Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RME11)
    Was sulfur mate, the jump was on the 7th electron removed and sulfur only has 6 in its valence shell.
    Couldn't you argue that it was Argon? Argon has 8 electrons in it's outer shell and when 6 are ionised and removed, it sees a huge spike in ionisation energies as the next two being removed are from the 3s orbital?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultracrepidarian)
    yeah you converted it by x1000 right?
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RME11)
    Chain: 2-Methylpropene
    Position: But-2-ene
    Functional gr: Cyclobutane
    (Original post by RME11)
    Chain: 2-Methylpropene
    Position: But-2-ene
    Functional gr: Cyclobutane
    Please tell me you didn't have to write the name too jut draw right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MotorboatMyGoat)
    Agreed
    Yeah think I got 2,2,4 although im not the best at remembering what I put haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newt1)
    you could say oxygen deviates for the question about which element deviates the trend in period 3
    Oxygen isnt in period 3

ReputationRep:
    My mark scheme i made
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post65233395

ReputationRep:
    For the third last question I divided by 1000 instead of multiplying. So I got a mass of 1.065kg. How many marks do you think I lost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newt1)
    you could say oxygen deviates for the question about which element deviates the trend in period 3
    Oxygen is in period 2 not period 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User2334541)
    Couldn't you argue that it was Argon? Argon has 8 electrons in it's outer shell and when 6 are ionised and removed, it sees a huge spike in ionisation energies as the next two being removed are from the 3s orbital?
    It was 3+fold increase, dropping a subshell won't cause that much of a hike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batmansdad)
    Please tell me you didn't have to write the name too jut draw right?
    yeah it was just drawing it out
    but it had to be displayed showing all the bonds especially in the chain isomer!

ReputationRep:
    can someone please help me with the percentage yield question if you can remember how x

ReputationRep:
    Went through a paper with my teacher and got the yield to be 79.2%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisss)
    It was either sulphur or aluminium

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisss)
    i mean sulfur sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newt1)
    can someone please help me with the percentage yield question if you can remember how x
    Was 47% or something If i remember right, the theoretical yield was 2kg and the actual yield was a little under half.

ReputationRep:
    For the last question would u have to write it in grams of kg

ReputationRep:
    thing is I'm wearing out of date contact lenses so they're not quite clear. I misread the period 3 as period 2 . Can I do anything about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethey180)
    I talked about polar molecules, charge clouds, and the set up of temporary dipoles
    Reckon id get any marks for talking about an attraction between bonds and sayin that vw are the strengths within the bond

ReputationRep:
    Also I got yield to be around 49%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emsieMC)
    thing is I'm wearing out of date contact lenses so they're not quite clear. I misread the period 3 as period 2 . Can I do anything about this?
    I don't think you can im afraid! You should've worn glasses! I always do in exams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.