The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laith k
What and you find blaming everything on god a convincing reason for everything that goes wrong in your life its not like god made your sister purposely fail or make her pass it was down to her your the one trying to find excuses to avoid the undeniable truth.

no, your trying to avoid the undeniable truth that there is no god who helps you with exams or answers prayers. You just make crap excuses to try and explain this but it just doesn't cut the mustard
Had a Statistics exam last year during ramadaan . Expected to fail...like real bad but ended with an A. Truly a Miracle. Wished all my exams this year were during Ramadaan not looking good for me so far . pray for me guys and I pray that Allah swt guides us all
Reply 302
Original post by Anonymous
no, your trying to avoid the undeniable truth that there is no god who helps you with exams or answers prayers. You just make crap excuses to try and explain this but it just doesn't cut the mustard

erm nah u just have a really twisted idea of thinking god will physically do stuff for u which obviously will not happen.
Original post by laith k
erm nah u just have a really twisted idea of thinking god will physically do stuff for u which obviously will not happen.

no I don't stop lying. I replied to someone who says that allah helps with exams when he clearly doesn't. Those who do well do well because of their intelligence or the ease of exam paper, not allah. Otherwise you can't explain how those who revise and pray still fail and you can't explain them how non muslims do well who don't believe or pray. All of this just points to the fact that it's it's us and the human world who determine things, not god
Original post by laith k
I agree praying to god isnt going to make him live ur sister life for her nor does it mean he is going to give her super knowledge over night its stupid for someone to think that they can just pray to god and think that he will make them pass there exams with putting any revision in what would be the point if whenever we wanted something we just prayed to god and it happened it would just make our life pointless with no test to determine weather or not we deserve to go to heaven. Furthermore there could be several reason for his sister failing lack of revision, bad day, relying all on god, or maybe just a test from god to test out where her faith really stands to see weather or not she would stop believing in him. Furthermore what did happen could have been for the better it might not be so apparent now but no one has seen her future or what is waiting for here all we know is that events like that really test how strong someones belief is.

Exactly! Point made. It also depends on what you do as well. Maybe his sister wasn't giving everything she had yeah?
x.
Original post by laith k
look mate i said there could be several reasons to why she failed secondly you have to realsie praying is not so you can make wishes for yourself if that is your intention every time you pray then your prayer is all wrong thirdly all your duahs wont come true, but all of them will be answered.. there is a HUGE difference between coming true and answered.. for example.. If I pray for a million dollars.. Allah wont plop down a bag of gold on me right then and there.. BUT He will answer my prayer in the way He sees is best.. maybe you need money and are in financial trouble.. you leave Hajj, go home and are fired from your job.. You are thinking. OMG how is this the answer to my duah... Well then the next day you get a call from another employer that offers you better salary and perks that your previous employer.. This is a type of way Allah answers us.. Sometimes also the answer is NO when Allah doesnt feel we need this.. You have to be mature enough to accept the answer that Allah gives you.. but Yes He answers all, just not in the way you think you want.

I totally agree to what you just said. There are different ways in which Allah is going to help you and grant your wishes. He won't just directly just pour it down on you like that. The dua's you ask should also be mature enough for them to be granted. Not all your dua's will be granted right away or some might not even be granted, but Allah has given us his word that he answers each and everyone one of ours duas. And those not granted in this material world will be granted in Paradise.
Yes they're. They are not allowed to eat everyday from sundown to sunset. Allowed to eat anytime after that and it is only for a month so muslims can appreciate life and to get an night of how its to be poor with no food.
Some people seriously think muslims don't eat a whole month; how it that possible?
Original post by colourlessness
Exactly! Point made. It also depends on what you do as well. Maybe his sister wasn't giving everything she had yeah?
x.

No, not 'exactly'. She gave everything she has and you're just coming up with excuses when there's an example of someone contradicting the rubbish you said about god helping ppl if they pray and work. there is no god who helps anyone and your crap excuses at trying to explain these things away aren't convincing anyone
No, not 'exactly'. She gave everything she has and you're just coming up with excuses when there's an example of someone contradicting the rubbish you said about god helping ppl if they pray and work. there is no god who helps anyone and your crap excuses at trying to explain these things away aren't convincing anyone

Oh well, Okay then. She gave everything she had didn't she, mate? Well, your sister ain't the only one who sacrificed her all for her university. Many other people have too sacrificed almost their lives. They pray to god and give all their best just like your sister did. And after so many years of all this hard work, they too gained nothing. But they still believe in God. This is a true story of someone who is also very special to me. But you know? This person never gives up on his faith in god. He never questions. He has been through so much for decades. He lost his parents. His employer discriminates against him. People are so unfair to him and he wasn't particularly noticed for his talents anywhere. He did too, once, try so hard to get into uni, but no. He still has hopes that someday Allah will help him and grant his wishes. And even though he may doubt that, he believes that something great awaits him in the future. Or maybe even in Paradise, if not here. And even through all the hardships, he makes the best out of his life. And he is grateful for the life God has given him because he knows there are people living in worse situations than him. My friend, not everything gets granted to you right away. And even though she worked hard, trust me, everything eventually gets better.

It's been quoted, "The one who earns his livelihood by the sweat of brow is a friend of Allah". This is a hadith.
I'd call it stupidity instead of admiration when every year there are reports of muslims in those countries dying from dehydration. They sacrificed their life for a silly superstition.........

Dear brothers and sisters leave this person they have commited kufr. Leave them in their drunken kufr. Just make dua that allah guides them.
I have so many exams in June so there' no way that I can
Original post by Itsme15
Dear brothers and sisters leave this person they have commited kufr. Leave them in their drunken kufr. Just make dua that allah guides them.

making takfir on other muslims is a sin in itself so your committing kufr right now
right back at ya ! :wink:

No. It just stops at you.
I was born into a muslim family, wouldn't consider myself a practicing Muslim at all. Last Ramadan i didn't fast i secretly ate when no one was around and i'm planning to do the same this year too as Ramadan approaches in a few weeks time. What are your thoughts on this? Do any fellow 'muslims' do this too? I know it's bad but i really don't see the point in fasting if i don't even practice the religion...? If you're a non muslims what are your thoughts on my decision? Just curious :smile:

If I did fast I would never do that most of the time this year I probably won't fast due to exams as I would have a higher chance of failing
I know i'm gonna end up in hell... It's not like i'm an atheist i do believe there's a god and still believe Islam is THE religion etc. but i just don't practice it...

3 letters : kys
making takfir on other muslims is a sin in itself so your committing kufr right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are right, but if that person is refusing to do a pillar of islam and is calling allah a fairy and saying they dont care about islam and saying that allah is a celestrial being and saying that allah does not help a person and does not answer the duas that is kufr. You can read their comments carefuly and you will notice their kufr statements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Calling the deen of allah a silly superstition isnt that kufr?
why have muslims invaded the uk?
Original post by aeroline1999
Well I'm an atheist so I think its a good thing. Ideally I would want people of all faiths to reject the religious oppression and become enlightened by the teachings of science and reason. So yeah, good for you, I commend you. Although I'm deeply disturbed you should have to do it secretly, I think its your choice and your choice alone. Nobody, not even other family members has the right to force religion onto other people. You shouldn't feel in anyway guilty or ashamed about not fasting. Its unhealthy anyway, from a biological perspective. Personally, I come from a Catholic/ Protestant family but my parents are both pretty relaxed about religion, never really been to Church although I used to go to a church group on Fridays after school when I was in primary school. I've never believed in god and probably never will. Although to be fair, sometimes I wish there was a god and a heaven because its much more comforting than the thought that when we die thats the end. We just get eaten by maggots then eventually millions of years from now our grave will fall into the sun then billions of years after that even the atoms the we are made of may no longer "exist" as energy across the universe transforms into a state of equilibrium. Although on the other hand, the universe is a beautiful and wonderful place, and I guess I sort of believe in reincarnation in that when we die, the atoms that make us become part of other organisms like bacteria or birds or worms etc and they get eaten by other organisms ect and eventually the atoms might become part of a human again. Anyway, I digress, yeah I think not fasting is absolutely fine, you shouldn't feel pressured into doing it.

So why did darwin convert on his death bed to Christianity?
please explain
Why would you even do that? If you're not a 'practicing' muslim then why pretend to fast. You should do lesser of two evils by not fasting in the first place than pretending to fast and breaking the fast. Honestly, just tell you're mum to slap you with a jutha.
p.s tell your dad to get you married to your auntie's cousin sister's daughter -_-

Quick Reply

Latest