they aint good

u still aint have no proof for the ghostwriter

u mix ur opinions with facts

if somebody sells a lot...they are good...regardless of what u think of em....future is a dope rapper he went platinum...but ask for my personal opinion? he alright

now ud be like future is trash cuz of this and that....yet he went platinum

thats my other point....u and that other kid...know nothin about music and the industry

for u...anybody can be a great rapper...just get a ghostwriter a good producer and practice lmao..cuz its all in the background team and not the rapper huh

u are comedy
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    yea thats why pac...big...nas..sell a lot and theyre all good

yet trinidad james...royce da 5 9 didnt sell much and they aint good

u still aint have no proof for the ghostwriter
    As I said, different artists sell for different reasons. You're again avoiding responding directly to the examples I've given you. I also hope you're not insinuating that Royce isn't a good rapper.

What more proof is needed that Dr Dre uses ghost writers??? It's common knowledge. EVERYONE knows. Look at his album credits FFS... for example, on 2001, Still D.R.E. lists Jay Z as a writer - Jay Z wasn't even on the track. On The Message, Dre isn't even listed among the writing credits even though he was the only rapper on the track - he's only listed in the writing credits for the other tracks because he made the beats, but Lord Finesse made that beat so Dre can't take any writing credit for any part of it.
    It's thought that Eminem and Snoop did most of Dre's writing for that album.

For someone who supposedly knows a lot about hip hop and knows all these people that work in the industry, I really shouldn't have to be explaining any of this to you. If your industry friends do exist, they'd be laughing at you if you showed them what you've written here.

ReputationRep:
    As I said, different artists sell for different reasons. You're again avoiding responding directly to the examples I've given you. I also hope you're not insinuating that Royce isn't a good rapper.

What more proof is needed that Dr Dre uses ghost writers??? It's common knowledge. EVERYONE knows. Look at his album credits FFS... for example, on 2001, Still D.R.E. lists Jay Z as a writer - Jay Z wasn't even on the track. On The Message, Dre isn't even listed among the writing credits even though he was the only rapper on the track - he's only listed in the writing credits for the other tracks because he made the beats, but Lord Finesse made that beat so Dre can't take any writing credit for any part of it.
    It's thought that Eminem and Snoop did most of Dre's writing for that album.
    oh ok now its different reasons huh lmao!!!

im sayin for the chronic...why mention another album

man we already did this...the reason they sell is skill...

future raps like hes sleepin and pulls it off good....thats his personal skill...

this is what u do....oh no its the lyrics that somebody wrote him........

so basically nas pac werent nothin...it was all ghostwriters and production teams

more proof u dont know nothin bout the industry....the industry doesnt care about all that...whether u learned that skill or was born with it...can u do it like this and that or no?

thats what makes a good rapper

something u never knew lmao
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    oh ok now its different reasons huh lmao!!!

im sayin for the chronic...why mention another album

man we already did this...the reason they sell is skill...

future raps like hes sleepin and pulls it off good....thats his personal skill...

this is what u do....oh no its the lyrics that somebody wrote him........

so basically nas pac werent nothin...it was all ghostwriters and production teams
    Talking of skill, you have a serious knack for taking things out of context don't you :rofl:

What do you mean "now"??? I've been saying the same thing the whole ****ing time, I've just tried to find different ways to explain it to your tiny little mind but clearly none of them have worked so far. I'm not going to keep repeating myself, you'll just misread it again. Go back to school.

ReputationRep:
    Talking of skill, you have a serious knack for taking things out of context don't you :rofl:

What do you mean "now"??? I've been saying the same thing the whole ****ing time, I've just tried to find different ways to explain it to your tiny little mind but clearly none of them have worked so far. I'm not going to keep repeating myself, you'll just misread it again. Go back to school.
    show the post where u said it if not lets dead this
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    show the post where u said it if not lets dead this
    Are you actually joking??? I've been saying it the entire time!!! This is just from the post before the last:

If you take what I've said out of context one more time I'll not be replying to you.

ReputationRep:
    If you take what I've said out of context one more time I'll not be replying to you.
    I did that long ago

ReputationRep:
    Are you actually joking??? I've been saying it the entire time!!! This is just from the post before the last:

and i was tellin u skilled by industry standards and ur standards..

this is my point now where i said u mix ur opinion with facts

cuz u dont know the industry...u only know ur thoughts and think thats it

i already answered this in the future platinum post....

reread that address me or dead this and take the lesson for next time

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.