Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    I thought four died?
    It was the first National for a while where no horse was killed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    It was the first National for a while where no horse was killed.
    Except for last year, and 2014, and 2013...

The fatality rates are higher than in steeplechases overall, but they are still only a little over 1 in 100 horses
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Except for last year, and 2014, and 2013...

The fatality rates are higher than in steeplechases overall, but they are still only a little over 1 in 100 horses
    I'm talking about horses which have died as a result of the Grand National. Although it those years, horses did not die on the course, some died several days/weeks later as a result of the injuries sustained.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I'm talking about horses which have died as a result of the Grand National. Although it those years, horses did not die on the course, some died several days/weeks later as a result of the injuries sustained.
    If working on that basis, how can you claim that this Grand National was bloodless, we are yet to see. Also, that figure for 1 in 100, and the no fatalities in 2013-15 does consider fatalities due to injuries.

ReputationRep:
    Shame about the voice, thought the best person didn't win, but it was entertaining for the most part, only show of it's kind I can seem to enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Shame about the voice, thought the best person didn't win, but it was entertaining for the most part, only show of it's kind I can seem to enjoy
    PRSOM
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    IMO Lyrikal or Jorden should have gon on to win so it was obvious that the best person wouldn't win to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    IMO Lyrikal or Jorden should have gon on to win so it was obvious that the best person wouldn't win to me.
    Both were better than Lydia and Johan, I thought Cody was the best however personally
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Both were better than Lydia and Johan, I thought Cody was the best however personally
    TBH Cody didn't really stand out to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    TBH Cody didn't really stand out to me
    Different tastes and all that jazz
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Different tastes and all that jazz
    Probably. It doesn't help that I'm rubish with names though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If anyone finds the person who invented love send them my way .... ... I want to give him a piece of my mind
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    If anyone finds the person who invented love send them my way .... ... I want to give him a piece of my mind
    That would be your lord and saviour

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Your left wing girlfriend broke up with you?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That would be your lord and saviour

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Interesting conspect ...... I'm not religious myself but I will keep that in mind
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Interesting conspect ...... I'm not religious myself but I will keep that in mind
    What's wrong with Raptor Jesus and the FSM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Your left wing girlfriend broke up with you?
    Short answer - No
    Long answer - We obviously have political differences and we like to criticise each other political differences however she has been taking my critism of her beliefs to heart and she is being very difficult .... Probably ladies time of the month as well I'm expressing my annoyance of the current situation
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Short answer - No
    Long answer - We obviously have political differences and we like to criticise each other political differences however she has been taking my critism of her beliefs to heart and she is being very difficult .... Probably ladies time of the month as well I'm expressing my annoyance of the current situation
    That's why you don't touch lefties

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That's why you don't touch lefties

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ture ... I never realise how sensentive some people can be over politics....Jesus im might as well give up having a interest

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4007559&page=2

I'm accidentally pissing off tsr's resident gay extremist. I'm not even sure how tbh lol.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.