Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    How is stopping doing your job respectful?
    That's a bit like saying why do we have a 2 minute silence every year for remembrance day.

ReputationRep:
    Why is an elected member more important than your average joe getting murdered?
    I actually do think it is more "important". Not sadder or more tragic, but it certainly has much larger implications when a representative of the people is killed particularly if it was for political reasons. It has the possibility of influencing the political process in an unwarranted manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutcase13)
    That's a bit like saying why do we have a 2 minute silence every year for remembrance day.
    Tell me how it is respectful to stop doing your job for a whole day.

ReputationRep:
    This has marred a great day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KINGYusuf)
    Well done, interviewed one person. Whereas 3 other people did confirm that the man did actually shout Britain First, some with statements.
    Three witnesses have confirmed that? Can you provide a link?

ReputationRep:
    Tell me how it is respectful to stop doing your job for a whole day.
    ok lets just assume a close freind or loved one of yours was murdered brutally, would you just forget about it and go to work? You forget that a lot of the people in the campaign were close freinds with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Oh good god, cut it out. This is nothing to do with my being a member of the Support Team. A woman has died and both campaigns have been suspended to show respect for her death which was both barbaric and senseless.
    Stop quoting me and behave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_C_)
    What is your definition of "nationalist" that Corbyn fits into?
    He said he loves his country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutcase13)
    ok lets just assume a close freind or loved one of yours was murdered brutally, would you just forget about it and go to work? You forget that a lot of the people in the campaign were close freinds with her.
    I probably would carry on doing my job. I have a client that I am responsible for.

ReputationRep:
    I probably would carry on doing my job. I have a client that I am responsible for.
    somehow i doubt that, but ok i'll take your word for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    I actually do think it is more "important". Not sadder or more tragic, but it certainly has much larger implications when a representative of the people is killed particularly if it was for political reasons. It has the possibility of influencing the political process in an unwarranted manner.
    Funny enough some leave voter on the labour page said they're voting in because she was killed, and I asked how that had any bearing on how she would vote. She replied because the bloke was a white supramacist and she didn't want to be associated with that. Honestly I attempted to reason with her but then I thought cba arguing with morons haha.

ReputationRep:
    Why is an elected member more important than your average joe getting murdered?
    An attack on an MP is an attack on our political system. It undermines the means we have of settling disagreements in this country, which is supposed to be the democratic process.

Besides which, she was a part of the same political process as many of the core members of each campaign. It would obviously be callous in the extreme for her colleagues to carry on as though nothing had happened.

I wasn't going to bother responding to this, but I see you've continued to make these troll posts. I have to inform you that they are not hip, edgy, or clever.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking the very same, I don't see the same public outcry when your average joe gets shot. You certainly don't get the Arch Bishop tweeting about you.
    Lee Rigby?

ReputationRep:
    Update 1830 — Widely quoted local admits he didn’t hear “Britain First”
    Local restaurant owner Hicham Ben Abdallah, widely quoted across the media as having claimed Mr. Mair shouted, “Britain First” has told Breitbart London “No, no. I did not hear that”.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    An attack on an MP is an attack on our political system. It undermines the means we have of settling disagreements in this country, which is supposed to be the democratic process.
    This, 1000%.

Violence against elected politicians for political reasons is a particularly pernicious act. It is effectively an attack on the public itself. Equally, we view terrorism more seriously than random acts of non-ideological violence because, again, it fundamentally undermines the means we have agreed to settle disputes.

ReputationRep:
    There is no sense of duty in Britain anymore. People don't jump in to help people. It's the same with that Muslim nutter in Leytonstone tube station. People would rather film **** with their phones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    There is no sense of duty in Britain anymore. People don't jump in to help people. It's the same with that Muslim nutter in Leytonstone tube station. People would rather film **** with their phones
    except in this case someone did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Update 1830 — Widely quoted local admits he didn’t hear “Britain First”
    Local restaurant owner Hicham Ben Abdallah, widely quoted across the media as having claimed Mr. Mair shouted, “Britain First” has told Breitbart London “No, no. I did not hear that”.
    Hicham Ben Abdallah wasn't the the one who claimed the attacker said "Britain First". It was a man called Aamir Tahir

ReputationRep:
    why are some people just so disgustingly evil?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a leave voter but frankly it is pissing me off to see how desperately Breitbart-type people are playing down the political/ideological angle while playing up the mental illness one.

That is pretty much in direct contradiction of everything they said in the immediate aftermath of the Orlando attack

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.