Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemari1)
    they do give error carried forward marks, I will get them I think, now I've seen some mark schemes
    Hey! thats good then

ReputationRep:
    So what do we reckon guys? 43 for an A??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Let's hope!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody do OCR chemistry, AQA physics or OCR MEI Further Maths? Predictions for A* grade boundaries/full ums? My Predictions:F324 A*: 54/60F325 A*: 85/100PHYA4 A*: 59/75PHYA5 A*: 60/75DE full ums: 72/72FP1 full ums: 70/72FP2 full ums: 70/72??M2 full ums: 70/72S2 full ums: 72/72S3 full ums: 72/72

ReputationRep:
    OMG Grade boundaries have just been released and I can't believe what I'm seeing ;( http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/322747-...june-2016.pdfI it should have been 48 for an A, not for a C.EDIT: Wrong link. Try this one: http://www.ocr.org.uk/ocr-for/exams-...ts-statistics/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Unfortunately it's 43 but for a D! This is absolutely unbelievable. I hate MEI ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mii11)
    Unfortunately it's 43 but for a D! This is absolutely unbelievable. I hate MEI ;(
    The ******s, how does a boundary of 82% for an A justify a paper that difficult... But I'm not too cross with MEI as C3, C4, FP2, FP3, S3 and S4 are lovely.

ReputationRep:
    wtf..... i was expecting a LOT lower boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    wtf..... i was expecting a LOT lower boundaries.
    Yeah, I was expecting minimum 10 marks lower haha

ReputationRep:
    Got 100 ;p

ReputationRep:
    Got a U (38) on this and had an E (43) last year, despite getting 100 in C4, S4 and FP2...

FP1 just really doesn't agree with me!!

ReputationRep:
    I got 43/72 and should be at least a C! That was the hardest FP1 paper ever, even harder than the January 2013 paper (48 for an A). Bull. I'm in year 12 and resitting it next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam_AFC)
    I got 43/72 and should be at least a C! That was the hardest FP1 paper ever, even harder than the January 2013 paper (48 for an A). Bull. I'm in year 12 and resitting it next year.
    Don't worry. I got a U in FP1 last year (Year 12). I retook it this year and got 98. next year you'll kick yourself as to how easy FP1 is when you've done FP2.

ReputationRep:
    Lol After all I got 88, which is not that bad considering how difficult the paper was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    Got 100 ;p
    You are a genius! Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    I got a ****ing E after doing all of the past papers possible.
    Resitting it next year I guess..

ReputationRep:
    I know this is an old thread, but I just did this paper as a mock and I really didn't get one of the questions.
    I believe it was question (7)(iv):
    "Write down the roots of the equation f(w/j)."
    There was no reference to any equation involving w in the rest of section B. I just wanted to check what it was actually looking for.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don John)
    OCR MEI FP1 Thread - AM 20th May 2016

I didn't see any other 2016 threads for this module, please let me know if one is already established!

Timetable (skip to page 9)

---

Also, I've written an Enhanced Examination Paper for this module, specifically including MEI questions to help you all

It is meant to be a significantly more challenging examination of general concepts specified by different boards. It is fully doable for students with knowledge of standard FP1, C1, and C2 material.

Being able to make a good start on all of the questions is a good indicator that you are on track to a strong A in this module.

https://www.furthermathstutor.co.uk/fp1_enhanced.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions on the paper.
    I know this is a really old thread but I did this paper as a mock. Could anyone PLEASE help me with that last question, if you even remember it. As far as I remember it was:

45/(39*41*43) + 46/(40*42*44) + 47/(41*43*45) + ... + 105/(99*101*103)
    with NO formula whatsoever.

The reason I can't do it is because I've only been taught how to do method of differences when there is a given formula, but what I wrote above was the entire question.
    I get my mock back tomorrow before it gets marked, so I still have a chance to do it right. I asked my friends who sat this paper as well as the TSR Maths forum and everyone said it can't be done.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.