Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    I got it wrong
    I just listed them not a full paragraph
    I wrote speech codes, intellectual development and working class subcultures
    Argh
    Listing them should be fine, usually is, as long as you gave a full example and keyword to demonstrate your point. I wrote about 2 sentences to each as I found it was hard to go straight to the point. Speech codes and intellectual development is fine, not sure about subcultures.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaH97)
    Surely we would get marked for postal questionnaires tough? You can mail people questionnaires in the post, so..

For the six marker I put:
    - Speech codes
    - intellectual stimulation
    - cultural capital: is this one right?

Also, I focused a lot on more on the achievement of girls for the gender question, but i contrasted reasons for girls' achievement with explaning why boys underachieve because of said reasons (such as feminisation of teaching - girls have lots of role models - achieve. Lack of male teachers means that boys do not have positive role models to aspire to - don't see value of education - underachieve) Will I loose marks for not focusing more on boys?
    I believe that your six marker is correct as I wrote the exam same points
    And on the essay wrote I the same thing however when contrasting with girls of the points I also used was that boys are overconfident and cocky which means that they overestimate their potential whilst girls underestimate therefore working harder.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh well time to move on to units 3 and 4
    So we can pick up marks

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh well time to move on to units 3 and 4
    So we can pick up marks
    Same, I got a D last year in AS and don't think I'll do any better than this year and I need a C for university. ..

So...at least 2B's at A2 needed? Last year I was 2 UMS off C overall so.. would that be enough? I hope I've done better in my AS this year but after today. .it's not looking good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    Same, I got a D last year in AS and don't think I'll do any better than this year and I need a C for university. ..

So...at least 2B's at A2 needed? Last year I was 2 UMS off C overall so.. would that be enough? I hope I've done better in my AS this year but after today. .it's not looking good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It seems you have done well tbh
    Your answers seem good

ReputationRep:
    It seems you have done well tbh
    Your answers seem good
    I forgot everything about ethnicity and gender for the essays.. I wrote 3 paragraphs for each and that is it..

I can't get my offer that's it (

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    I forgot everything about ethnicity and gender for the essays.. I wrote 3 paragraphs for each and that is it..

I can't get my offer that's it (

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Quality over quantity
    I did the same as you tbh
    Not confident at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thebeast97)
    I think the exam questions were quite nice, but I didn't get to finish methods in context. Also the 6 marker on education made me think a while

Can't believe we had mailed questionnaires as the 20 marker for research methods, it was so nice :O
    So. . .Just to confirm you thought it was nice, yeah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iliftweights)
    did anyone else do the health and research methods section?
    noooooopeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassntai)
    That went ok but I only did 3 paragraphs for the gender question. I honestly only did revision last night so I surprised myself with how much I knew.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only 3 paragraphs? There was literally so much you could've put from External > Internal and Subject Identity etc etc :O .. How many pages did you write then?

ReputationRep:
    Was mailed questionnaires emailed ones? Most of my class thought it was postal lool
    I guess we failed
    It is postal q'aires.

ReputationRep:
    Quality over quantity
    Not confident at all
    I revised ethnicity so much and then I just forgot it because I was shocked to see it on the paper AGAIN after it being on so many times. And then gender, I was just so annoyed and forgot everything. I wrote about girls achievement and that's it really.

Family went dreadful, no chance I get my uni offer now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samz15)
    Wouldn't they say email questionarres then?
    Yep, that'd be the presumption.

ReputationRep:
    I got it wrong
    I just listed them not a full paragraph
    I wrote speech codes, intellectual development and working class subcultures
    Argh
    Appears that AQA conference was pretty useless for you then?

ReputationRep:
    Overall, I thought that was okay - I spent way too long on the gender question though, the names of researchers totally escaped me!
    I interpreted mailed questionnaires as postal... it must be postal but AQA just decided to word it weirdly

(Original post by Thebeast97)
    Is sample attrition a disadvantage of longitudinal studies?
    I put that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaH97)
    Surely we would get marked for postal questionnaires tough? You can mail people questionnaires in the post, so..

For the six marker I put:
    - Speech codes
    - intellectual stimulation
    - cultural capital: is this one right?

Also, I focused a lot on more on the achievement of girls for the gender question, but i contrasted reasons for girls' achievement with explaning why boys underachieve because of said reasons (such as feminisation of teaching - girls have lots of role models - achieve. Lack of male teachers means that boys do not have positive role models to aspire to - don't see value of education - underachieve) Will I loose marks for not focusing more on boys?
    Probably won't lose any marks because there has been a lot more changes to Education that does benefit girls compared to boys. :-) Should be OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwserg)
    I believe that your six marker is correct as I wrote the exam same points
    And on the essay wrote I the same thing however when contrasting with girls of the points I also used was that boys are overconfident and cocky which means that they overestimate their potential whilst girls underestimate therefore working harder.
    Just because you both wrote the same doesn't make it 'correct', you do know that, right?

ReputationRep:
    Quality over quantity
    Not confident at all
    But the fact that the question was so holistic, in that it didn't specify external or internal you could of written so much. So as long as you've tackled a variety of factors then I guess it should be alright.

ReputationRep:
    The paper wasn't that bad guyss I thought the methods in context was super generous and gender differences there was loaaads you could talk about and the hell is everyone saying about email?? I swear its postal I've never even heard of emailed questionnaires...

ReputationRep:
    Oh and super gutted marxiam didn't come up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.