Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    So something really bad happened yesterday and I can't write it in here. Just not sure what to do.

Don't want to see my mentor tomorrow because I don't want to leave my room. Honestly feel like things just keep getting worse. Every time I think I'm rock bottom, life just throws more **** at me, just dont get why this keeps happening. I don't want this anymore. I'm trying to think positive and do my work and be a good friend and do all this crap like people say. But it doesn't work. ED is still bad, voices won't get lost, I'm getting more hopeless as the days pass, the flashbacks aren't improving...what do I do? ****. It's not like anyone in the medical profession gives a **** about me or they'd try and help, but all they ever talk about when I ask for help is my *****y degree...:sigh:

Sorry, I'm ranting, just so ****ing frustrated. I know I should just go private, but I can't afford it. Even if I did ask my parents, they'd say no because they're worried about money (my brother's wedding is expensive and they're also helping with a deposit on a house). And my dad is obviously one of the main reasons I have all these issues so I don't want to ask him anyway. But by default asking my mum would have to go via him at some point because he's so controlling with money and ****.

All just ****ing stupid and pointless. I feel like I'm drowning.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently going through my first major OCD, depression and panic attack setback since October last year. The conditions are always there every single day but setbacks come back around no matter how well you can deal with each condition.I've been here and even worse before and the important thing is to not count how long each setback lasts, but that you know they always come to an end and with every minute that passes, you're one step closer out of it. I'm writing this just in case anyone feels like I may have been ignoring them or been dry with them the last few days. I haven't, I've just been drained and worn out and I want to talk every second of the day to you all but its hard when you are worn out from constant anxiety and then panics.

I do appreciate every single mail, comment etc and I really am grateful for every single one of you who keep in contact with me and are there for me. I'll be back to my normal self soon

Setbacks can last a day, a week, a month but the main thing is I used to get them every week or 2 and now I'm going over 6 months without one so that is bloody brilliant. Its just left me a bit knocked back because I haven't had one for so long so feel a bit like "eh wtf do I do here?! I forget!". I think its because I haven't been well with migraines for the last few weeks and spent more time with one than without one and then all this crap with my therapist, its all been building up.

So in a nutshell - I am grateful for you all and thanks for being there for me and hope you're all doing well :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    It's my birthday and I can't deal with all the people coming over to my house Voices are too loud.

Would like to apologise to furryface12 for not replying, wasn't really sure what to say thank you for allowing me to pm in the first place though lovely xx
    whilst i'm at it, may as well apologise to all the mods that pm me trying to help cos i'm not trying to be stubborn or anything but i literally can't get 'help' so it isn't like i'm trying to not take your advice, i would do just not in a position to take it

thanks to everyone anyway :hugs: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would like to apologise to furryface12 for not replying, wasn't really sure what to say thank you for allowing me to pm in the first place though lovely xx
    whilst i'm at it, may as well apologise to all the mods that pm me trying to help cos i'm not trying to be stubborn or anything but i literally can't get 'help' so it isn't like i'm trying to not take your advice, i would do just not in a position to take it

thanks to everyone anyway :hugs: x
    Sorry, wasn't a good reply, wasn't really sure what to say either really hope it works out alright though, and always here if I can help at all :hugs: for the second bit, I still haven't either so hardly one to go on at you for it! Do hope you can eventually though, when you're ready

Hope everyone's alright, Pathway and Spock especially. And happy birthday (again) Cinnie! Hope things calm down a bit at some point for you

ReputationRep:
    gonna spoiler this for ranting and period talk

Spoiler:
    Show
    so were currently 5 months into 2016 and iv still had no period. i really do ****ing hate PCOS sometimes. gonna have to get more investigations i think when i get back north. urgh starting everything again.

My boyfriend hasn't spoken to me or been online since Monday and I'm worried and considering calling his house phone... but it makes me really anxious and also I'm worried about seeming needy, or that his family will judge me for phoning

I don't know whether I'm overreacting and that not talking for a few days is actually okay, or whether I'm justified in being worried about him and not being very happy when we go for periods like this without speaking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    gonna spoiler this for ranting and period talk
    Spoiler:
    Show
    so were currently 5 months into 2016 and iv still had no period. i really do ****ing hate PCOS sometimes. gonna have to get more investigations i think when i get back north. urgh starting everything again.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :console: That sucks. Is there anything they can do for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :console: That sucks. Is there anything they can do for you?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pretty much no.
    cant go on the pill due to weight, cant go on metformin as it makes me sick, they wont give me the cream for my excess hair as its not properly accepted, it proper sucks constantly gets me down.

but iv decided depending on where i get moved to, i want to get a bike so i can bike loads of places, and possibly even bike to the swimming pool, go for a swim, and bike back which should help with the weight

ReputationRep:
    Struggling. Meeting with CPN tuesday. Scared to say things due to repercussions.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone around to talk

(Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Is anyone around to talk
    I would talk to you hun but i don't think you know me and i don't know anything about anything anyway so would be quite useless tbh
    Hope you are ok :hugs: i'm sure someone on this pleasant thread will help you <3 x

------------
    Spoiler:
    Show

Manage to resist it for 4 days but gave up last night lol, i don't feel better for doing it but it let some frustration out i suppose

ReputationRep:
    I would talk to you hun but i don't think you know me and i don't know anything about anything anyway so would be quite useless tbh
    Hope you are ok :hugs: i'm sure someone on this pleasant thread will help you <3 x

------------
    Spoiler:
    Show

Manage to resist it for 4 days but gave up last night lol, i don't feel better for doing it but it let some frustration out i suppose
    That's ok :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'm around if you want to talk x

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone around to talk
    What's up? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    What's up? :hugs:
    Worried the government are going to break in. Can't call crisis team and partner is away tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Worried the government are going to break in. Can't call crisis team and partner is away tonight.
    :console: I promise you, they won't. Can you call a friend or family to come over and keep you company for a while? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :console: I promise you, they won't. Can you call a friend or family to come over and keep you company for a while? :hugs:
    No Just got to ride this out.

ReputationRep:
    Make yourself a drink of something and curl up and read a book or watch tv etc. You'll be ok, I know it. :hugs:

I'm around if you want to talk x
    Thank you Airmed
    can i pm? x

:hugs: x

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.