Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    Guys, I know I have 240 UMS in AS Maths, if I got a E on this M2 exam, so I will have total UMS = 240 + 40 = 280 UMS. What do I have to get in C3 and C4 to get A overall or B?
    100 UMS in both c3 and c4
    Cause you need 480/600 to get an A

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think the paper looked weird af but was alright if you applied your mechanics. I can never do centre of mass questions anyways so I probably got that wrong (oh well). Other than that the paper was super non-standard with a lot of weird questions. Also anyone who did FP2 will understand that p,q and r and no longer part of my alphabet as they are disgusting letters and should be killed with fire.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help?

For 4a) I got 0.8299 or whatever it was and then rounded it wrong somehow to write 0.823. Will I lose the A1 mark or will they see the answer as 0.8299 and look no further?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitromeguy)
    Answers to edexcel m2 uk paper
    1 a) 4ms-2 b) 11/3
    2) P =4900 R = 784 d= 53.1
    3) c= 10/3
    4) x =0.83m, angle 113.6
    5) a) friction = (5gdsinthetacostheta)/4
    Reaction= (5g/4)(4-dcos^2theta)
    b) d = 2.56m
    6)a) lambda = 30/7 b) speed 10.4 angle 73.6
    7) a) Va = 3u/20 Vb = 21u/10 b) e=1/14 c) no since moving at same speed in same direction
    agree with all appart from 4. i got 0.495 and 122 degrees i think but centre of masses are my weakest point

ReputationRep:
    Poll for the UK paper: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4171568

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarshaPeed)
    Marks for each Question:
    1a) 8
    1b) 5
    2a)6
    2b)4
    3)6
    4a) 5
    4b) 4
    5a) 8
    5b) 4
    6a) 6
    6b)7
    7a)7
    7b) 3
    7c) 2
    You are my new favourite person. Thank you soooo much 😊

ReputationRep:
    Weird but doable paper, it was okay, probably 67 for A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie Wilczek)
    100 UMS in both c3 and c4
    Cause you need 480/600 to get an A
    Personally I think the paper looked weird af but was alright if you applied your mechanics. I can never do centre of mass questions anyways so I probably got that wrong (oh well). Other than that the paper was super non-standard with a lot of weird questions. Also anyone who did FP2 will understand that p,q and r and no longer part of my alphabet as they are disgusting letters and should be killed with fire.
    Please post ur workings to see if i got them. Im so worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tb3636)
    agree with all appart from 4. i got 0.495 and 122 degrees i think but centre of masses are my weakest point
    73.3 or 73.6 please do the calc again it was ->>>>>3ms and 10 down so arctan 10/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lilypad1)
    No, don't worry! That was seriously scary, I skipped nearly all the questions at first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, that's reassuring 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linaxq)
    sadly i got the same and its wrong they wanted it from 2 to 3 sec not 0 to 3
    I did the same, how many marks do u think we would lose out of 5? I reckon we could be given at least 2 - for integrating currently and finding the value at t=3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitromeguy)
    Answers to edexcel m2 uk paper
    1 a) 4ms-2 b) 11/3
    2) P =4900 R = 784 d= 53.1
    3) c= 10/3
    4) x =0.83m, angle 113.6
    5) a) friction = (5gdsinthetacostheta)/4
    Reaction= (5g/4)(4-dcos^2theta)
    b) d = 2.56m
    6)a) lambda = 30/7 b) speed 10.4 angle 73.6
    7) a) Va = 3u/20 Vb = 21u/10 b) e=1/14 c) no since moving at same speed in same direction
    73.3 or 73.6 please do the calc again it was ->>>>>3ms and 10 down so arctan 10/3

ReputationRep:
    Oops, I expressed the angle as a bearing so I did '73+90=163 as a bearing'.

ReputationRep:
    This paper was really bad. had to skip questions 4 and 7 completely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linaxq)
    It was 73.3 degrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1asdfghjkl1)
    I did the same, how many marks do u think we would lose out of 5? I reckon we could be given at least 2 - for integrating currently and finding the value at t=3?
    hope so maybe 1-2 most likely 1

ms normally says something like integrated by itself or between something then it goes on to say subbed in 3 etc idk hopefully 2 but 1 most likely

ReputationRep:
    I feel you! I ****ed that up on fp2 but when I saw them today I was like "not today mofos! I got this" 😂

ReputationRep:
    Poll for the UK paper: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4171568

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who got 0.28m for the centre of mass. Also if this is wrong but I did the right method for the angle can I get all four follow through marks? My angle was 128 btw.

ReputationRep:
    Welp, I said gravity acted sideways, messed up all of Q6 for me.
    Q4 I messed up my COM ending with me getting 70 degrees as overall angle.
    Q1 last part I said between 3 and 4 not 2 and 3.
    Apart from that it went OK.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.