Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should Donald Trump ban Muslim from coming to the US? He renews Muslim ban Watch

• View Poll Results: Should he?
    yes
    23.87%
    no
    76.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    EVEN IF TRUE, it does tell you something that what comes to your mind when thinking of violence in Christianity is merely the burning of a few books.
    Well those few books were the culture of the Mayans and their history and all their achievements. I don't know about you but I find the destruction of cultures to be an abhorrent thing. I am sure there are other examples of Christians killing others, you're bound to find a crazy king or emperor or pope in the long history of Christianity. I am going to leave that point to others to make because my knowledge of history would not be sufficient for me to make any serious point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lujubi)
    The reason why I am not taking you seriously about the claim of "1 in 5 Syrians support ISIS" is because it CAME from that article. I have just proven than the article used a source that was biased and had an anti-Muslim agenda. What can't you understand?

Are you trying to tell me that, I, a Muslim, don't know about Islam and that you are suddenly an expert on Islam? I don't know about anyone else but it's clear you're a bitter Islamophobe. I suggest you get rid of all your hatred by going outside for a bit. Clearly your choice of articles and your news source is feeding you with extremism.

On the subject of the article:
    You believe black people supported the KKK.

Driven by ideology perhaps?

Okay, so this hasn't proven anything. This so-called new KKK claims that it has had a "shaky" (an understatement) past i.e. it was a group of racist who preyed on minorities like Black people. That doesn't change anything. You just proved my point that a black person in the 1960s would have not joined the organisation.

By the way, NewsNerd is satire which means none of it is true. LOL.

What a troll you are. Don't expect a reply from me.
    You win! You said the word "Islamophobe" Congratulations!Unfortunately you miss out on the bonus prize, as you didn't say the word "racist", sorry about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    Well those few books were the culture of the Mayans and their history and all their achievements. I don't know about you but I find the destruction of cultures to be an abhorrent thing. I am sure there are other examples of Christians killing others, you're bound to find a crazy king or emperor or pope in the long history of Christianity. I am going to leave that point to others to make because my knowledge of history would not be sufficient for me to make any serious point.

That much is obvious.

Just ensure that when you do learn about history, use relatively non-bias sources and not blogs like you sent to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAK123)
    how have they managed to gain so much land and territory and managed to massacre thousands of civilians? by waving their guns around and throwing around explosives?
    the people they send to usa and europe are the morons they recruit from those countries - they arnt soldiers, most are simply loner unemployed students and blue collar fantasists who have had wet dreams about firing a machine gun. islamic forces are known for being cowardly and miltiarly weak - hence why they keep their attacks for 'soft targets' like nightclubs and football stadiu which causes resentment in those societies toward muslims, but in military terms does nothing for any islamic cause. contrast to the americans who have bombed the crap out of IS and previously al queda too and executed over 60,000 islamsit fighters including whole host of their military leaders. how amny american high ranking leaders have IS managed to take out?
    the battles IS have in iraq and syria are fought by professional soldiers who were formally part of saddams army - and they have significant funding from saudi and qatar. even saying that they are no world beating army - they are too scared to go head to head with iran or israeli forces ( who would wipe them out in any conventional war) - they even shy away from gogin head to head with Assads army - most of their successes have come against rag tag mercenaries that makeup the current iraq army, or the tribal villagers of the yaziidi and kurdish ranks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAK123)
    well, the middle eastern countries are effectively owned by the West, because it was the West who put those leaders in their positions - and there coverage is of isis - which are terrorists - but arent muslims

my point was that all these attacks are linked back to isis straight away

the orlando attacks - the media wasnt treating it as homophobic but trying to find links with other attacks - they werent seeing it for what it was
    Ah here we go.

Only a matter of time before you blame Israel and Mossad

ReputationRep:
    You win! You said the word "Islamophobe" Congratulations!Unfortunately you miss out on the bonus prize, as you didn't say the word "racist", sorry about that.
    you must be a really happy person behind the screen

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he is racist. That's just silly.

I managed to spot the Islamophobe though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lujubi)
    I don't think he is racist. That's just silly.

I managed to spot the Islamophobe though.

And i managed to spot the absolute ignorant moron and it's you Lujubi

ReputationRep:
    That post took a lot of energy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    It's ironic that you of all people are mocking a rhetoric.
    How high and mighty of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newsout)
    No the extremist minority isn't tiny.

Why is it that mostly muslims result to terrorism when they feel marginalised? Why aren't as many cases of radical Christianity, or radical judaism or hinduism? why can't muslims just suppress their anger when the world is against them, why cause terror?
    Here you are assuming that there are no other religious extremist groups- but seem to forget that the majority if not all of your information about 'radical Islam' comes from the media which funnily enough is very prejudiced and bias in its views. Many times I have seen that even before the cause or person behind a problem is identified the reporters claim that they think it may be the doing of an extremist Islamic group. As for reports of other radical religion extremists...ever heard of the KKK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OHH_MY_DAYZ:b)
    Here you are assuming that there are no other religious extremist groups- but seem to forget that the majority if not all of your information about 'radical Islam' comes from the media which funnily enough is very prejudiced and bias in its views. Many times I have seen that even before the cause or person behind a problem is identified the reporters claim that they think it may be the doing of an extremist Islamic group. As for reports of other radical religion extremists...ever heard of the KKK?

Please just shut up and go away, I'm just tired of this

ReputationRep:
    Surprised how 35 people think you can prevent people from entering a country based on religion , which there is no definitive way to prove. Lmao pea brained people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trumpisbae)

so true Im a canadian living in the usa and I can tell you that immigrants are everywhere.

Countries should lock the door and throw away the key

You're a f*cking immigrant in the US! Get the f*ck out of America!

ReputationRep:
    XD I'm literally sitting here like...
    So how exactly are the Muslims going to get banned. No one seems to want to talk about that???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Gaben)
    You can't ban people on the basis of their religion. It's unconstitutional.
    Republican hypocrisy at it's finest. They're the first to defend the right to bear arms but seem to forget this for some reason. Despicable.
    They're all lining their own pockets really. And Clinton is just as bad. Apparently she wore a $12,000 coat during a speech on income inequality :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newsout)
    You really need to get this through your extra thick skull, you absolute fool.

Not everyone who posts an article or writes a piece criticising Islam means they are anti-muslim. The article was not anti-islamic because 1 in 5 Syrians have a favourable view of ISIS, it's factual. Talking about facts of the Qur'an and Facts of Muhammed, don't make me a racist, don;t make me a bigot and it certainly doesn't make me an Islamophobe, and no amount of deluded pejoratives that come out of your stupid mouth can change that.

Yes, YOU as a muslim, an Ignorant muslim from what I have seen know next to nothing about Islam, you're just another moron who calls anyone that criticises your backward barbaric cult an islamophobe, which shows that your intellectual capacity is less than that of a doorknob.

The article I posted just proved it, you were the daft ignorant one who doesn't research anything.

The 1960's has NOTHING to do with what I posted, you're really a moron.

The article wasn't satire, it contains actual quotes from the members and their names and links to an article that also talks about gays and jews also joining the KKK, are they also satirical, or biased against muslims somehow you moron

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society...-and-gay-video

I really do not even want one, you and another user called mero22 are the 2 DUMBEST people on TSR bar none, and that is REALLY saying something.
    I just spent some time reading through this thread, curious to see what people's views on this subject are. After reading comments from this delightful user, I began to lose faith in humanity.

You are correct in saying that questioning and talking about 'facts' from the Qur'an doesn't make you Islamaphobic. Maybe you are not Islamaphobic. However, you are apparently a very intolerant and offensive person. The fact that you resort to insults to get your point across shows just how ignorant you are as well. People who have valid points and arguments to make can rely on logic and reason, they don't need to lower themselves to cheap insults towards individuals. Also, your sources are not reliable, and the fact that you refer to them as 'factual' is a little embarrassing. Virtually no articles like this in the media are without bias, and if you are not aware of that, perhaps you should take the time to consider it before shoving this 'evidence' into your posts and saying 'look, the media says so!'

On another note, for anyone interested, I personally do not agree with organised religion of any kind, and believe it is massively responsible for ignorance around the world. However, I don't believe it is acceptable to discriminate against people based on their religion. The US should not ban 'all Muslims', but should find other ways to keep their people safe. This article (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...the-deadliest/) shows the small proportion of mass shootings in 2015 alone that were committed by radical Muslims. However, it also shows that the deadliest of those were down to radical Islam. The question in my mind, then, is why do they have access to automatic weapons? Why should anyone? Just look at the number of shootings that occurred in one year.

Also, this research http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mus...merica/5333619 shows that between 1970 and 2012, only 2.5% of terrorist attacks on American soil were carried out by Muslims. Yet, the word 'terrorism' seems only to be thrown around when Muslims are involved somehow. Media attention is selective and dramatised. One individual committing a horrific act becomes a terrorist attack from an entire religious community.

Increase security, protect your people better. You can't accuse an entire community of being terrorists and you certainly can't hope to improve things through further discrimination, but you can work harder to protect innocent people from violence by making it much more difficult for people to commit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salmasalmass)
    XD I'm literally sitting here like...
    So how exactly are the Muslims going to get banned. No one seems to want to talk about that???
    presumably by the simplicity of 'muslim sounding /arab names'. Donald is not one for complex ideas

And hes also building some sort of wall for the mexicans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerol)
    The fact that you resort to insults to get your point across shows just how ignorant you are as well. People who have valid points and arguments to make can rely on logic and reason, they don't need to lower themselves to cheap insults towards individuals.
    Insults come from both sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)

And hes also building some sort of wall for the mexicans
    He hasn't started to build the wall yet. Anyway, as he wants Mexico to pay for it, he might have to wait quite a long time before starting its construction.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.