I've got a scouse accent lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Southern accent?
    Semi-urban, London* :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Semi-urban, London* :cool:
    No :naughty: it's very posh and what even is a London accent ?

ReputationRep:
    No :naughty: it's very posh
    Hehe, who told you that? To be fair it has improved, over time e.g. the more we've talked, but it's funny when we haven't spoken for a while to hear the street come back into your accent/you forget to speak your best with me! :mmm:

what even is a London accent?
    Anything from old skool cockney through to East London Asian-G and South London "Jamaican patois" (Starkey, 2011)

ReputationRep:
    I speak with a really Northern Cumbrian accent. I sound a bit Manc too apparently to some people which is just weird. I always say 'mate' at the end of things

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, who told you that? To be fair it has improved, over time e.g. the more we've talked, but it's funny when we haven't spoken for a while to hear the street come back into your accent/you forget to speak your best with me! :mmm:

Anything from old skool cockney through to East London Asian-G and South London "Jamaican patois" (Starkey, 2011)
    Quite a few,apparently I sound like a white girl and they dont think I sound ethnic in any way :dontknow:

I always speak properly with you,it's only when I've watched easterners when I'm Abit influenced but generally speaking I've always spoken in a soft,neutral/posh tone of voice,just a plain southern accent

ReputationRep:
    apparently I sound like a white girl and they dont think I sound ethnic in any way :dontknow:
    Well, they're wrong. Nothing wrong in it.. we'll beat it out of you sooner or later :laugh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Just kidding, I actually think it cute/unique, and wouldn't change a thing about the accent you normally use with me

Spoiler:
    Show
    In fact, you speaking posh would be weird/possibly a turn-off :erm:

it's only when I've watched easterners when I'm Abit influenced
    Enjoy that crap while you still can :haughty:

I've always spoken in a soft, neutral/posh tone of voice, just a plain southern accent
    It's more soft, neutral, than owt else, for sure, but also characterised somewhat by urban/ethnic undertones + cute poshness at times

ReputationRep:
    Well, they're wrong. Nothing wrong in it.. we'll beat it out of you sooner or later :laugh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Just kidding, I actually think it cute/unique, and wouldn't change a thing about the accent you normally use with me

Spoiler:
    Show
    In fact, you speaking posh would be weird/possibly a turn-off :erm:

Enjoy that crap while you still can :haughty:

It's more soft, neutral, than owt else, for sure, but also characterised somewhat by urban/ethnic undertones + cute poshness at times
    Oh really? I always thought a posh accent was a turn on..but I'm suprised you think differently of my accent compared with others that know me

Don't worry,I haven't watched it in ages and in fact my accent has changed considerably since we last spoke

I'm a freshie?! :gasp: at least It makes me unique to other girls you've known/speak to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Glaswegian although I have been told it sounds a bit American lol
    :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? I always thought a posh accent was a turn on
    Not for me, unfortunately it has negative connotations a la 'rah'

Don't worry,I haven't watched it in ages and in fact my accent has changed considerably since we last spoke
    Has it indeed :beard:

I'm a freshie?! :gasp:
    :laugh: No dear, I certainly wouldn't put it like that. You're London born and bred

at least It makes me unique to other girls you've known/speak to
    For sure. Never known a girl quite like you - perhaps one day I'll get to know you..

ReputationRep:
    idk

ReputationRep:
    Not for me, unfortunately it has negative connotations a la 'rah'

Has it indeed :beard:

:laugh: No dear, I certainly wouldn't put it like that. You're London born and bred

For sure. Never known a girl quite like you - perhaps one day I'll get to know you..
    Ah I see what you mean.

A lot, indeed!

:confused:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    White surfer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiquidGold)
    RP with a bit of west country
    Arrr matey!

ReputationRep:
    -snip-

ReputationRep:
    German accent. Guten Tag!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.