The Student Room Group

Did anyone take AS CIE Chemistry exam today?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hirusha Madushan
Hi!!!...
I resat for the Chem paper today!!!Actually I found this paper much easier than May June paper because no spectroscopy came.

How was it for you??

Relatively easy compared to previous ones:wink: Yeah I was so happy about that! And the last page was a gift, and we got a mechanism! Kp question was interesting...

How come you re-sat?
Original post by FunkyBanana
Relatively easy compared to previous ones:wink: Yeah I was so happy about that! And the last page was a gift, and we got a mechanism! Kp question was interesting...

How come you re-sat?

Last time I expected over 50s for paper 2 but I got just 35 which was unexpected still not sure of how I could lose such a lot of marks.
Last time I expected over 50s for paper 2 but I got just 35 which was unexpected still not sure of how I could lose such a lot of marks.

Eeesh hope that doesn't happen to me hahaha. It's a very tricky course, so hope I pulled it out the hat today
Eeesh hope that doesn't happen to me hahaha. It's a very tricky course, so hope I pulled it out the hat today

What country are you from?? I am from Sri Lanka...
What country are you from?? I am from Sri Lanka...

South Africa-- did you do 22?
South Africa-- did you do 22?

Yeah..22
Came out crying and haven't stopped since. Variant 22 was so weirdly structured and the questions were surprising- my whole yeargroup is basically in shock. For once the organic question was the easiest part! It was tough indeed.
Original post by africa.barakat
Came out crying and haven't stopped since. Variant 22 was so weirdly structured and the questions were surprising- my whole yeargroup is basically in shock. For once the organic question was the easiest part! It was tough indeed.

Feel sorry for you as ionisation energies and the titration questions came directly through from past papers. And for the Kc question you should have guessed and wrote 2n.Questions were very straightforward either.Best of luck for other exams!!!...
We did many, many past papers -I know they were direct. It just wasn't what we had anticipated it would be.
good luck too.
Original post by africa.barakat
We did many, many past papers -I know they were direct. It just wasn't what we had anticipated it would be.
good luck too.

True..
You are a lifesaver man thank you! I was so worried that 2n was wrong! Anyways what was your overall value for kp? Btw good luck for this and all your other exams :smile:
Original post by H-Bhatti
You are a lifesaver man thank you! I was so worried that 2n was wrong! Anyways what was your overall value for kp? Btw good luck for this and all your other exams :smile:
Around 40K Pa, cant remember the exact value...
Ah mine was a bit different. Anyways...
What element did you get in question 1?
Original post by H-Bhatti
Ah mine was a bit different. Anyways...
What element did you get in question 1?

Its Calcium...
Hey guys!!!...How was the Chem practical paper??
You sir have just made my day, thank you! I was worried that I wrote 2n. What was your overall value for Kp? Anyways best of luck in your other exams as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest