Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Oh give it a rest, not everything is a science or math project - logic doesn't even come into it. People get married because they love and are committed to eachother. Children come secondary to that.
    Parents often pay for a big slice of weddings. So why do parents want grandchildren?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tira-h...b_3193677.html

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-our-par...so-desperately

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...2165047AAGj7tX

I could go on and on page after page

ReputationRep:
    To perpetuate the supposed gay genes through forcing those with it into child producing heterosexual sex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordoftheties)
    Y'all finished or y'all done? Homosexuality is not natural - period. Personally I am wholly against it for the reasons many have pointed out already in this thread. Having said that, I wouldn't wish any harm be it emotional or physical on any homosexual person; just don't be gay around my young siblings or anyone close to me that may be influenced by you. As I said, the main issue with homosexuality is that it isn't natural, and it would eventually lead to the extinction of our race by way of that characteristic.
    Are you from the 1920's? Or Saudi Arabia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    theres no reason whatsoever, everybody should be free to love who they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Bright Eyes)
    Ignorant fear is not a good reason to ban something.
    Nor is religion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope you have gay children. You'll understand the complete irrationality of your mindset and understand just how unreasonable you are.

Now go on jacking off to lesbians because you're a hypocrite. Adieu.

This makes you homophobic.
    I have to say you're one of the most childish people I've ever talked to.
    'I hope you have gay children'? Seriously? Can't you just admit different people have different views on things and that's just something you have to accept without swearing every other post and completely dismissing other people's views?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Are you from the 1920's? Or Saudi Arabia?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aren't you being a little racist? People can have different views, they don't all have to accept homosexuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grand High Witch)
    I will take that as an admission that you are unable to respond to my arguments.
    You're being just as childish saying that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audrey_lh)
    Aren't you being a little racist? People can have different views, they don't all have to accept homosexuality.
    Why racist? It's one thing to be intolerant but you're talking about homosexuality as though it's s contagious disease

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Why racist? It's one thing to be intolerant but you're talking about homosexuality as though it's s contagious disease

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Saudi Arabia? Why automatically assume Saudi Arabians are all homophobic? (I'm not Saudi Arabian myself but just saying)

ReputationRep:
    N'aww, poor you - getting uncomfortable. Go back to living in the bubble mummy and daddy created for you.
    Seriously stop being so childish, this is a debate and everyone is free to have their own views- you shouldn't dismiss that by just mocking them.

ReputationRep:
    Y'all finished or y'all done? Homosexuality is not natural - period. Personally I am wholly against it for the reasons many have pointed out already in this thread. Having said that, I wouldn't wish any harm be it emotional or physical on any homosexual person; just don't be gay around my young siblings or anyone close to me that may be influenced by you. As I said, the main issue with homosexuality is that it isn't natural, and it would eventually lead to the extinction of our race by way of that characteristic.
    It is natural, though.

There are over 1500 species of animal which exhibit homosexuality, and if you look back a page or two on this thread, you'll see the theory which justifies homosexuality as having an evolutionary benefit.

ReputationRep:
    Saudi Arabia? Why automatically assume Saudi Arabians are all homophobic? (I'm not Saudi Arabian myself but just saying)
    Because the country is known for its intolerance across the board on many social policies?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously stop being so childish, this is a debate and everyone is free to have their own views- you shouldn't dismiss that by just mocking them.
    I treat childishness with childishness.

ReputationRep:
    You're being just as childish saying that.
    So, somebody saying another's irrational view which they cannot defend, is not a response to the personms argument, is childish? Seriously, buy a dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say you're one of the most childish people I've ever talked to.
    'I hope you have gay children'? Seriously? Can't you just admit different people have different views on things and that's just something you have to accept without swearing every other post and completely dismissing other people's views?
    The guy is bigoted and hateful. I do not respect harmful views. I respect genuine opinions on both sides of the playing field.

It is not childish to say I hope he has gay kids because I want him to realise how out of line he is.

You should grow up if you can't handle that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Parents often pay for a big slice of weddings. So why do parents want grandchildren?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tira-h...b_3193677.html

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-our-par...so-desperately

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...2165047AAGj7tX

I could go on and on page after page
    No. Just, no. This does not even validate your ridiculous assertion.

(Original post by green.tea)
    To perpetuate the supposed gay genes through forcing those with it into child producing heterosexual sex?
    Right... your backwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    control spread of AIDS
    Yeah, okay, because banning it would totally do that and because heterosexuals are not the largest carrier group or anything.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

The level of bigotry makes me crack-up :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, okay, because banning it would totally do that and because heterosexuals are not the largest carrier group or anything.
    yeah that was just a joke

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.