(Original post by Lapis.Lazuli)
    Maybe take a few marks off last year's boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You take at least 15-20 marks off??

ReputationRep:
    is 40 marks reasonable for a C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotGambit)
    How many marks do you think we'd get if we followed all those steps but accidently put a - in the wrong place?
    You put a (-) somewhere? Maybe lose 2 accuracy marks, but you'll get the method marks if you did the rest of the method right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCoolVille)
    is 40 marks reasonable for a C?
    I think ( i'm not sure) that 35 is E/D so for C you need at least 45+

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...fume-after-be/

It's starting.

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries are going to be around 57-59 for an A, I think anything lower would be a bit too optimistic as you have to take into account the fact that C1 is the most popular exam for retakes, so a lot of Y13 students would have taken it, which usually increases the grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logic4Life)
    For the completing the square question I goofed up.
    The question was -2x^2+12x+4 but I took the values to the other side and got 2x^2-12x-4 and I completed the square. How many marks will I get. Also will I get error carried forward for the next question asking for the maximum point?
    I did exactly the same. Probably lost 3 marks, which then rolls on to the other question which was another 2 marks, which is annoying if they dont have ECF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyCommie)
    The grade boundaries are going to be around 57-59 for an A, I think anything lower would be a bit too optimistic as you have to take into account the fact that C1 is the most popular exam for retakes, so a lot of Y13 students would have taken it, which usually increases the grade boundaries.
    I don't know if they'll be that high, looking back the lowest grade boundary I've seen is 54, and that was still an easier paper. So might be at 55/56

ReputationRep:
    Then what do you expect? No one knows for sure. Speculating is a waste of time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Answers: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4096521

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about what they say, you're correct.
    technically, it is 0<r<3√5 -5 (not sure if they'll require you to say r>0)

NB 3√5 = √45
    thanks, that's reassuring. From previous markschemes I've see questions like this usually allow the r>0 but don't take marks off if you don't have it

ReputationRep:
    is a stretch parallel to x axis of scale factor 2
    THE SAME AS
    a stretch parallel to Y axis of 1/2?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain why there is a -5 in 0<r<root45 -5 I thought the radius was just root 45?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    I don't know if they'll be that high, looking back the lowest grade boundary I've seen is 54, and that was still an easier paper. So might be at 55/56
    I really want it to be lower than 54 but I just have a feeling that it won't... There's no doubting it was the hardest C1 to date, so if it shows in the marks, i'm sure OCR will be forgiving

ReputationRep:
    I really want it to be lower than 54 but I just have a feeling that it won't... There's no doubting it was the hardest C1 to date, so if it shows in the marks, i'm sure OCR will be forgiving
    Yes same, but it also depends on how everyone did. Looking at the unofficial mark scheme I think I got less than 50, so looking at a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsouza22neeson)
    Can someone explain why there is a -5 in 0<r<root45 -5 I thought the radius was just root 45?
    the radius is √45, but the question asked you to find a range of values for the radius of the smaller circle, and the way to do that is to find the difference between the radius of the circle (√45) and the distance from the centre of the the circle at (4,3) to the origin (0,0), which is 5.
    Hence √45 - 5
    also don't forget that r cannot be 0 so 0<r<√45 - 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Yes same, but it also depends on how everyone did. Looking at the unofficial mark scheme I think I got less than 50, so looking at a B
    What kind of marks were you getting in the other past papers? because I'm pretty sure people who have been getting 70/72 have completely bummed this paper, so don't sweat it, perhaps more people did badly than you think

ReputationRep:
    What kind of marks were you getting in the other past papers? because I'm pretty sure people who have been getting 70/72 have completely bummed this paper, so don't sweat it, perhaps more people did badly than you think
    I suppose averaging around 67? Haha thank you

ReputationRep:
    the radius is √45, but the question asked you to find a range of values for the radius of the smaller circle, and the way to do that is to find the difference between the radius of the circle (√45) and the distance from the centre of the the circle at (4,3) to the origin (0,0), which is 5.
    Hence √45 - 5
    also don't forget that r cannot be 0 so 0<r<√45 - 5
    Sorry i still don't understand cos i cant remember how the diagram looked, was 0,0 inside the circle?

ReputationRep:
    That won't make a difference unless everyone who did the exam did bad. They can't just lower the grade boundaries if a few people found it difficult. I know of people who found this exam a walk in the park and lets just hope this is only the minority. The exam boards make it so every year the same percentage/proportion of people get A's. If the highest marks are around 50 for the MAJORITY then OCR will have no choice but to set the mark for an A at 50 to ensure the proportion of students getting A's doesn't drop.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.