The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
math sl paper 2 here. Cool. SO MUCH better than p1. hopefully the grade boundary goes down for p1 and I'll get at least a 5 i guess.
math SL update: no one cried today :smile:
Happy with Maths SL P2. Hope I only lost around 9 marks - hopefully enough to bring it back up from yesterday!
Original post by u97
Just finished my Math studies paper 2. It was really bad and i am very VERY disappointed in myself for it (BECAUSE ITS MATH STUDIES)
How was everyone else's?

Really? Which time zone are you? I'm TZ2 and I found it remarkably easy?

Which questions did you struggle with if you're TZ2?

I'm sure it didn't go that badly, don't be too hard on yourself?
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Happy with Maths SL P2. Hope I only lost around 9 marks - hopefully enough to bring it back up from yesterday!

luckkyy
it was so easy but stupiiiiiddddd me
i wrote the right answer the first time around for a 7 mark question
then scratched itt -.- i hate myself.
hopefully chem HL is easy tmrw
Im not done studyign for chem soo less time :frown: any chapters i shud focus on more?
I basically started revision for Chem HL today (did 2 sets of past papers last month). I hope 5 hours of revision would get me a 5...........
For HL, make sure you know the configurational and conformational stuffs, HMNR, half-equivalence point, mass spect, rydberg equation, giant covalent examples, different formations of acid rain, electorlysis of concentrated solutions, bron-haber etc.

oh boy
Practically shaking right now because I need a 7 in Maths HL. Did pretty bad in paper 1 (almost definitely a 6) but I think I did better today, it might be a boundary 7. I hope I can bring it up with paper 3.
Reply 308
Original post by Mr.Troll
I basically started revision for Chem HL today (did 2 sets of past papers last month). I hope 5 hours of revision would get me a 5...........
For HL, make sure you know the configurational and conformational stuffs, HMNR, half-equivalence point, mass spect, rydberg equation, giant covalent examples, different formations of acid rain, electorlysis of concentrated solutions, bron-haber etc.

oh boy

any tips for HNMR?
Original post by medleg
any tips for HNMR?

the integration trace should be given next to the peaks, and you should use rulers to find the ratio (ratio of hydrogens experiencing different chemical environment)

you can check the types of bonding in the data booklet by comparing the frequency in the diagram. The splitting shows the number of neighbouring hydrogens (4 splits imply 3 neighbouring hydrogens) I remember learning that some special cases are not included in the calculation of splitting, hopefully someone can elaborate on that a bit more.
anyone going to stay up to study chem? I've just started and I feel like I really don't have time to revise everything before 12
Original post by thecsstudent
Practically shaking right now because I need a 7 in Maths HL. Did pretty bad in paper 1 (almost definitely a 6) but I think I did better today, it might be a boundary 7. I hope I can bring it up with paper 3.

Yea I too need to do very well in paper 3 in order to get a 7. Which timezone are you in and which option are you taking?
Reply 312
the integration trace should be given next to the peaks, and you should use rulers to find the ratio (ratio of hydrogens experiencing different chemical environment)

you can check the types of bonding in the data booklet by comparing the frequency in the diagram. The splitting shows the number of neighbouring hydrogens (4 splits imply 3 neighbouring hydrogens) I remember learning that some special cases are not included in the calculation of splitting, hopefully someone can elaborate on that a bit more.

thankyou so much! I really struggle with HNMR, probably my hardest part of HL chem!!! any general tips you might have for chem in general? how're you feeling about it tomorrow?
Both maths HL were surprisingly manageable. I ended up being short on time though and couldn't even do half of question 11 (I did 12 first). What option are you guys doing for p3?
Original post by medleg
thankyou so much! I really struggle with HNMR, probably my hardest part of HL chem!!! any general tips you might have for chem in general? how're you feeling about it tomorrow?

Chem is more or less my last exam (excluding math HL P3), so I had no time to revise for chemistry.My classical sound track for tomorrow would probably be chopin's funeral march tomorrow.

I would say always look at the units (kJ and J...cm^3 dm^3). Also remember to multiply values from your data booklet by appropriate factors if needed
Original post by martaganger
Both maths HL were surprisingly manageable. I ended up being short on time though and couldn't even do half of question 11 (I did 12 first). What option are you guys doing for p3?

you might want to delete this post as it is still within the 24h range welps
you might want to delete this post as it is still within the 24h range welps

Well I didn't say anything about the paper itself technically. I thought we were just not allowed to discuss the content? Idk?
Reply 317
Chem is more or less my last exam (excluding math HL P3), so I had no time to revise for chemistry.My classical sound track for tomorrow would probably be chopin's funeral march tomorrow.

I would say always look at the units (kJ and J...cm^3 dm^3). Also remember to multiply values from your data booklet by appropriate factors if needed

lucky! (although perhaps not so lucky about the maths HL aha) I have 2 whole subjects to go after chemistry, so I finish really late :frown: ahaha if the chemistry is as bad as the physics then we will definitely need more than a bit of Chopin! than thanks again :smile:
Original post by pingfire7
TZ1 or TZ2?

TZ2
Original post by jaichandak
TZ2 Math HL here, writing from HK. Paper 2 was so much better than paper 1. I normally get higher in paper 1 but I think I'll score better in paper 2 this time.

Ready for the options? I'm gonna sit the calculus paper, what about you guys?

same for me!! somehow the two just swopped difficulty this year i feel haha. doing the stats option but seeing as it's only 20 % and a good coursework is weighing against that I AM SO GLAD MATHS IS almost OVER!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending