Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I've seen:
    GS/MS/Citi/Nomura/JPM/Barc

And of course all the off cycle schemes at various banks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you sure about JPM? I just read the description of the SA position and it says "you must be a penultimate-year university student"

Maybe they changed this year..

ReputationRep:
    Is it pointless to apply without relevant work experience and finance-related ECs? Studying at a target with top GPA at least... I know I'm dumb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    *only for some positions at some locations
    IBD London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingSweden)
    Would just like to inform everyone that JPM has opened their application.
    Barclays and UBS too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    Does anyone remember from last year which banks allow to apply for SA as a final year student?
    Pretty sure Blackstone do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Barclays and UBS too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    add MS and CS too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAX)
    Are you sure about JPM? I just read the description of the SA position and it says "you must be a penultimate-year university student"

My friend just graduated and is doing a summer internship but he is doing an MSc after.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know anyone who has landed a BB summer internship from a non-target uni? I'm at Sussex University, so decent but not target. I did manage to get a spring week with Canaccord and was the only non-Cambridge/Warwick student on it, but GS (which I applied to the other day) is probably a long shot. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    My friend just graduated and is doing a summer internship but he is doing an MSc after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well of course. If you are in your final year and next year you´ll start a MSc you will be treated like a penultimate year student everywhere. But I am starting my MSc this year.

No probs will just apply to Grad. Higher Risk - Reward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    Pretty sure Blackstone do.
    Blackstone PE or former advisory (PJT) ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAX)
    Blackstone PE or former advisory (PJT) ??
    This is based on me wanting to apply last year and noticing it, and I wouldn't have applied for advisory, so most likely PE.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know anyone who has landed a BB summer internship from a non-target uni? I'm at Sussex University, so decent but not target. I did manage to get a spring week with Canaccord and was the only non-Cambridge/Warwick student on it, but GS (which I applied to the other day) is probably a long shot. Thoughts?
    It is obviously more difficult, specially the top firms like GS. Tier 2-3 BB more possible, still challenging. Apply everywhere and get experience. If you are really focused do a MSc in a top school after graduation.

I know a few guys that went to totally non-target unis and ended up in a top 3 BB after a relevant internship and a top MSc. One did internship in Canaccord the year before if I am not mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAX)
    It is obviously more difficult, specially the top firms like GS. Tier 2-3 BB more possible, still challenging. Apply everywhere and get experience. If you are really focused do a MSc in a top school after graduation.

I know a few guys that went to totally non-target unis and ended up in a top 3 BB after a relevant internship and a top MSc. One did internship in Canaccord the year before if I am not mistaken.
    OK cool, thanks. Pretty much same thoughts as me. I intend on doing a finance-based MSc at a top business school so hopefully that'll give me a head-start going into graduate positions.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how many JP summer internships you can apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAX)

Yeah, definitely both summer and off cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there have been plenty before and I'm sure plenty going forward. I'd suggest networking, like now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAX)

I know people from Man Met and London Southbank who are in FO at BBs, no Masters at all even.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Found an email from JPM HR which says for summer, you MUST be one year away from graduation (whether that be undergrad or MSc).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spring week thread isn't quite kicking off yet, so...
    Does anyone know of any open SWs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Clockwork Apple)
    Spring week thread isn't quite kicking off yet, so...
    Does anyone know of any open SWs?
    You could post this in the SW thread to kick it off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.