The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics May/June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

is the unofficial mark scheme out
Original post by 34908seikj
That they're parallel.

couldn't they have also been part of the same vector as well though as we didn't get the precise point of S
So what did people get for that table question. Where is had like x/4 or something cant even remember 2nd to last Q.
Original post by sv42008
lol no

that point S also satisfies the vector OT (?) so it is the intersection of the two lines.

I'm not sure, i wrote that they intersect but Im pretty sure I was wrong, others said it was parallel, so I just presumed they were right, my bad.
Original post by junayd1998
So what did people get for that table question. Where is had like x/4 or something cant even remember 2nd to last Q.

11 and x=6 and 2
I got 69 degrees, don't remember my working though.

And Pi is a number 3.14...

Is it's 25pi = 25*3.14, so you can't just take it away from 100, without first dealing with Pi. BIDMAS or whatever it's called.

could you not dsay 100- 25pie
Original post by Mahrez
11 and x=6 and 2

I think i failed gg f me please tell me the 5 marker bout that girl i got right she didnt have enough did she? She had 3 she needed 4?
I think i failed gg f me please tell me the 5 marker bout that girl i got right she didnt have enough did she? She had 3 she needed 4?

yes she need 4

It was direct proportion i think when y=k/x squared as y was directly proportional to the square of x. So you had to find the value of k and then substitute it in.
Original post by Mahrez
could you not dsay 100- 25pie

I did... before that post
Original post by AmateurBrainBox
It was direct proportion i think when y=k/x squared as y was directly proportional to the square of x. So you had to find the value of k and then substitute it in.

yeah the constant was 100

ffs I knew direct proportion why did they put it like that.
Reply 312
I did... before that post

you've got the right answer 100-25pi
Original post by Mahrez
yeah the constant was 100

yeah, phew glad i got that one right :smile:
Original post by candol
you've got the right answer 100-25pi

No it asks for it simplified so it would be 25(4-pi) ...............
I made a few inaccuraceys but I am sure I got 90-94%
Reply 316
No it asks for it simplified so it would be 25(4-pi) ...............

Why is that simplified? That's factorised
ffs I knew direct proportion why did they put it like that.

It probably confused you as it wasn't put into words 'y is directly proportional...' as they just wrote x (proportional sign thingy) 1/x squared
Original post by candol
Why is that simplified? That's factorised

But whether you expand a factorised form it is simplified
It probably confused you as it wasn't put into words 'y is directly proportional...' as they just wrote x (proportional sign thingy) 1/x squared

swear it is inversley proportional

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending